English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 16 June 2009, 17:06   #21
john4p
Competition Moderator

It's about as good as a PSP for emulation, meaning you'll need frameskip for many SNES-titles which isn't fun.

Still the Dingoo has its small size going for it. And 8bit-systems and the Sega Genesis-emulator should work fullspeed.
Old 16 June 2009, 17:09   #22
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

dealextreme.com are out of stock?
Old 16 June 2009, 17:31   #23
frikilokooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilalurl View Post
Don't bother with the ThinkGeek 'Pocket Retro Game Emulator' version.
It is just a rebranded Dingoo A320.
Look for that online (ebay, importers etc...) and you should find it available without trouble and cheaper.

There is probably one or more Spanish dedicated forums with good addresses to order it from (at least I have found some addresses in France by checking some French forums for more details).
Thanks!,buyed one on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.es/Consola-Portatil-...3A1%7C294%3A50
Old 16 June 2009, 21:59   #24
Paul_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
The wii has the potential to steal that crown.
The Wii Prototype that I put on eBay just over a year ago wins

http://nintendo.joystiq.com/2007/12/...disappointing/

eBay said my auction was spam though.. only made 1p.

full spec... http://wii.nintendolife.com/news/200...unsold_on_ebay
Old 16 June 2009, 23:16   #25
Anemos
70X7

i have the white Dingoo,is very cool,very light and good quality for this less price.
I love it..
Old 17 June 2009, 02:09   #26
Photon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
I dunno if I'd noticed the PSP D-pad was poor. Possibly because most emulators support the Analog stick as the D-Pad? Possibly because it doesn't bother me.
Well, I tried a PSP and a GP2x and decided the GP2x was better for emus, even though GP2x could have had a normal +.

That was years ago tho, and even if I enjoy my GP2x there's the Wiz and this (Retro something, the goddamn thing needs a name) and Pandora (whenever they feel like making a couple more of them suckers so people can buy them).

'It runs emus'. lol. specs and emu dev status please. Either the PSP devs are flocking to this thing, or it's 100% PSP compatible, or it's starting at square one.
Old 17 June 2009, 06:05   #27
FrenchShark
FPGAmiga rulez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john4p View Post
It's about as good as a PSP for emulation, meaning you'll need frameskip for many SNES-titles which isn't fun.

Still the Dingoo has its small size going for it. And 8bit-systems and the Sega Genesis-emulator should work fullspeed.
What kind of CPU is inside ? An ARM like the i.M.X ?
I need to get one just to see how I can squeeze my "MCC" board into it.
(see : http://www.arcaderetrogaming.com/2.html )

Regards,

Frederic
Old 17 June 2009, 07:33   #28
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Its called a dingoo A320, there isnt that much development on it yet. The included emulators are from dingoo themselves. Although there is some homebrew on it most of it is on hold until the linux port becomes public. You can get homebrew that is currently available from here: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/dingoo.cgi

It doesnt have an arm processor but a 400 MHz Ingenic JZ4732 (MIPS architecture).
Old 17 June 2009, 09:49   #29
Anemos
70X7

here some specs
Quote:
* The A320 is a cool little mini open handheld which is especially good for emulating classic systems such as GBA, NES, Neo-Geo, CPS, and Sega
* It can be thought of as a faster, smaller GP2X
* We are working on getting MAME, Amiga and Atari
* Ingenic 430MHz MIPS CPU
* 32MB RAM
* 4GB internal SD
* Supports extra SD/SDHC up to 16GB
* Open source/SDK available
* Digital pad, 2 shoulder, 4 face, start, and select
* Li-ion battery giving 7 hours (included)

Rechargeable battery
- Gameboy Micro form factor
- Lightweight
- Bright and high contrast LCD screen
- Plays MP4 files including AVI, RM, RMVB and more
- Plays MP3 files including MP3, FLAC, and more
- Built-in 4GB flash memory storage, built-in mini-SD slot supports up to 8GB SDHC mini-sd card memory expansion (that's 12GB total!)
- Cool Text-to-speech ebook reader
- Upgradeable system and emulator firmware
- Langauges: English, Chinese Simplified and Chinese Traditional
Manufacturer's product descriptions:
- Outlook: premium design fashionable, slim and portable size with comfortable hand grip.
- Display: 16,000,000 color 2.8-inch LTPS-TFT true color high-definition screen , broadcast effect 320 - 240, the true and clear picture quality, unique DVD Optimization technology
- Games: play games in (8 bit/16bit/32bit) 3D/CPS2/CPS1/GBA/MVS/NEOGEO/NES/SFC/SMD formats
- AV-out: AV-out technology gives DVD output quality, can be a portable DVD player and game console.
- Video player: Video function supports in various format such as RMVB, RM, AVI, WMV, FLV, MPEG, DAT, MP4, ASF and help users encold video files in an easy and convenient way.
- MP3 player: Audio function supports MP3,WMA APE, FLAC audio format, synchronous lyrics display function, multiple EQ options,3D virtual sound field, surround sound effect and play mode options. Music can keep playing while using other application.
- FM radio: Wide channel range from 76.0MHz~108.0MHz, support manual/auto channel scanning, FM recording and can keep playing while using other application. User can save up to 40 channels.
- Digital recorder: Voice recording and supports MP3/WAV formats.
- Image Browser: Image browsing format includes JPG, BMP GIF, PNG, with zoom, rotate and image slide show function.
- E-book: Feather function includes bookmark, auto browsing, font sizing, TTS oral reading and can open with music player application.
- U-disk virus protection: Build in anti-virus software protect and keep the system at its best performance.
- USB 2.0 Transmission Interface: Support WIN2000/XP/VISTA/MAC Operation System.
- Capacity: 4GB memory, supports inserted MINI SD card to expand capacity.
- Battery: rechargeable lithium battery built-in, rechargeable by USB port or by the included USB AC charger
Package Include:
- Dingoo A320 x 1
- English and Chinese Manual each x 1
- USB AC Charger x 1
- Stereo earphones x 1
- AV Out Cable x 1
Old 17 June 2009, 10:47   #30
frikilokooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_hairy_bootson View Post
Its called a dingoo A320, there isnt that much development on it yet. The included emulators are from dingoo themselves. Although there is some homebrew on it most of it is on hold until the linux port becomes public. You can get homebrew that is currently available from here: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/dingoo.cgi

