English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 31 October 2016, 21:42   #21
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
He he, I also do not know. I would probably appreciate a little push (not the walkthrough or clear advice!). I have a rubber glove and a red ball, still do not know where to use it. I used that old shoe and I know what to use from a Doctor, but still do not know how to get it from him

EDIT: got it

Last edited by Predseda; 31 October 2016 at 21:48.
Old 31 October 2016, 21:48   #22
BarryB
Amigaholic

@DamienD: The game will fit on 1 Disk! I've Zoned a 1 disk version made from your 2 disks, seems to run on a basic 2mb A1200 in WinUAE, any issues let's be knowing about them!!
Old 31 October 2016, 21:57   #23
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
@DamienD: The game will fit on 1 Disk! I've Zoned a 1 disk version made from your 2 disks, seems to run on a basic 2mb A1200 in WinUAE, any issues let's be knowing about them!!
What??? How???

I followed the instructions in the "Disk_list" file contained within the "Escape.lha" archive...

Also, here's the space left on each disk after following the above:

Anyway; if somehow you've managed to get this onto one disk by using packers / compressors / crunchers then all good

I'm just surprised, that's all
Old 31 October 2016, 22:14   #24
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

Here is the things i have figured out so far...

In your cell: Take choccy buttons from top drawer
In your cell: Take book from bottom drawer
Dining Hall: Click on the tea turn. Be quick to take the pepper on table.
Coats & Wellies room: Give inmate a choccy button, now he will say "you can take everything you want". Take his Broom. Give him another choccy button. Now take the coat hanger.
Garden: Take box. Use box infront nest. Take watering can. Open shed and you get the screwdriver and garden line.
Doctor room: Click on his pen holder on the table. Be quick and take the laxative.
Cell 7: Take slipper
Cell 5: Use broom on card in bird cage
Cell 4: Take forks

Back in the garden: Search shed again and you get the oil
Cell 6: Use oil on pulling bar. Now you get the key. The key can be used to open the middle drawer in your cell. In this drawer there is another key (to the store).

Now give me something

Last edited by hipoonios; 31 October 2016 at 22:22.
Old 31 October 2016, 22:14   #25
DamienD
Banned

Just analysed your disk BarryB

...so you used "Crunch-Mania V1.7" to compress everything; never used that before...

Wow, that's very cool that it can handle exe + all other types of files without issue
Old 31 October 2016, 22:22   #26
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Dining hall: use pepper on stove, you have a glove if you are quick
Recreation room: use flipper to obtain the red ball
Cell 1: use slipper
Dining room: use laxative to a dinner -> free access to cell 1 since

I just can NOT use the box in front of the nest (??)
Also the broom doesnt fit to the cage with the card for me. The card has fallen down. DAMN!

Last edited by Predseda; 31 October 2016 at 22:32.
Old 31 October 2016, 22:37   #27
BarryB
Amigaholic

@DamienD: I've also used PowerPacker on the docs and Titanics Cruncher on the EXE

Mostly, the cruchmania run time data decruncher works without issue, but some games just don't work when the data is compressed! Escape seems to run OK with the data compressed, the EXE decrunches while loading so doesn't use anywhere near as much memory for decrunching as normal crunchers would need so I used that as there was ample space on the disk.
Old 31 October 2016, 23:17   #28
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Oh my God! How can I guess it is possible to use the box on NOTHING?! Now I have the egg.
Old 31 October 2016, 23:43   #29
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Mostly, the cruchmania run time data decruncher works without issue, but some games just don't work when the data is compressed! Escape seems to run OK with the data compressed, the EXE decrunches while loading so doesn't use anywhere near as much memory for decrunching as normal crunchers would need so I used that as there was ample space on the disk.
@BarryB; there's another game that I'd like to get down to one disk so tried:

a) "CrunchyDAT" on the exe file (which has always worked for me e.g. "Moon Child" and others).
b) "Crunch-Mania" on all other data files.

...but no good

Guess it's trial-and-error at the end of the day when it comes to crunching data file.

