English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware mods

Old 29 September 2017, 19:24   #21
pandy71

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolla View Post
Would be great to use the floppy port.
Floppy port can be used on two way (serial for data and GPIO - 8 bit to arrange HW data flow) to improve functionality further...
Old 19 October 2017, 13:58   #22
Genlock
Out to Grass

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy71 View Post
Floppy port can be used on two way (serial for data and GPIO - 8 bit to arrange HW data flow) to improve functionality further...
Hi Pandy have you any links to show how this is done .

cheers
Old 19 October 2017, 15:25   #23
pandy71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genlock View Post
Hi Pandy have you any links to show how this is done .
Look at the Amiga schematic - port B of the EVEN CIA is dedicated to provide floppy subsystem control - this is 8 bit bidirectional data, additionally F is connected to INDEX.
http://amigadev.elowar.com/read/ADCD.../node012E.html .
Same EVEN CIA have unused serial port which can be used as primitive SPI (it is wired to Parallel port).

But i still opting for dedicated RPi interface perhaps even with DMA - RPi can be used as accelerated graphic card (2D and 3D, Amiga video can be combined digitally trough RPi camera interface so at the same time it can be also flicker fixer), audio card, perhaps coprocessor (at least for video, audio, Ethernet).
Old 27 October 2017, 05:46   #24
BadHatGamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy71 View Post
But i still opting for dedicated RPi interface perhaps even with DMA - RPi can be used as accelerated graphic card (2D and 3D, Amiga video can be combined digitally trough RPi camera interface so at the same time it can be also flicker fixer), audio card, perhaps coprocessor (at least for video, audio, Ethernet).
Stop it, you're getting me all excited!

All I can do is drool over this idea, and vigilantly wipe up my saliva until someone makes it possible. Next gen overkill A500 via RPi mounted internally? "Shut up and take my money" hardly does it justice.

More like: "You WILL be silent, you WILL take a bunch of my money and god dammit, you WILL like it!"

RPi would be perfect for this.

Last edited by BadHatGamer; 27 October 2017 at 06:04.
Old 27 October 2017, 11:56   #25
kolla
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHatGamer View Post
It is

I just ordered another bunch of pi zeros and the PI 1 MODEL A+ that I didn't even know about. Yes, in theory there is a whole range of things one could use them for, for me though, the main issue is clearly networking. When I have some time, I will try to configure rdesktop server on the Pi, and see if I can use rdesktop client on the Amiga to bring up for example browser from the Pi
Old 28 October 2017, 11:50   #26
pandy71

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadHatGamer View Post
It will be - you can't find anything with 4 core CPU, over 1GHz clocked with 1GB of RAM, fully programmable modern, 3D capable GPU for less than 35$.
With relatively simple glue logic and PCB should be capable to be fastest and most complete Amiga accelerator with overall cost well bellow 75$.
Old 29 October 2017, 11:05   #27
kolla
Banned

Using Pi for CPU emulation is a whole different adventure, which MikeJ of FPGA Arcade is into
Old 12 November 2018, 21:56   #28
daxb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locutus View Post
Yes this works and already exists: https://github.com/tenox7/wrp
I just had a look at wrp. Is that really that easy or I don't understand it? Amiga and RPi connected to LAN. Config and run wrp on the RPi. Set IP of RPi in IBrowse Proxy and port from wrp. Is that the way to go?