English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 21 February 2024, 18:00   #501
Bren McGuire

definitely and sorry if i annoyed you but i am not complaining about the game rather complaining about someone with alot of entitlement coming here with demands we're all on the same page here leave Brick Nash alone and enjoy the game or just go somewhere else to spoil the fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris1997XX View Post
Yeah, I can definitely understand why some developers refuse to release their games/programs/whatever for the masses...
Old 21 February 2024, 18:04   #502
PARALAX

Send a message via ICQ to PARALAX
To make it clear again: I love the game too and am very grateful to the author for it. And it was never my intention to put it in a bad light. I have no claims or demands, I just wanted to give feedback on a possible bug. And wild assumptions annoy me just because you express your personal opinion. Thanks for his effort!

Last edited by PARALAX; 21 February 2024 at 18:18.
Old 21 February 2024, 18:19   #503
BigD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARALAX View Post
At least I learned how to be respectful to other people online. And no, I didn't waste a second because my report wasn't related to the recommended and unusual system configuration, but to an AGA environment.
I suggest if you want to mess around with emulation that you check out the BOR game Street Fighter '89: The Final Fight. It's got nothing to do with the Amiga but is a very fun extension of the arcade game that is in ongoing development!

I'm sure the developer would appreciate your bug reports (and there are quite a few). It only contains levels (and a few extra ones at that) up to and not including the Sodom Arena Fight but the additional moves and alterations need to be played to be believed! One day it will be my favourite version, until then Final Fight Enhanced is pretty neat!

One final piece of advice; know your developer! If they are targetting a specific machine and have no interest in taking things further then just respect that! The same is true with paraj and his TFX optimisations!

Q: Do we want a RTG version of TFX?
Ans: Yes.

Q: Does paraj want to continue development beyond the darn best AGA version known to the Amiga World?
Ans: No.

Q: What is the only polite response to this?
Ans: Accept their decision and enjoy what they have gifted us!

Another amazing ongoing Amiga development is the Karlos-TKG Redux version of Alien Breed 3D 2! I'm sure Karlos would appreciate bug reports and suggestions and even graphics if you are able to donate any assets. However, 'paraj' and 'Prototron' are not doing to take kindly to be pressured to do more FREE coding especially bug fixes for hardware outside the scope of their original plans! Please therefore leave them alone, or even better buy them a beer!!
Old 21 February 2024, 18:47   #504
BigD

@Thread

I think the recurring theme of these discussion and computer game development in particular is how unless you own you own studio like John Carmack at ID Software in the early days or Martyn Brown at Team17 (again before the Debbie Bestwick buyout mess), you don't necessary get to work on the projects you'd like to! Final Fight wasn't the favoured genre of the original Amiga coder and he just didn't understand what made it special! The same with the optimisations of TFX, in that paraj just doesn't like flight sims! They have the knowledge and the know-how but they also have a life! A lot of development is just to get paid. The Amiga's history was so full of passionate engineers that we forget all the US Gold and Ocean type stuff was mostly a gravy train for profit rather than artistic endeavour. Sadly, other than Nintendo the industry is heading in that direction again!
Old 21 February 2024, 19:01   #505
PARALAX

Send a message via ICQ to PARALAX
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
@Thread
I think the recurring theme of these discussion and computer game development in particular is how unless you own you own studio like John Carmack at ID Software in the early days or Martyn Brown at Team17 (again before the Debbie Bestwick buyout mess), you don't necessary get to work on the projects you'd like to! Final Fight wasn't the favoured genre of the original Amiga coder and he just didn't understand what made it special! The same with the optimisations of TFX, in that paraj just doesn't like flight sims! They have the knowledge and the know-how but they also have a life! A lot of development is just to get paid. The Amiga's history was so full of passionate engineers that we forget all the US Gold and Ocean type stuff was mostly a gravy train for profit rather than artistic endeavour. Sadly, other than Nintendo the industry is heading in that direction again!

That's probably true! When I just think of all the film adaptations from Ocean... ("Navy Seals", "Dennis" and whatever they were called). Back then, Team 17 was one of the top studios and you didn't have the feeling that licensing costs for any brand name were at the expense of the game design. I still remember that "Superfrog" was one of the few games for which I was willing to spend 60 DM (around €30 today). In times of pirated copies, which often appeared even before the official release, very few games managed to do that for me. Most of the time it was the 10-20 DM cheap “low budget” games from the department store. And there are still games today that didn't get the attention or fame they deserved back then, e.g. "Zarathrusta", which is still one of my personal favorites today. Sorry if I'm digressing and reminiscing... Back to Topic!

Last edited by PARALAX; 21 February 2024 at 19:13.
Old 23 February 2024, 18:23   #506
trydowave

Ive ran this on an unexpanded A1200 using discs and an accelerated A1200 on WHDload. Ive also ran it on an A600 with a vampire 2. The latter had weird speed issues, going very fast with no enemies on screen and normal speed with a few?

All versions the game had corrupted sprites for Andre walking right and Hollywood was completely garbled.

I managed to kill the last boss on the A600 (WHdload) before it crashed. Ive never completed them on the A1200s where a crash happening in the middle of the game on the disc version.

Will try it again on the A1200s see how far it gets.

Great game.

Last edited by trydowave; 23 February 2024 at 18:30.
Old 23 February 2024, 18:27   #507
sokolovic

I've played the latest build on an A1200 with a blizzard 030/50mhz and it works perfectly for me. The game is a gem.
Old 23 February 2024, 22:19   #508
trydowave

Just finished having a go of the new Megadrive remake of Final Fight. Looks and sounds fantastic.

But.. Not sure if this has anything to do with the fact that i was playing it on my PSP or not but there was some major game play mechanics that werent working properly, or at all?

