Old 29 March 2024, 14:33   #522
PascalDe73
PascalDe73

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyPPC View Post
Final Fight Enhanced has been updated yesterday 28/03/2024:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...wD7xtn-zmtPPe0

Hi,
Many thanks for the infomation and the direct link.

Good Week-end and have a Good easter.

Pascal

Last edited by PascalDe73; 29 March 2024 at 16:19.
Old 29 March 2024, 16:37   #523
Luca underdog

the arcade version remains the best, and if we didn't love amiga, megadrive etc it would be the only one to play, but after the excellent work of prototron i wonder how different an amiga final fight with ad hoc graphics would be from the megadrive version
Old 29 March 2024, 17:10   #524
skyzoo73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca underdog View Post
the arcade version remains the best, and if we didn't love amiga, megadrive etc it would be the only one to play, but after the excellent work of prototron i wonder how different an amiga final fight with ad hoc graphics would be from the megadrive version
Being able to get a good programmer and a good graphic designer I think a great game could come out of it on Amiga. It would be a huge job but in the end it would be on par with the versions on Snes and MD and in some respects it would even have the potential to be better.
Old 29 March 2024, 18:18   #525
tomcat666
Retro Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanyPPC View Post
Final Fight Enhanced has been updated yesterday 28/03/2024:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...wD7xtn-zmtPPe0
Anyone knows what are the changes/improvements ?
Old 01 April 2024, 01:14   #526
BigD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat666 View Post
I will try it tomorrow.
Old 03 April 2024, 14:34   #527
BigD

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat666 View Post
Setup...AMiNIMiga Workbench 3.9 WHDLoad install version on THEA500 Mini.

OK, bad news...with Haggar and Guy the game started glitching majorly when we reached the Rolento boss fight and it crashed with Guru Mediation screen when we beat him! Only had issues when playing with Maki 2-player under the previous version! We then managed to complete it wth Guy and Cody on that version!

The only other thing I noticed is that Roxy doesn't flash her bits when knocked to the floor anymore! Sadly, my son still remembers and it looks like we'll have to revert to that version anyway!
Old 03 April 2024, 16:06   #528
DanyPPC

Yesterday new update !
Old 03 April 2024, 16:14   #529
Brick Nash
Prototron

Hey folks.

Sorry to disappoint, but the update was just one line of code. The last boss lacked a target-player subroutine when created so would behave oddly in 2-player mode. That's all that was added.

As for the other problems, I went through the whole game in both 1-player and 2-Player mode using the disks on WinUAE and my real A600, and everything was fine, so it must be a WHDLoad issue. Unfortunately I don't use WHDload and I've no real knowledge of how it works, so I think it'll just have to be chalked up to compatibility problems.

If I make any major and/or significant updates then I'll announce them here, but TBH I've pretty much moved on from this project, so I doubt there will be anytime soon.

Cheers.
Old 03 April 2024, 17:35   #530
jotd
This cat is no more

if there are gfx glitches, this is not a whdload issue but an issue with fast machines and missing blitwaits, which can be added with a proper whdload slave.

It's usually done that way for "dead" games. Problem with alive projects is that work must be re-done at each new release, unless it's fixed in the game release.
Old 03 April 2024, 17:42   #531
Torti-the-Smurf

Exactly what JOTD said

WinUAE with tons of various settings is not the same as the A500 Mini.
(which also have a few settings that might fix the issue)

Please try to run the ADFs on the A500 Mini and see what happends.
(play around with the A500 advanced settings ....)

Hope that helps.
I stick to FPGA and have basically zero problems with that

Last edited by Torti-the-Smurf; 03 April 2024 at 18:20. Reason: typo
Old 03 April 2024, 20:03   #532
BigD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick Nash View Post
Hey folks.

Sorry to disappoint, but the update was just one line of code. The last boss lacked a target-player subroutine when created so would behave oddly in 2-player mode. That's all that was added.

As for the other problems, I went through the whole game in both 1-player and 2-Player mode using the disks on WinUAE and my real A600, and everything was fine, so it must be a WHDLoad issue. Unfortunately I don't use WHDload and I've no real knowledge of how it works, so I think it'll just have to be chalked up to compatibility problems.

If I make any major and/or significant updates then I'll announce them here, but TBH I've pretty much moved on from this project, so I doubt there will be anytime soon.

Cheers.
OK, I don't know why we saw less boobs then! Also, is there an animation for the player characters struggling to get back to their feet? It feels weird without that!
Old 04 April 2024, 22:41   #533
BigD

Quote:
Hey folks.

That's a shame as it had potential and was a fun port especially with the Maki character addition and the great intro! It would have developed into a version to definitely rival the new MegaDrive version if you'd have polished it IMHO! The 'get up' animation is definitely needed and having Damnd scuttle to his 'safe space' rather than jump is a bit crazy too!

[Edit] Yeah, the inappropriate frame appears when you punch Roxy! Bit weird! I don't remember that in any other version!

Last edited by BigD; 05 April 2024 at 22:36.
Old 05 April 2024, 16:00   #534
Howardphilips

For people who want more, their only hope is to wait for a release of the source code AND a skillful and motivated programmer+ graphician team.
Old 06 April 2024, 13:57   #535
BigD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howardphilips View Post
For people who want more, their only hope is to wait for a release of the source code AND a skillful and motivated programmer+ graphician team.
No sword pickups during the Sodom fight is a bummer. Only 2 Andors during their ring match rather than 3 and the grandaddy Andore watching on is not good either. Needs more between scene animations as previously mentioned. Andore grabs a player character by the neck in the arcade game and hauls them off to the ring match! Much better than bizarre and unconnected interlude as presented in the Amiga version! Much work to do still!
Old 06 April 2024, 14:06   #536
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
Much work to do still!
I would say that Brick has made it very clear that he won't spend any more time on the project for the time being. Not sure what you try to achieve here.
Old 06 April 2024, 14:11   #537
BigD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD View Post
I would say that Brick has made it very clear that he won't spend any more time on the project for the time being. Not sure what you try to achieve here.
Bug reporting is all. Round 4 complete with just Guy with no glitching with Rolento! Possible 2-player issue only with Haggar and Maki!
Old 06 April 2024, 14:56   #538
BigD

Quote:
Hey folks.

Belger doesn't even show up with the new routine in 2-player mode! I can hear him firing bolts for a while but he doesn't appear and no projectiles. At least we managed to complete it with the old version! Some issues selecting character after using a continue, had to wait until player 2 had finished the level to rejoin as stuck timer=9 and credit=5! Also, Haggar getting stuck mid pile driver bug still present! Less speed up issues but still there on last level.

Using WHDLoad version under AMiNIMiga on THEA500 Mini.
Old 06 April 2024, 15:00   #539
BigD

Quote:
Hey folks....

Cheers.
Please could you consider opensourcing the sourcecode if you are not going to do any more work on it! It is close to greatness! Thank you for a far more faithful to the arcade Amiga version!
Old 06 April 2024, 15:47   #540
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
Bug reporting is all.
Then why do you keep quoting Brick?