English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 15 November 2006, 22:08   #21
jotd
This cat is no more

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmuChicken
Looking better and better... keep it advancing!

Few annoyances though

- computer cars dont act as they do in sc2 - they seem to warp infront completely once they die etc...
- when you collide with another car, you just get bashed back... effect is too harsh
- when you / computer respawns - they usually kill other cars that they spawn over
- missiles start too slow (go behind the car too much)
- beatle car gets stuck on the corners at times - too long of a car

.. still - keep it coming! :-D
ps- you're not going to use my car sprite I sent ya?
Yes, I fully agree with all the bugs. Especially the collision, respawn, missile and beetle car (best car is Audi anyway).

I'll use your sprite car (it is excellent) but can you do me a favor and provide me a model in green color (I was unable to find the texture color change in 3DMax, I did it once but now I forgot) ? Because I use green render and hack the colors afterwards (or explain how to do it in 3DSMax)
Old 15 November 2006, 22:12   #22
jotd
This cat is no more

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarEye
I still miss powersliding, and the VW New Beetle is way to large compared to the other cars. But it's getting better, although it'll be sad that I won't be able to play this on my miggy.

Oh, and are you not going to add communication screens at all? Cause that's one of my favourite aspects of SC2 (aside from the actual racing, that is).
Powersliding will be added when I find some hours in a row to fully rework car behaviour.
Yes, on the miggy you'll have to stick to SC2 (which is excellent albeit a bit jerky)

About communication screens, yes, I could add them. Using freeze feature of WinUAE could allow me to find all correct answers (although for some sections I'm not sure of what to reply and there are delayed wrong answers so that's not that easy to faithfully reproduce them)

BTW ever heard of "Supercars International" ? I just found it on the web. Check it out (only for DOS, and not available for sale )

http://www.mobygames.com/game/supercars-international
Old 15 November 2006, 22:19   #23
DamienD
Banned

I still need to try your Super Cars 3 jotd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd
BTW ever heard of "Supercars International" ? I just found it on the web. Check it out (only for DOS, and not available for sale )

http://www.mobygames.com/game/supercars-international
Wow, never heard of this either. Looks cool too...

You say it's not available for sale though

Thought I might as well do a quick search in eMule... but nothing
Old 15 November 2006, 23:04   #24
Photon

Man, this makes me want to code a real Amiga game ... damn u hehe !
Old 16 November 2006, 00:46   #25
StarEye
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd
About communication screens, yes, I could add them. Using freeze feature of WinUAE could allow me to find all correct answers (although for some sections I'm not sure of what to reply and there are delayed wrong answers so that's not that easy to faithfully reproduce them)
Would it be easier if you just created your own questions and answers? You could have the EAB forumites help you out by suggesting the question and the alternatives? And you could sneak in some amiga-quiz questions, just for fun.
Old 16 November 2006, 06:57   #26
EmuChicken

damn, if anyone has that supercars international , upload it!

Ive got a feeling its not going to be a complete package like the first or second though

jotd- I'll check the green car out , give me a few minutes and I'll er, up it to the zone or something
Old 16 November 2006, 08:19   #27
jotd
This cat is no more

Quote:
damn, if anyone has that supercars international , upload it!

Ive got a feeling its not going to be a complete package like the first or second though

jotd- I'll check the green car out , give me a few minutes and I'll er, up it to the zone or something
Ok, downloaded your 2 rar files. Thanks a lot!

I'm glad that this Supercars discussion is taking off at least
Old 16 November 2006, 08:54   #28
EmuChicken

no problems, just make sure you credit me when due ;-)

anyways Im off to buy a microphone! - even if its crappy one I dont give a damn :-P - after I make a recording of this blue hearts cd! :-)
Old 16 November 2006, 18:50   #29
jotd
This cat is no more

Quote:
no problems, just make sure you credit me when due ;-)

anyways Im off to buy a microphone! - even if its crappy one I dont give a damn :-P - after I make a recording of this blue hearts cd! :-)
Ok, I made some renders this afternoon. It's really impressive with your new car. Check by yourself.

