Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
Not many fans of Lemmings then?
I only just found this thread today. Will download it and play over the weekend
Old 15 December 2016, 22:33   #23
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobe View Post
There are levels you created?
No not create, there is 80 unique levels in the Megadrive version of Lemmings, well 90 (the other 10 would be in another pack if there is enough interest) these levels are the exact same as they are in that version, skills, time etc the other 40 levels are duplicates (which is the way the original Lemmings was put together) so I had to manually edit 40 levels changing skill numbers, time, lemmings to save etc so they are unique in that you need to find another way to complete that level.

So I didn't create them no not in that regard.
Old 23 December 2016, 00:20   #24
warfalcon

[ Show youtube player ]

Here is the trained Version of this release for those who find it too tricky.

Entire Version can be downloaded from Flashtro:
http://www.flashtro.com/index.php?e=...aHTML5&id=4337

I have also placed it into the zone. Merry Xmas!

Last edited by warfalcon; 23 December 2016 at 00:29.
Old 23 December 2016, 12:28   #25
Lemming880

I asked for a trainer and it's actually here! I'll definitely use the stop timer and skip levels but I forgot how unlimited resources totally screw up the level design so I'll try to keep away from that. Though it would be handy to switch between limited and unlimited ingame but this is fine already. Thanks.
Old 23 December 2016, 13:58   #26
DamienD
Banned

Cheers Flashtro guys
Old 23 December 2016, 14:21   #27
Amigajay

Thanks Warfalcon! Nice to see a flashtro for my release! Thanks also to all the guys who worked on it.
Old 23 December 2016, 17:04   #28
AmigaBill

Thanks so much guys, this is awesome! I love Lemmings. So basically these are additional expansions that were never released for Amiga? I do remember Oh No! More Lemmings, but I guess there were more levels added after that that were not on Amiga? Man, so much dust in my brain! Thanks for all your efforts. Brilliant work.
Old 23 December 2016, 17:29   #29
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaBill View Post
Thanks so much guys, this is awesome! I love Lemmings. So basically these are additional expansions that were never released for Amiga? I do remember Oh No! More Lemmings, but I guess there were more levels added after that that were not on Amiga? Man, so much dust in my brain! Thanks for all your efforts. Brilliant work.
No official packs were ever done, user created levels are available for PC via custom level players and editors, these levels aren't from those.

The Sega Megadrive version created after the Amiga one by Sunsoft in Japan has 90 levels unique from the Amiga one, it also has 70-80 Amiga levels included, but because it couldn't handle the large levels from the Amiga they had to create smaller levels, hence these 90 new levels.

Because of the way Lemmings is made up 80 levels +40 duplicates =120 levels, I couldn't include all 90, so I have included 80 levels and the other 40 are duplicates of those with new skills, names and times etc
Old 24 December 2016, 15:46   #30
Frog

Nice gift ! Thanks for it and Merry Christmas
Old 24 December 2016, 23:10   #31
capehorn

Thanks for this. I've always thought of Lemmings as a very Christmassy game for some reason so I'll be having a good play of this later.

I'm not usually a fan of the pixel perfect, one-exact-way-of-completing types of levels which the first of these seem to be, but I've already beaten the first few and I can't wait to see what the rest are like.
Old 24 December 2016, 23:48   #32
capehorn

Did you mean to include the dynamic that right click stops the action while the clock keeps ticking, or is it a bug? Because in the original game, right click enabled a faster scroll speed for when you were moving around the map. In this version, right click is almost like pause, except the clock continues to run down (so I'm not sure what the point is, it acts like, but is inferior to, pausing the game). I'm just wondering because it really confused me at first and I thought the game had crashed.
Old 25 December 2016, 13:52   #33
AmigaBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
No official packs were ever done, user created levels are available for PC via custom level players and editors, these levels aren't from those.

The Sega Megadrive version created after the Amiga one by Sunsoft in Japan has 90 levels unique from the Amiga one, it also has 70-80 Amiga levels included, but because it couldn't handle the large levels from the Amiga they had to create smaller levels, hence these 90 new levels.

Because of the way Lemmings is made up 80 levels +40 duplicates =120 levels, I couldn't include all 90, so I have included 80 levels and the other 40 are duplicates of those with new skills, names and times etc
Thanks for the info and amazing work putting this together AmigaJay Lemmings is just as fun to play today as it was back then. The sign of a true classic !
Old 30 December 2016, 13:31   #34
capehorn

I finished playing through all the fun levels. It was very enjoyable, all well designed and quite challenging (probably the equivalent of taxing/easier mayhem levels in the original - some of them are real puzzlers!) but that's the way I like them.

Are these fan designed levels or are they levels that appeared on other systems and have been ported to the Amiga for the first time?
Old 30 December 2016, 13:40   #35
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by capehorn View Post
I finished playing through all the fun levels. It was very enjoyable, all well designed and quite challenging (probably the equivalent of taxing/easier mayhem levels in the original - some of them are real puzzlers!) but that's the way I like them.

Are these fan designed levels or are they levels that appeared on other systems and have been ported to the Amiga for the first time?
See post #34

These are the unique Sega Megadrive levels.
Old 18 January 2017, 20:19   #36
Vollldo

Quote:
Hi D,

Thanks for this (& thanks Amigajay)

Just tried your version in WinUAE, default A1200 and it actually worked with 1 disk drive and 2mb Chip.
When i try to run it with WinUAE (standard A1200 configuration with 2Mb of chip RAM) by inserting the trained Flashtro disc 1 i have a message box saying :
"Please insert volume DF1 in any drive".

I just tried the untrained versio, after have inserted the disk 2 it loads a while then stopped. How did you get it work with 2Mb only ?

SOLVED : The untrained version needs more RAM.

Last edited by Vollldo; 18 January 2017 at 20:27.

Old 18 January 2017, 20:26   #37
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vollldo View Post
When i try to run it with WinUAE (standard A1200 configuration with 2Mb of chip RAM) by inserting the trained Flashtro disc 1 i have a message box saying :
"Please insert volume DF1 in any drive".

How do i run this one with 2Mb oinly so ? Did you try the untrained version ?
Hello my friend,

No need to use the "HD INSTALL --> ADFs" files I created; this is really for Gotek users with one drive only.

Use the Flashtro trained version; OCS / 512KB Chip & 512KB Slow RAM but you as per original; you need Disk 1 in DFO: and Disk 2 in DF1:
Old 18 January 2017, 20:29   #38
Vollldo

Mmm thansk a lot, ok let me try Damien.

EDIT : Christ sake i just tried the trained Flashtro version with a standard A1200 configuration with 2 drives and it works ! I will be able to play it on my real machine so, thanks soooo much mate for these ADF, this incredible release needed such files wow !

Old 18 January 2017, 20:30   #39
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Mmm thansk a lot, ok let me try Damien.
Off topic but check out the Killing Game Show - liquid rising too quickly thread, I think you'll be a very happy man
Old 18 January 2017, 21:14   #40
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
EDIT : Christ sake i just tried the trained Flashtro version with a standard A1200 configuration with 2 drives and it works ! I will be able to play it on my real machine so, thanks soooo much mate for these ADF, this incredible release needed such files wow !
The original release here and the subsequent trained Flashtro release will work on an "A500 / 512KB Chip & 512KB Slow RAM" but you do need to have 2 disk drives

My fault really, due to lack of knowledge / coding skills; I could get it to run on one disk drive but here was a lot of swapping and quite messy.

...also, don't thank me; it's Amigajay that went through all the pain in order to bring this to the Amiga community