English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 25 January 2016, 21:18   #21
BarryB
Amigaholic

I already told you I wrote it back to a floppy on my A1200 and played the first level, so yes it does work, why it doesn't work for you I have no idea, maybe bad drive or alignment? I just copied the files to DH0:deviceDrawer, loaded Power Copy and set Source Drive DEV and Target Drive 0 and clicked START! Got black L on every track and when rebooting the A1200 I press '2' to disable the BPPC and the game loads! Also copied to DF1: and that copy loads too!

As for writing it to an ADF, you need to click 'create custom disk' in WinUAE floppy options and save, creates a 2mb ADF, then write the files to that ADF under WinUAE! Don't try and write back to an 880k ADF under WinUAE, it definitely won't work and will 'hang' on the title screen and track 43 on WinUAEs status bar!
Old 25 January 2016, 22:49   #22
Sandro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
I already told you I wrote it back to a floppy on my A1200 and played the first level, so yes it does work, why it doesn't work for you I have no idea, maybe bad drive or alignment? I just copied the files to DH0:deviceDrawer, loaded Power Copy and set Source Drive DEV and Target Drive 0 and clicked START! Got black L on every track and when rebooting the A1200 I press '2' to disable the BPPC and the game loads! Also copied to DF1: and that copy loads too!

As for writing it to an ADF, you need to click 'create custom disk' in WinUAE floppy options and save, creates a 2mb ADF, then write the files to that ADF under WinUAE! Don't try and write back to an 880k ADF under WinUAE, it definitely won't work and will 'hang' on the title screen and track 43 on WinUAEs status bar!
master, I don't know what are you reporting
I just tested it on winuae and it doesn't work, so will not work on my A1200 neither
Old 25 January 2016, 23:21   #23
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandro View Post
you are delirious ,It can't be done, I tested it long time ago and not worked, I tested today again: idem results

if you are sure what are you talking about post full instructions to make the disk
How do you dare to talk to your MaStEr like this ?

You little....

Ok, just to clarify things :

1) There are many version of powercopy out there, be sure to pick the right version with protection removed by Stingray. It's the only working one.

2) This fecking game has NO ondisk protection out of the $1800 long tracks, that ANY standard amiga drive can copy two hands tied in its back.

3) Be sure to use a good and not formatted 50 times disk, and working also.

So do i really need to work out once again a powercopy image of this game ?
Old 25 January 2016, 23:42   #24
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
master, I don't know what are you reporting
I just tested it on winuae and it doesn't work, so will not work on my A1200 neither
Are you using an Extended ADF, 2MB in size? Regards the Power Copy version, dlfrsilver is right, we must use the one cracked by Stingray. I've attached it here for convenience, it's an ADF in the zip!!
Attached Files
File Type: zip PowerCopy_cracked.zip (374.5 KB, 97 views)
Old 26 January 2016, 01:05   #25
Sandro
Banned

of course I'm using the xcopy cracked by stingray but the image of troddlers done with this proggy it doesn't work

here is the extended 2mb adf file I done in winuae
as you can see the game boots but end up freezed
Attached Files
File Type: zip tro1.zip (883.2 KB, 76 views)
Old 26 January 2016, 01:16   #26
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

It's perfecty normal that it doesn't work. You forgot to set the right track write length in your Winuae config file!

$317C is for a regular amiga disk, which has a track length of $1600, Troddlers has $1800 per track lol !

You need to edit the configuration file you use in winuae in order to make winuae able to write the right length.

insert :

floppy_write_length=0x3390

in your winuae config file (it makes bigger ADF extended, but at least it works !)
Old 26 January 2016, 04:16   #27
Sandro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
It's perfecty normal that it doesn't work. You forgot to set the right track write length in your Winuae config file!

$317C is for a regular amiga disk, which has a track length of $1600, Troddlers has $1800 per track lol !

You need to edit the configuration file you use in winuae in order to make winuae able to write the right length.

insert :

in your winuae config file (it makes bigger ADF extended, but at least it works !)

I just tried this and it doesn't work neither
you guys are trolling
Old 26 January 2016, 08:13   #28
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

No they're not, it works perfectly fine.

I have zoned the extended adf I just made from Barrys PowerCopy files.
Old 26 January 2016, 11:59   #29
Sandro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroplay View Post
No they're not, it works perfectly fine.

