English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 10 January 2007, 11:37   #21
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

That has indeed been going on. That issue needs moderating.

The solution to the problem is NOT banning anything anti-Amiga related.
Old 10 January 2007, 11:47   #22
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by killergorilla
That has indeed been going on. That issue needs moderating.

The solution to the problem is NOT banning anything anti-Amiga related.
If the anti Amiga related comments are of the ilk of constructive critisism then by all means i am all for that. But its very clear to me that some do not have any interest in the Amiga whatsoever other than gaming and there is nothing wrong with that either... BUT

What seems to be the problem is the lack of acceptance for what others interests are, and this in turn has turned into a blatant lack of respect.

The lack of moderation has not helped.
Old 10 January 2007, 11:47   #23
Ironclaw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade002
Please go do us all a favour on here and bungie off a 200 foot cliff using a 240 foot rope.
Haha . funny :P.
Old 10 January 2007, 13:18   #24
The Master

@ BOo BoO Rember ThEm CrACkTroS We DId At The ST lOVERS ?
hATerS bOARD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultron
whish the Amiga had died and been buried years ago, in the late 90's even. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by fred the Duck
P.J, you said it well. Somehow, these pitiful fanatics (I hate fanatics, tho I love Mac OS, I am VERY aware of it's shortfalls, even readily admit in some cases Windows does a better job, etc) do what all fanatics do: they attach the said object of worship/adulation, etc to their ego. A fanatic of a football club, rock group, religious sect, UFO crap, etc will all do this.
I love Amiga games. The fun, art, craftsmanship, excitement, beauty of 16 bit gaming is why I found EAB and stayed. But when i see these losers, it makes me sick. Thank goodness this is not like Ann.lu, probably the web community with the biggest population of 30 year old virgins ever..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shillard
AmigaOne means nothing to me..

Old 10 January 2007, 13:24   #25
Retro1234
Phone Homer

@ The Master Dont Hate;-) Long Live Amiga!

O Yeah Blade Rules!!! for sticking up to the Bully Boys.

Ip Freely -Big Brother is watching me and my brother?

Last edited by Retro1234; 11 January 2007 at 13:52.
Old 10 January 2007, 13:59   #26
P-J

Quote:
I wrote something long and detailed for you Fred, but ive come to the conclusion your just draining. If i stuck you next to someone healthy they would be dead in about an hour, so im just going to let this be...
Far be it from me to make this point (since I barely know you) but aren't you just torturing yourself? I thought you'd 'left this board'?

You need to understand that some people, from time to time, need correcting. I get tired about how people on this board evangelise about Amiga OS4.0 and tell us how it's so much better that Windows XP, Mac OSX, Linux, and other 'mainstream' OSes that are in use. How it's going to take over the world in a day and often point us out as being inferior for not using it and loving it. We're also probably a little miffed at the fact that what is left of 'Amiga fans' pour money into projects that take the Amiga nowhere. Shit companies with shit visions about their shit products. Watching people chasing vapourware is enough to anger even the most mild mannered person, and it's problem not those people we're 'angry with', but the developers of said vapourware.

If you want to make a difference, put your effort into the OSes that really stand a chance. Windows, OS X, Linux, BSD, BeOS, Haiku, SkyOS and suchlike. Watching Hyperion (or whatever) reinventing the wheel is just like watching money pour down a drain.

Last edited by P-J; 10 January 2007 at 14:06.
Old 10 January 2007, 14:45   #27
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-J
Far be it from me to make this point (since I barely know you) but aren't you just torturing yourself? I thought you'd 'left this board'?
Wether i said i was leaving this board or not has no relevance to what is being said. I spoke to some people privately about my stance on EAB, the rest is history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-J
You need to understand that some people, from time to time, need correcting. I get tired about how people on this board evangelise about Amiga OS4.0 and tell us how it's so much better that Windows XP, Mac OSX, Linux, and other 'mainstream' OSes that are in use.
I understand completely where you are coming from, but its not the correcting im concerned about, its the way its being done, and the amount of times people are being bad mouthed by individuals that clearly have no respect for others on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-J
How it's going to take over the world in a day and often point us out as being inferior for not using it and loving it. We're also probably a little miffed at the fact that what is left of 'Amiga fans' pour money into projects that take the Amiga nowhere. Shit companies with shit visions about their shit products. Watching people chasing vapourware is enough to anger even the most mild mannered person, and it's problem not those people we're 'angry with', but the developers of said vapourware.
Yes i am also frustrated at the way the Amiga has been thrown around from place to place and has seen very little progression and im not exactly new to all of this, ive been following the Amiga scene since 1990, which although is not as much as some others on here, its still long enough to make me a little jaded about the whole scenario, but its still NO excuse to call people on here Losers or pathetic fanatics, which is normally tied in with other cocky and snide remarks.