Thanks a lot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	view_0.png
Views:	282
Size:	131.5 KB
ID:	12489  
Old 16 November 2006, 18:52   #30
jotd
This cat is no more

Quote:
Would it be easier if you just created your own questions and answers? You could have the EAB forumites help you out by suggesting the question and the alternatives? And you could sneak in some amiga-quiz questions, just for fun.
I'd like to stick to the original game first, but once I've figured out an easy configurable system for the quiz, the sky is the limit for the comm screens.

I can always ask for help in EAB when I'm not sure of the answers to the questions.
Old 17 November 2006, 01:49   #31
StarEye
Zone Friend

So you're actually making a remake, not a sequel? Wouldn't Super Cars 2 Deluxe or something be a more fitting name? That's just pedantics of course. Also, you've already added more cars, which basically is expanding the game already, and am I mistaken if you're going to add new tracks, as well as a track editor?
Old 17 November 2006, 06:12   #32
EmuChicken

looks alreet eh? - I think maybe the car colours needs to be toned down a little- its like the colour levels have been turned up to crazy levels :-) but otherwise it looks pretty much like the original lol
Old 17 November 2006, 06:46   #33
jotd
This cat is no more

Quote:
So you're actually making a remake, not a sequel? Wouldn't Super Cars 2 Deluxe or something be a more fitting name? That's just pedantics of course. Also, you've already added more cars, which basically is expanding the game already, and am I mistaken if you're going to add new tracks, as well as a track editor?
The remake also includes circuits from Supercars 1. Yes, SC2 Deluxe would be a good name, although when they did their last opus MF used "Supercars International".

BTW I would not be against other contributions (having the original car as a 3D model was excellent):

- german/spanish/italian translation of the game strings
- rework of some graphic screens (I just doubled pixel size from 320x240 -> 640x480 and it would need more polishing)
Old 17 November 2006, 08:10   #34
EmuChicken

jotd- its always possible to use 320x > 640x resolution, and then throwing 2hqx or scale2x onto it to smooth around the graphics
Old 18 November 2006, 17:58   #35
jotd
This cat is no more

Quote:
jotd- its always possible to use 320x > 640x resolution, and then throwing 2hqx or scale2x onto it to smooth around the graphics
you're right, I used it on some screens, but sometimes you have to do it by hand
Old 19 November 2006, 01:21   #36
EmuChicken

If I had a hammer (or a graphics tablet) I'd be willing to help with the 2d graphics ;-)

Ive heard that if I buy one in japan the drivers may not work on my english install of XP though :/ (from a m8 who bought a wacom and then returned it)

When are you expecting an update on the project? - how long do you spend a week on it currently?
Old 19 November 2006, 10:41   #37
jotd
This cat is no more

Quote:
If I had a hammer (or a graphics tablet) I'd be willing to help with the 2d graphics ;-)

Ive heard that if I buy one in japan the drivers may not work on my english install of XP though :/ (from a m8 who bought a wacom and then returned it)

When are you expecting an update on the project? - how long do you spend a week on it currently?
Help with the graphics is not an urgent matter anyway.

About the time I spend on the project, it really depends. ATM not much, but at some moments it was 2h/day. And it also depends on the type of work I do on the project. I need quality time to fix the remaining issues in the game engine (car behaviour mainly), on the other hand I can fix secondary things anytime when I have a moment.

I think that a really playable version of the game could be available in early 2007.
Old 19 November 2006, 12:12   #38
EmuChicken

WOAOOAOOAWHHHH!!

I HAVE FOUND SUPERCARS INTERNATIONAL! I'll up it to the zone, for anyone to try out... You'll probably need dos box though! :-)
Old 19 November 2006, 12:23   #39
DamienD
Banned

Wicked, good work EmuChicken

I tried searching everywhere including eMule, eBAY and various websites but had no luck

Thanks for sharing
Old 19 November 2006, 12:32   #40
jotd
This cat is no more

Quote:
WOAOOAOOAWHHHH!!

I HAVE FOUND SUPERCARS INTERNATIONAL! I'll up it to the zone, for anyone to try out... You'll probably need dos box though! :-)
You're a fucking genius !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
thanks a million!!