English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 22 January 2019, 20:19   #21
mintsauce82

I have to say this sounds pretty par for the course when it comes to Amigakit. I know they're a small outfit but they simply can't handle their workload.

I've placed 2 orders with them in the past, and both took a very long time to process. Like 5 days just to pick and get shipped. I won't use them now unless it's for something only they sell.

Amigastore.eu are much better, I'm sorry to say. It's sad, I want every Amiga store to be successful, but Amigakit aren't winning anyone over with their levels of service.
Old 23 January 2019, 00:18   #22
Cooljerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintsauce82 View Post
I have to say this sounds pretty par for the course when it comes to Amigakit. I know they're a small outfit but they simply can't handle their workload.

I've placed 2 orders with them in the past, and both took a very long time to process. Like 5 days just to pick and get shipped. I won't use them now unless it's for something only they sell.

Amigastore.eu are much better, I'm sorry to say. It's sad, I want every Amiga store to be successful, but Amigakit aren't winning anyone over with their levels of service.

I've had no problems in their past with their speed of shipping, but I live in the US so slow shipping from the UK is sort of expected. Never had any problems with them until this return. I've been using them for years, I've actually put a tidy sum into a couple of Amiga 1200s and a CD32 with parts from them over the years. They were a trusted company in my eyes, we'd done plenty of business in the past.

I will say though that it's sort of disheartening the that first time I got a long, detailed message from them back during all this ordeal is when they finally saw this topic (after I linked it to their twitter account). Chris clearly was not happy with the topic, but all I can say is that if they don't want people complaining about their service, they should step it up. I understand being away on holiday, but absolutely no communication for a month is unacceptable. If you can send an email saying you received the board, you can also tell the customer what's going to happen. All our communication prior to their last email had been curt and, in my eyes, accusatory, as though I felt like I'd be somehow blamed for the bum unit. Like asking me to take a picture of the board connector, and then after doing so, telling me that the fresh-from-box card had some pins that looked "not-ok." That's precisely how it arrived!

They said they don't manufacture the boards anymore, so I really don't know what will happen here. I will say this -- all this has been such a pain, that I actually bought a new accelerator just the other day. I've basically written this one off, if it ever comes through I'll be elated but I don't really see what can be done. If they don't make these anymore, it seems the logical solution would be a refund, but truthfully I'd just like the item in working condition.

Another thing to consider -- I go to work in spurts offshore. Sometimes I can be away for months at a time. My next time I leave should be the end of february. So if this doesn't get resolved by then, it sort of gets messy as I won't be able to be in communication with them again for several months. So this return could turn into a multi-year affair.

Last edited by Cooljerk; 23 January 2019 at 00:24.
Old 24 January 2019, 02:20   #23
jediknight

well dont buy from them again thats what i say. and buy a de10-nano make a mister plays amiga great forget that amiga hardware crap its not worth the money ,i mean theres hardly anything new for the amiga so emulation is still better than crappy old hardware with craply made addons.
Old 24 January 2019, 16:32   #24
lantus360
MVG

the whole "we are a small shop and we get extremely busy especially this time of year" excuse is tiring.

why is it that the only way to light a fire under Amiga-Kit is for someone to expose their terrible customer service ?

There are other shops, including iComp store, Amiga on the Lake, AmigaStore that have much better customer service and support. I suggest people look there. I've had some issues with Individual computers hardware in the past (purchased directly from iComp) that Jens has been more than happy to work with me on.

Just my 2c
Old 24 January 2019, 18:41   #25
RoC

Same here. Ordered back in August 2018, no goods as of today 24th January 2019. Over the months, I sent two messages on their web form. Never heard back.

I am sure they are busy and some of the product greatly benefit our community, however I would have appreciated at least a message informing about the delay or replying my two web messaging. If they are not actively checked, what is the point of having the internal email feature?

Finally got a real email address and sent this today

--------

With reference to the order xxxxx of August 20th 2018, I would like to ask for an update.

During this period I tried to send two messages in the web site embedded contact form to no avail. Unfortunately I do not have a copy, because your system does not allow a receipt to be sent to our personal email addresses. I got your email address in a forum where other people are facing the same issues.

I can see that the Rys is out of stick likewise the Amiga Future. I am willing to renouce to them if this unlock the order.

if there is an expected delivery time, please do inform when it is. I paid my stuff timely and I deserve to get them timely.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Last edited by RoC; 24 January 2019 at 18:49.
Old 25 January 2019, 03:32   #26
Pyromania

I’ve always had great service buying things from AmigaKit.
Old 01 February 2019, 18:14   #27
mintsauce82

Quote:
Ordered back in August 2018, no goods as of today 24th January 2019.
Holy shit. That is inexcusable, maybe your order was lost in the post? Amigakit we love you but please stop giving us reasons to not choose you!
Old 01 February 2019, 22:18   #28
Superman

If you are on Facebook then send a message to Matthew Leaman as he is one of the people who run Amigakit. He is active in the Commodore Amiga group on there too.
Old 02 February 2019, 11:47   #29
Decker

Seems like Canada and US are getting shafted here.

My poor experiences have only been related to a single, relatively extensive repair job. Simple orders for in-stock products have always come through pretty fast. Also, in the case where I had to wait for months, the only issue was that of speed. Quality of work was fine, and they were solid and straightforward with me.

