English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.ClassicWB

Old 30 January 2010, 00:33   #21
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwych View Post
LOL! Should have left you to it Steve. But I just happened to be passing by.....
great minds thinking alike

Or maybe I am finally getting the hang of this stuff!
Old 30 January 2010, 00:34   #22
Lorfarius

Thanks Bloodwych I will probably do a vid on CWB at some point when it's all up and running correctly

No need to worry on the CF card front I managed to find a nifty install prgram on the boot disk and its all sorted now.

Oh one more question Is there a way to turn the clicking Floppy Disk drive off in CWB? Or do I need an application for it?
Old 30 January 2010, 00:37   #23
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorfarius View Post
Is there a way to turn the clicking Floppy Disk drive off in CWB? Or do I need an application for it?
http://aminet.net/search?query=noclick
Old 30 January 2010, 00:45   #24
Bloodwych

A new vid would be nice, once you get up to speed. That install program will have just added or moved the files already included to the drawer we mentioned above for your CFD.

As for drive clicking, Prowler has linked a program, but there should be no need. "Anticlick" is an even smaller executable and is enabled by default. Look under that topmenu bar Tools->Anticlick or under settings and double check it's enabled.

If it is, you may have a drive that doesn't work with Anticlick programs. I think your A1200 was one of the newer ones with PC converted drives. That might be the problem. Others have reported issues with anticlick programs not working in the past with certain A1200's. If you are trying other Anticlick programs, disable the built-in one first under the above mentioned menus/settings.

If you manage to find one that works, let me know and I'll include it in the packs as an alternative to "Anticlick". I know Anticlick works on my A1200, but it's one of the older first release Commodore models.

Last edited by Bloodwych; 30 January 2010 at 00:51.
Old 30 January 2010, 00:49   #25
prowler
Global Moderator

Thanks for clarifying the ClassicWB anti-click strategy, Bloodwych!
Old 30 January 2010, 00:51   #26
Bloodwych

It's ok Prowler - just hope we can find one that works when the included one fails. Perhaps noclick will do just that.
Old 30 January 2010, 00:53   #27
Lorfarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwych View Post

If it is, you may have a drive that doesn't work with Anticlick programs. I think your A1200 was one of the newer ones with PC converted drives. That might be the problem. Others have reported issues with anticlick programs not working in the past with certain A1200's. If you are trying other Anticlick programs, disable the built-in one first under the above mentioned menus/settings.

If you manage to find one that works, let me know and I'll include it in the packs as an alternative to "Anticlick". I know Anticlick works on my A1200, but it's one of the older first release Commodore models.
Looks like it wont work Anticlick doesn't and I've tried all of the click programs on prowlers link. Not all bad I'll just have to leave a blank floppy in all the time just like the good ole days
Old 30 January 2010, 01:01   #28
Bloodwych

Hmmm. Strange isn't it that no one has come up with an Anticlick that works with these newer drives.

Perhaps you can dismount DF0: and it will stop clicking?

Had a search, try this: http://aminet.net/search?query=disdf

Not sure how safe it is though - trackdisk is quite a low level driver!
Old 30 January 2010, 01:10   #29
prowler
Global Moderator

Hmm... My preference is for drive clicking to be audible, so I never realized that the modified floppy drive interface of the newer AT1200s could be a problem, although I have both types of A1200.
Old 30 January 2010, 15:59   #30
Lorfarius

Rather than create another thread thought I'd throw the question in here. How do I go about formatting a CF card in the PCMCIA slot from the Amiga? Everytime I try it by right clicking it comes up with an error message about not being able to format over a 52MB partition and having to use a Fast File system setting. Can't see that option anywhere on the format box.

Last edited by Lorfarius; 30 January 2010 at 16:07.
Old 30 January 2010, 16:19   #31
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Quote:
Rather than create another thread thought I'd throw the question in here. How do I go about formatting a CF card in the PCMCIA slot from the Amiga? Everytime I try it by right clicking it comes up with an error message about not being able to format over a 52MB partition and having to use a Fast File system setting. Can't see that option anywhere on the format box.
Just format it as FAT is windows. If you want to format it for use as an Amiga FFS drive youd need to connectit by your CF-IDE and use HDTolbox off of the 3.1 install disk to set it up.
Old 30 January 2010, 16:42   #32
Lorfarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
Just format it as FAT is windows. If you want to format it for use as an Amiga FFS drive youd need to connectit by your CF-IDE and use HDTolbox off of the 3.1 install disk to set it up.
I tried formatting with a 2GB stick as FAT but Dopus can't seem to see it. Want to use it to transfer tons of files over.
Old 30 January 2010, 16:53   #33
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Quote:
I tried formatting with a 2GB stick as FAT but Dopus can't seem to see it. Want to use it to transfer tons of files over.
I have some CF cards that don't work in the Amiga, what brand is it?

I have a Transcend and Verbatim, both are 2gb both don't work at all
Old 30 January 2010, 16:57   #34
Lorfarius

Quote:
I have some CF cards that don't work in the Amiga, what brand is it?

I have a Transcend and Verbatim, both are 2gb both don't work at all
After a bit of fiddling the card seems to work. I've copied a load of KGWHDLoad zip files onto it but I'm not sure how to unzip all of them onto the HD. I can only seem to select 1 zip file at a time (not like the shift and arrow key to select multiples on Windows). Is there a way to effectively select all and then unzip to the correct partition? The ZIP program I'm using is the included MiraWizARC.
Old 30 January 2010, 17:15   #35
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Quote:
After a bit of fiddling the card seems to work. I've copied a load of KGWHDLoad zip files onto it but I'm not sure how to unzip all of them onto the HD. I can only seem to select 1 zip file at a time (not like the shift and arrow key to select multiples on Windows). Is there a way to effectively select all and then unzip to the correct partition? The ZIP program I'm using is the included MiraWizARC.
Open Dopus, in the left pane select the files you want to unzip (all the 'A's for example then in the right pane navigate to the Games 'A' folder. Then use the arc extract option in Dopus beware it will take some time, go make a nice cup of tea...

Took me 3 hrs to do 1gb of games yeserday and they were already unzipped (this was also in winuae with my CF connected by USB)
Old 30 January 2010, 17:16   #36
Lorfarius

Quote:
Open dopus, in the left pane select the files you want to unzip (all the 'A's for example then in the right pan navigate to he 'A' folder. Then use the arc extract option in Dopus beware it will take some time, go make a nice cup of tea...
Problem is that Dopus won't see the CF0 drive. It's fine from Workbench just not in that program
Old 30 January 2010, 17:22   #37
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Quote:
Problem is that Dopus won't see the CF0 drive. It's fine from Workbench just not in that program
You need enter the exact name of the drive in Dopus i.e AF01-A11L: or just rename it in workbench to CF and type CF: in Dopus
Old 30 January 2010, 17:26   #38
Lorfarius

Bingo. Cheers steve you should open a helpline
Old 30 January 2010, 17:27   #39
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Quote:
Bingo. Cheers steve you should open a helpline
No worries, you can also click 'Volumes' and navigate to the CF drive.
Old 30 January 2010, 19:25   #40
Bloodwych

Quote:
You need enter the exact name of the drive in Dopus i.e AF01-A11L: or just rename it in workbench to CF and type CF: in Dopus
You can also hit the right mouse button on the "Root" button in Dopus and it will list all the drives mounted. One of those little "B R S A" buttons centre screen does the same thing too.

Also, isn't the device mounted as CF0:, but with a formatted name? Like hard drives where you have DH0: and System.

Not that it matters, just being anal.