It doesnt have an arm processor but a 400 MHz Ingenic JZ4732 (MIPS architecture).
So emulators in that site:Neo Geo pocket,Scummvm,Master System and Game Gear do not work until the linux port?
Old 17 June 2009, 12:52   #31
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Some of them work on original firmware, some only on linux. tbh I haven't really looked into them myself yet as I am not expecting that much from them until linux is ported. They generally tell you in the archive description for each emulator if linux is required.
Old 17 June 2009, 16:17   #32
1200xl

Quote:
Originally Posted by seuden View Post
I can't see the Wii ever being able to exceed the capabilities of the Xbox by much. The hardware is very similar afaik so it won't be able to emulate newer machines than the Xbox can (maybe the Saturn) and I can't ever see it being able to playback hd either. I hope I'm wrong, it'll be nice to mod my Wii in the same way I have my Xbox. If someone or a team of people manage to mod the 360 or PS3 so we can gain full control of the systems hardware then we'll definitely have something awesome on our hands.

EDIT: On topic, that handheld system looks nice. Especially for the price.
Beta testing an Atari 7800 emulator on the Wii at the moment, and that has light gun emulation using the wiimote, excellent stuff for LCD/Plasma tv users, I don't think it will replace my trusty xbox though, emulation at 1080p is great.

As for this new hand held, I am tempted, but will wait until it is a bit more "open" so I can use some emulators that actually interest me
Old 17 June 2009, 16:30   #33
seuden
uber cool demi god

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200xl View Post
Beta testing an Atari 7800 emulator on the Wii at the moment, and that has light gun emulation using the wiimote, excellent stuff for LCD/Plasma tv users
That sounds cool. Does an Atari 7800 emulator for the Xbox able use of the Xbox guns?
Old 18 June 2009, 00:26   #34
1200xl

Quote:
Originally Posted by seuden View Post
That sounds cool. Does an Atari 7800 emulator for the Xbox able use of the Xbox guns?
Yes if you have the latest madmab updates to the xport emulators, he has done the Atari xl/5200 one as well
Old 18 June 2009, 12:12   #35
seuden
uber cool demi god

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200xl View Post
Yes if you have the latest madmab updates to the xport emulators, he has done the Atari xl/5200 one as well
Ah cool, I knew some others had but not the Atari. Thanks for the info.
Old 18 June 2009, 15:09   #36
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Now if only I had some xbox light guns...
Old 18 June 2009, 15:16   #37
seuden
uber cool demi god

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergorilla View Post
Now if only I had some xbox light guns...
Lol, I did have some free light guns but they were shite.
Old 18 June 2009, 23:36   #38
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Curious to know if the xbox light guns work on plasma/lcd tvs. Would kickarse for mame.
Old 18 June 2009, 23:39   #39
seuden
uber cool demi god

They don't, sorry THB.
Old 02 July 2009, 10:36   #40
frikilokooo

I already have a dingoo console for several days ago.The Neo Geo and CP1/CP2 emulation is AWESOME!better than I expected

The SNES emulation is also good but the frame rate a bit lower than Neo Geo and CP1/CP2,anyway completely playable.There are some games that do not work.

The NES emulation is perfect,full frame rate,it's great to be able to play Super Mario Bros

The GBA emulation is as good as or SNES emulation or even superior!,shame that GTA does not work,perhaps using a different rom version works...anyway great to play Winning Eleven or Dragon Ball game.It seems that there are some games that do not work,Not sure yet.

The Megadrive emulation is the worst by far,many games suffered a blur defect when there is movement,it's not important but annoying.The emulator is the slower one but perfectly playable.Anyway depends on each game,for instance Golden Axe 2 is fast and without blur defectThere are some games that do not work.

Best of all is that the same day I received the console I already played all the emulators.I guess that the WIZ console requires complex tutorials to install emulators,that is what I wanted to avoid.What I only ask for the future is a new Megadrive emulator version without blur defect and MAME emulator