English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.CD32 Conversion

Old 31 October 2014, 10:56   #401
earok

Just posted a mega update for the Lemmings Collection:

Menu system:
Music from the three core games will play through if you leave it running.

Lemmings 1:
CDTV version now loads with Mr Larmer and Psygore's WHDLoad Slave
All 120 levels can be selected from a menu (no more passwords!). Note that since this menu uses screenshots sourced from a walkthrough, many of them potentially contain spoilers.
Two player mode enabled

Lemmings 2 The Tribes:
WHDLoad version replaced with a different HD Loader (faster loading times, no OS blinks)

Progress preserved in NVRam. You'll need to quit from the main menu after you save to the first slot. Only a couple of free blocks are required at the start of the game but this will grow as you progress (DO NOT use the other save slots or the blocks required will grow faster, potentially beyond the point where it can possibly be saved in NVRAM).

Lemmings 3 All New World of Lemmings:
Progress preserved in NVRam. You'll need to quit from the main menu after you save to the first slot. 14 Blocks of NVRam required (DO NOT use the other save slots, these will not be preserved)

http://unofficial-cd32-ports.blogspo...ollection.html
Old 31 October 2014, 13:20   #402
Ebster

WOW!! cool stuff...will burn this one next.
Old 31 October 2014, 19:38   #403
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Nice.
Old 31 October 2014, 23:38   #404
tolkien
AmigaMan

great!!!
Old 01 November 2014, 08:15   #405
earok

@Ebster Just so you know, I've worked out how to fix the issue with the German samples in Worms CD32.

However, I'm going to go a step further and port at least some of the French and German samples to Worms DC as well, which is taking a little while (there are some complications around fitting samples in RAM etc as Worms DC is much more memory hungry than it's predecessor). Hopefully the re-release will be up in a few days
Old 01 November 2014, 11:44   #406
Ebster

looking forward - thanks!!
Old 02 November 2014, 03:43   #407
earok

Ok, update time!

WORMS COLLECTION:

General: 2x CD Speed command added for faster loading, Worms DC title music added to selection screen
Worms: German language fixed (H/T Ebster for spotting the issue)
Worms Director's Cut:
- 1,05 patch with misc fixes. It doesn't ask you if you're using a CD32 pad any more but it's assumed you're using one (you can change to mouse+keyboard from options if you wish)
- French and German speech options, choose these from the "Record" menu. These are ported from Worms 1.
- Around 20 more samples have been added. Although it still doesn't contain all of the samples that were originally in Worms DC, it now contains almost all of the speech. If you have a Fast RAM equipped CD32 you can still access the full sample set if you wish.
- "Total Wormage" option set added, which just enables the "Total Wormage" status bar. Alternatively if you have a keyboard you can just type in "Total Wormage" to see this.

LEMMINGS COLLECTION

EAB user Cobe identified an issue with my NVFile utility where files above 165 bytes were not saving correctly. Although this does not present an issue with Lemmings 3, it does with Lemmings 2 as the amount of storage required to save will grow as you progress through the game. Below is a fixed version, unfortunately this is not compatible with L2 saves created in the previous version.

Old 03 November 2014, 12:29   #408
pasha

earok i dont know if this right place but i found this. ( [ Show youtube player ] ) It is similar to your work but they can add in-game effects and music. Is this possible on amiga games ?

Old 04 November 2014, 10:06   #409
earok

Hi there, it's beyond my technical expertise to add additional sound and music to games (except for games that use CD soundtracks anyway). If there was a particular game you had in mind, maybe someone can help with that.
Old 04 November 2014, 16:01   #410
pasha

I m thinking about SWOS and chaos engine .( in swos commentary or quality crowd and music.) But it seems like doing stuff like this on amiga ,harder than other systems. thanks for your answer . by the way your works are great .

Old 05 November 2014, 22:05   #411
earok

Guest Release #4: Tiny Troops by Cobe

Thanks Pasha, I appreciate it commentary would be great for SWOS (I believe the PC version had commentary?) but probably too difficult.

Old 05 November 2014, 23:03   #412
Ebster

i keep burning 1-2 cd's every now and then and also print and fit the covers in the cases. it's been a lot of fun by now, also playtesting the games. keep up the good work

but tonight i have burned the earok-160 1.2 three times and none of the tested games would work...gloom dx, fifa, wolfenstein 3d, tiny troops - they hang with a black screen and the red mouse pointer / reset the console to reboot the menu. atm i am downloading the older versions to compare. anyone else having issues?

best regards!
Old 05 November 2014, 23:08   #413
earok

I may need to investigate - there are certain games (including some of the ones that you've mentioned) that you need to hold down a certain button until they boot, have you been doing this?
Old 05 November 2014, 23:15   #414
Ebster

where do i know from, which button for which game.. i have just tried holding red for gloom dx but nothing happened. same for fifa.
Old 05 November 2014, 23:18   #415
earok

It says on the text in the bottom right hand corner if a button hold is required, although neither FIFA nor Gloom should require a mouse button hold :/
Old 05 November 2014, 23:24   #416
Ebster

well maybe it's just my cd32?
Old 05 November 2014, 23:26   #417
earok

I can't say for sure, maybe there's an issue with games that require a restart though. Can you try a simple game on the collection to see if it works (eg 1943) ?
Old 05 November 2014, 23:31   #418
Ebster

1943 works just fine

virtual karting 2 works fine, holding forward until it boots...
Old 07 November 2014, 23:20   #419
Ebster

maybe that cool guy who did f1 grand prix could map "up" to the forward button and "down" to the rewind button. i am so impressed by the speed of your version on a stock cd32...AWESOME!! but accelerating with "up" - hmmmmm....... i own three of the paulwillingham-adapters but would prefer a premapped config as mentioned above. and saves to nvram - oh, am i dreaming again? anyway RESPECT!
Old 10 November 2014, 08:19   #420
gururise

How about Testament and Testament II?

Supposedly the fastest FPS games for the Amiga.. Here's a video of Testament II:
[ Show youtube player ]