I have zoned the extended adf I just made from Barrys PowerCopy files.
yes your disk image is working, I don't understand what you did because all the disk images I created not worked

ediit: post the winuae config you used to make this image, I want to try it again

Last edited by Sandro; 26 January 2016 at 12:16.
Old 26 January 2016, 12:35   #30
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

All I did was edit my winuae config (use A1200 quickstart, then save to make config file) like dlfrsilver said:

Quote:

insert :

However I was under the impression you wanted to run this game on real Amiga.

If that's the case, you must write the PowerCopy files back to floppy on a real Amiga, you can't write an extended adf back to floppy.
Old 26 January 2016, 14:17   #31
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

The problem I have with the instructions is:

Quote:
insert :

When does it make a bigger custom adf, when the custom adf is created or when the files are written back to disk?

All the custom adf's I make or write to are 2.00mb, yours is 2.09mb.

Where in the config do you insert the line,

Quote:
Old 26 January 2016, 14:38   #32
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

It'll "grow" when you write the files in PowerCopy.

I added it right above the floppy settings in my config but I don't think it matters where you put it.
Code:
floppy_volume=33
floppy0=
floppy1=
floppy1type=-1
floppy2=
floppy3=
Old 26 January 2016, 15:00   #33
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Quote:
I just tried this and it doesn't work neither
you guys are trolling
i guess you're the troll in this story.

I have explained in details to guys (BarryB, Retroplay, Boo Boo) just to name a few HOW to make powercopy images of games with only MFM protections, and not too long tracks.

The fact is that you didn't followed my instructions, and then you come complaining that it's not working (aka you don't understand what to do).

you're not really serious !
Old 26 January 2016, 15:51   #34
Sandro
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroplay View Post
All I did was edit my winuae config (use A1200 quickstart, then save to make config file) like dlfrsilver said:

However I was under the impression you wanted to run this game on real Amiga.

If that's the case, you must write the PowerCopy files back to floppy on a real Amiga, you can't write an extended adf back to floppy.
but plz post your config I want to check something, because adding such line not worked here
Old 26 January 2016, 16:02   #35
Sandro
Banned

Quote:
i guess you're the troll in this story.

I have explained in details to guys (BarryB, Retroplay, Boo Boo) just to name a few HOW to make powercopy images of games with only MFM protections, and not too long tracks.

The fact is that you didn't followed my instructions, and then you come complaining that it's not working (aka you don't understand what to do).

you're not really serious !
fact is I followed the instructions and image not worked

the first image I did is 2.104 982 bytes
the 2nd one using your trick is 2 193 204 bytes

none of them worked
I don't know how was done the extended adf uploaded by retroplay
so explain why fails here
Old 26 January 2016, 18:27   #36
BarryB
Amigaholic

My working eADF is 2,104,892 bytes! But, I don't have any floppy_write_length= statement in the config I use for loading my Workbench setup?
Old 26 January 2016, 18:47   #37
Sandro
Banned

btw, anyone tested it on a real amiga? specially on the A1200 ?

I'm too lazy to transfer files+ make a powercopy disk etc to my A1200 unless I know this works for sure
Old 26 January 2016, 19:14   #38
Superman

Quote:

I'm too lazy to transfer files+ make a powercopy disk etc to my A1200 unless I know this works for sure
Yes I was able to copy Barrys powercopy files to a single floppy and it boots fine on my A1200.
Old 26 January 2016, 19:16   #39
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Quote:

Yes, myself, i have personally tested if the game could be copied BEFORE proposing the game as a powercopy image on my own A1200, writing the game on a fresh disk.

Check what you're doing, something is wrong somewhere.
Old 26 January 2016, 19:27   #40
Arnie
R.I.P Smudge 18-08-16

I can't get it to work either, the custom adf is still 2mb and it hangs at track 43.

I'll keep trying though, things usually click into place and besides, Retroplay already uploaded a working version, so it's something to aim for.

Isn't the game slow to load though. I almost gave up on it loading, then track counter would start moving a couple of times then stop again! There's no music or sound while it's loading either.

EDIT: Sorted the Custon adf, it now reads 2.09mb, but it still hangs on track 43??

Last edited by Arnie; 26 January 2016 at 19:53.