All this to say, I'm sure they won't screw you out of your money, even if they're being inexcusably slow.
Old 03 February 2019, 05:20   #30
Dynamic_Computi
10MARC

I have never had lick getting a response from Amigakit's web forms, but get great response on Email, Facebook and Twitter. I imagine there web form just does not work right.
I have had 100% success rate with all my Amigakit transactions over the years.
Old 03 February 2019, 08:12   #31
RoC

AmigaKit seemingly won't honor their warranty

Indeed they promptly reply to the email, saying that one item is not available. I am suggesting to remove it, because I wish to close the order. Fair enough to inform about the reason and we are going to sort that out.

In my view, it Looks like the email contact web form is either not working or forwarding the message to some non-checked mailbox.

They may consider linking email addresses to their page, rather than web forms. Social network would be another option for those who uses them (not myself, but many here..).

Again, Amigakit has provided so much support for years to the all of us, so no intention to underestimate that.
Old 05 February 2019, 20:40   #32
Picard

I sent several messages before i got return instructions. I returned 2 small items to amigakit.They refunded 1 item. I ordered something else in new order. When that order came to me, it also included that non-refunded item i sent back. Then i tried to message them 6-10 times once per day, no response.

One would think they might message back and ask if i sent this "other" item by mistake or if they need other reason for returning that item. Item they returned cost about 4-5 pounds.Retuning this item back to amigakit twice cost more that its worth, so i wont do that.

My case is now pending in european consumer counsil or what ever it is called, cant remember anymore. They will deal with amigakit now. I dont know what if anything will come from it but i just had to share my experience here.
Old 07 February 2019, 17:46   #33
Syntrax

I usually call AmigaKit and Chris answers the phone. That being said, what are these shops busy with? It's not like there are 1000's of orders pouring in each day. AmigaStore, these guys have never ever answered one email I've sent them. A-media in France, hog-slow.

I've got the feeling that all Amiga shops are part-time, home driven shops, where people, after a long day at work, check their email to see if there is an order, which they will collect next day from their shureguard storage facility for packaging and a trip to some postal organisation. In that case, you'r not really waiting for a customer complaining about something that went wrong. Not saying they shouldn't but after a long day at work, most people like to have fun.

I already have my share of frustrations with all the amiga stores....

Old 15 February 2019, 23:27   #34
Crown
Demoscener

Major issue with my order at Amiga Kit

Hi,

I bought David Pleasance's book from Amiga Kit - Commodore The Inside Story on December 14th
(https://amigakit.amiga.store/product...ducts_id=12642)

I never received it and wrote several times to AK in order to alert them. They asked me to wait until late January. The book never reached my mail box and now I can't get them to answer my email.

They are clearly running away from their responsibility and I am getting quite pissed off with that attitude.

Has anyone on EAB had a similar experience? How did they get it resolved?

Many thanks in advance for your support!
Old 16 February 2019, 04:47   #35
ferrellsl
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ferrellsl Send a message via Yahoo to ferrellsl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown View Post
Hi,

I bought David Pleasance's book from Amiga Kit - Commodore The Inside Story on December 14th
(https://amigakit.amiga.store/product...ducts_id=12642)

I never received it and wrote several times to AK in order to alert them. They asked me to wait until late January. The book never reached my mail box and now I can't get them to answer my email.

They are clearly running away from their responsibility and I am getting quite pissed off with that attitude.

Has anyone on EAB had a similar experience? How did they get it resolved?

Many thanks in advance for your support!
My last experience with AmigaKit was about 18 months ago and it was a mixed bag. I ordered a CF card and an adapter to upgrade my A1200 and asked them to pre-install OS 3.1 on the CF card since they advertised this service. The hardware arrived but they neglected to add the OS. It seems that if they are either unable or unwilling to perform a service or provide a product, that they simply ignore you. I also asked that they provide me with some licensed copies of OS 3.1 on floppy as I didn't want to spend hours going thru my stored items to retrieve floppies that had most likely gone bad by now. Didn't get those either or even an acknowledgement that I had asked for the disks or the OS installation on the CF card.

It took me several hours of fiddling with WinUAE and the CF card and a bit of time to find OS3.1 ADF files on the net. I had to install the OS myself which really slowed me down and ate up a significant amount of time that I had set aside for other projects, so I've not forgotten this and it has jaded me. I doubt I will ever patronize them again.
Old 16 February 2019, 05:54   #36
Crown
Demoscener

Hi ferrellsl,

thanks for sharing your experience with them.

it clearly appears, reading through the posts that they don't seem to care much about clients. Which is a shame.
Old 21 February 2019, 04:07   #37
xubidoo

my 1st order off them was for a simple rgb>vga adaptor , ordered on a thurs afternoon, by the following monday i mailed to ask if it had been despatched yet ,to which i was told it would be in that afternoons post by 3pm. (monday)

roll on to friday ,and still nothing , mailed again no reply, checked tracking , turned out they hadnt even posted it until the thurs, eventually recieved it the following tuesday , so almost 2 weeks from date of order , quite likely to be my 1st and probably last order.

Not the best 1st impression ive ever had.

Old 21 February 2019, 13:38   #38
tolkien
AmigaMan

I have ordered to them a parnet cable (in stock) the 2nd of february.
Today is still in pending state. I have mailed them with no answer.
I understand they are no amazon but...

Last edited by tolkien; 21 February 2019 at 19:01.
Old 22 February 2019, 13:37   #39
tolkien
AmigaMan

Status changed to "delivered". good!
Old 05 March 2019, 20:22   #40
Crown
Demoscener

Hi AmigaKit,

It is nice that you advertise products on EAB but it would be even nicer if your delivered the goods that are ordered through your website.

I'd like to receive the book I ordered december 14th!

Order Number: 53716