Final Fight Enhanced has some minor moves omitted that dont effect gameplay such as Guys off the wall jump and his flying knee down attack, but the new mega drive version has some glaring problems imo.

Guy (the only character ive tried) doesnt auto grab the enemies when near; like he does in the arcade version and other versions including Final Fight Enhanced.

And from what I can tell you cant punch an enemy a few time and then fling them in another direction to cut down multiple enemies behind you. This is a major part of playing Final Fight.

Hope they get it fixed.

As for what this has to do with the Amiga and its version.. well.. Im just glad Brick Nash included it
Old 26 February 2024, 14:50   #509
BigD

Quote:
Originally Posted by trydowave View Post
Just finished having a go of the new Megadrive remake of Final Fight. Looks and sounds fantastic.

....the new mega drive version has some glaring problems imo.

Guy (the only character ive tried) doesnt auto grab the enemies when near; like he does in the arcade version and other versions including Final Fight Enhanced.

And from what I can tell you cant punch an enemy a few time and then fling them in another direction to cut down multiple enemies behind you. This is a major part of playing Final Fight.

Hope they get it fixed.
I've just looked into this and the Maga Drive game came out a year ago! Surely any issues with gameplay have been cleaned up by now? Is it Mega Final Fight you're playing? As per the video below?

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 26 February 2024, 17:02   #510
Bren McGuire

no it's Final Fight MD
[ Show youtube player ]

wait after looking at the video it might be the same just went a name change and no it has not been released yet
also it's crazy to see the four-way comparison and now it is evident the SNES version isn't that great after all!

I also thought it was a bit flawed in many aspects Enhanced plays better or more accurately I cannot put my finger on what it is but the MD version just feels odd the Mega CD version is absolutely lovely though and should be the main port of call for Megadrive players

Quote:
Is it Mega Final Fight you're playing? As per the video below?
Old 26 February 2024, 18:01   #511
BigD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren McGuire View Post
no it's Final Fight MD
[ Show youtube player ]

wait after looking at the video it might be the same just went a name change and no it has not been released yet
also it's crazy to see the four-way comparison and now it is evident the SNES version isn't that great after all!
The Mega Final Fight Demo IS available.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SEGAGENESIS...now_available/
Old 26 February 2024, 18:05   #512
Bren McGuire

yeah the demo mate but that one is old as chips
the latest version is here https://mxretrodev.itch.io/final-fight-md

the developer is waiting on confirmation to possibly release Final Fight MD officially with Capcom's blessing

Quote:
The Mega Final Fight Demo IS available.
Old 26 February 2024, 18:18   #513
BigD

Quote:
yeah the demo mate but that one is old as chips
the latest version is here https://mxretrodev.itch.io/final-fight-md

the developer is waiting on confirmation to possibly release Final Fight MD officially with Capcom's blessing
That's not the same game as it doesn't have the amended Captain Commando/Maki time travel storyline! I'll check out the Mega Final Fight Demo and get back to you! It doesn't seem to have the limitations in the move set that you're describing!
Old 26 February 2024, 21:05   #514
BigD

Quote:
...the developer is waiting on confirmation to possibly release Final Fight MD officially with Capcom's blessing
I've finally got to the bottom of this:

Quote:
Patreon has an extra way to play with Maki.
Source: https://www.nextgenroms.com/topic/16...a-final-fight/

I not giving this guy any money to get the unique intro which is the soul reason I want to 'try' it! I'd rather play Final Fight Enhanced (Amiga) and even better Street Fighter '89: The Final Fight (OpenBOR) than waste my time with this wannabee version anymore! I mean seriously, how does he think he's encouraging people to sign up to Patreon if he's doing nothing to promote the extra features that this unlocks?! ?
Old 26 February 2024, 22:02   #515
tomcat666
Retro Freak

If you have a Pistorm'ed amiga you can also try OpenBOR and Final Fight Apocalypse (Amongst numerous other OpenBOR games of course). It is working pretty perfectly on AGA screen:

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 26 February 2024, 22:31   #516
Bren McGuire

the one you linked to is also the same without all the Captain Commando stuff in it I think he canned that version mate

Quote:
That's not the same game as it doesn't have the amended Captain Commando/Maki time travel storyline! I'll check out the Mega Final Fight Demo and get back to you! It doesn't seem to have the limitations in the move set that you're describing!
mate the game will be released for free read the itch page

Quote:
I not giving this guy any money to get the unique intro which is the soul reason I want to 'try' it!
Old 27 February 2024, 00:09   #517
BigD

Quote:
the one you linked to is also the same without all the Captain Commando stuff in it I think he canned that version mate

So now no one gets to play as Maki or Captain Commando because he's trying to court Capcom to make it semi-official?! It doesn't make a lot of sense and in it's current form is still eclipsed by the Mega-CD and Amiga Enhanced versions IMHO!
Old 27 February 2024, 04:00   #518
Bren McGuire

oh so we're back to the entitlement and demands. okay mate

Quote:
So now no one gets to play as Maki or Captain Commando because he's trying to court Capcom to make it semi-official?! It doesn't make a lot of sense and in it's current form is still eclipsed by the Mega-CD and Amiga Enhanced versions IMHO!
Old 27 February 2024, 09:18   #519
BigD

No entitlement, I'm just a bit bemused that he got rid of the uniqueness and morphed it into just a pseudo-official standard release with cool chip tune music!
Old 02 March 2024, 19:57   #520
BigD

Quote:
oh so we're back to the entitlement and demands. okay mate
He's clarified now that the "Mega" edition is on hold while he polishes the "MD" version.

Quote: MXRetroDev on 29th February 2024
Quote:
The "Mega" version has development paused until I complete the standard version.