Last edited by DamienD; 01 November 2016 at 00:03.
Old 01 November 2016, 00:37   #30
BarryB
Amigaholic

Which game are you trying to 1 Disk?
Old 01 November 2016, 10:03   #31
DamienD
Banned

I'll PM you, it's a secret
Old 01 November 2016, 12:58   #32
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
I'll PM you, it's a secret
I'm letting the cat out of the bag. It's 'Beneath a Steel Sky'. Good luck with that Damien.
Old 01 November 2016, 13:30   #33
BarryB
Amigaholic

If you've got an LS120/ZIP drive it will probably fit on 1 disk though
Old 02 November 2016, 00:42   #34
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predseda View Post
Dining hall: use pepper on stove, you have a glove if you are quick
Recreation room: use flipper to obtain the red ball
Cell 1: use slipper
Dining room: use laxative to a dinner -> free access to cell 1 since

I just can NOT use the box in front of the nest (??)
Also the broom doesnt fit to the cage with the card for me. The card has fallen down. DAMN!
Have you had any luck getting the playing card from the bottom of the cage? How do you use the laxative in the dining room exactly? Use flipper on red ball?? What flipper?
Old 02 November 2016, 08:12   #35
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Okay. So cards on the table:

No, I still had no luck with the playing card that dwells at the bottom of the cage. I am waiting if hipoonios could explain this. Also when I try to search the shed again, I do not find an oil.

I used the laxative to the meal before I send it to Mr. Big via the elevator. I think the toilet in his room must be stuffed with the old slipper before.

In the recreation room there is a flipper (a pinball machine). When trying to play on it, it tilts with the strange sound for a while. This sound attracts pool players attention for a short time and in meanwhile you can steal one of the balls off the pool table.
Old 02 November 2016, 17:29   #36
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

I have also trouble getting the playing card from the cage. I first thought, using the broom was a part of the solution. After the card has falling down you must do something else. But not sure.

For the OIL.... this is a weird one... I started over again just to check some things. Now I could not get the oil either. But I found out after some time. First go to cell 6 and use the pulling bar on the wall three times. After you have failed, go to the shed in garden. This time you will find the oil.

I have been busy with other things, so have not find out anything more yet. I still have trouble getting that red ball! Tried more than 100 times now!

Last edited by hipoonios; 02 November 2016 at 18:00.
Old 02 November 2016, 20:06   #37
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Whaaat! Three times... I only did that two times before! How the hell someone can guess this when there is NO indication!

Okay, now I have to deal with the guard in the store room... Thank you.

BTW: what is the 2nd red can next to the Laxative in 5. and 6. screenshot you posted? A poison?

Last edited by Predseda; 02 November 2016 at 21:37.
Old 03 November 2016, 00:39   #38
Steve
I Identify as an Ewok

OK, I managed to get the Oil, the ball off the pool table and the key. I actually got the pool ball on the first attempt. God knows what its used for though. Where is this store room? I tried Mr Big's prisoner number on the safe in his cell but it didn't work unfortunately. Some of the puzzles are a little bit daft, but I guess that is to be expected. I would never have guessed that I need to take a ball off the pool table and that the pulling bar has to be used three times. Still, it's holding an interest.
Old 03 November 2016, 08:19   #39
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

This game drives me crazy. But on the other hand - it even makes me creative. It forced me to develop a simple picture decruncher to unpack the game graphics and check if there is not anything suspicious that would be worth trying. What I found - it IS possible to get to cell 2 and the hospital ward (somehow) and Cues are the part of background graphics, so probably can not be collected (I have though I could use a Cue to the bird cage). On the other hand - I am still helpless and stuck like I was before

Store room is in the short corridor in the far right corner of the main hall, upstairs.
I also though that 54219 could be the safe combination, and probably is, but how to handle it with L / R buttons?
Old 03 November 2016, 20:38   #40
hipoonios
Amiga Hardcore Gamer

I give up! I can still not get the ball from the pool table! After I have tilted the pinball machine i can not move before it stops?

For the safe combination. I found it in the main executable. Not sure how you are supposed to get this code? Maybe later in the game.

https://s21.postimg.org/4a75zaepz/safe.png

L1R9L8R9L7

Last edited by hipoonios; 03 November 2016 at 20:45.