This has "nothing" to do with the Amiga and more to do with stepping over line of being "overly" opinionated. And i never said nor did i think anyone said the Amiga would take the world over overnight!? ( correct me if im wrong ) and nor can i recall anyone on here calling anyone inferior for not using it ( maybe you mean the general public ? ), actually if anything, the people who support OS4 on here are the ones that seem to be constantly labeled as inferior. I can handle it happening once in a while, but i see constant critisism of people & not opinions here on a daily basis.

Some may say, well dont come here if you dont like it!. No i do want to come here, but what i dont want is people abusing the privilage of being able to post on what is supposed to be a forum of constructive opinion. What i do want to see is zero tolerance for slander.

Yes i have slandered on here myself, but you get what you give in this world, and the people in question need to be moderated back into line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-J
If you want to make a difference, put your effort into the OSes that really stand a chance. Windows, OS X, Linux, BSD, BeOS, Haiku, SkyOS and suchlike. Watching Hyperion (or whatever) reinventing the wheel is just like watching money pour down a drain.
Well if someone uses OS4, that doesnt mean they dont use anything else. I am going to be installing linux as soon as i get a chance and im currently using XP to type this message. There is nothing wrong with having a little faith/interest in OS4 to go along with it.

Thanks for your "decent" post P-J. I do appreciate it.

Last edited by blade002; 10 January 2007 at 15:02.
Old 10 January 2007, 15:38   #28
pbareges

love, hate, anger, frustrations...don't you understand that the freedom of speech of this board is the greatest gift to the amiga community (and yes this really is the english AMIGA board whether you emulate, have classics or last generation of amigas)...this is all so great !! fred's cynical contribution is as valuable as your enthusiastic one blade002...this is what makes this forum so special!! BUT yes there's one human kind that i would like to exterminate from the world, and we may start here dear moderators : ST LOVERS...can't stand them anymore!!it's been more than 20 years now that we must tolerate their bad faith and deep hypocisy...BURN THEM!!
Old 10 January 2007, 16:06   #29
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by superBuster
Kiosk OS? can you buy a newspaper and MAD magazine from it? Do they sell smokes? LOL.
Muhaha...

Well seriously, "kiosk modes" are very important for inet-cafés, and other (public) places with a computer installation on them.
These modes make sure the user can only use the browser ("thin client"), but not do anything else in the system; nor can he quit the browser software. One browser with an excellent kiosk mode option is Opera.
Old 10 January 2007, 18:20   #30
superBuster
superFreak

Send a message via AIM to superBuster
@blade002
And Who the hell are you? I suggest you move to saudi arabia where somebody will tell you what to belive.
Do you have a job or girlfriend/life partner? You must be really out of touch with reality as the amiga has been defacto adandoned for almost 10 years! (don't kill yourself)
I honestly feel sory for you! If you want we can save up some money so youcan get some phyological help.
I say if you wanted to leave EAB, do so.

This is EAB, not
-life under a rock
-delusion and madness
-amigaworld
-amiga.org

Here I have found the coolest amiga fans, that also have a life! EAB rocks as it is!

@andreas
I was just kidding around! Opera is way cool.

AND MOST IMPORTANT --------> Fred is the coolist part of EAB!, don't you know who fred is?

Last edited by superBuster; 10 January 2007 at 18:40.
Old 10 January 2007, 18:53   #31
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

/me is glad this thread stayed civil
Old 10 January 2007, 19:16   #32
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

How long we got?
Old 10 January 2007, 21:53   #33
P-J

@SuperBuster : Now you're just taking personal swipes, chill out man, there's no need to be like that.

I think there is room for everyone here, just that the debate sometimes gets out hand.
Old 10 January 2007, 22:17   #34
Mick_AKA
crusader of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbareges
fred's cynical contribution is as valuable
Old 10 January 2007, 22:54   #35
superBuster
superFreak

@P-J
room for all.. he is free to stay or go, as he wishes, I'm not gonna rewrite history for his sake.(blade)

@pbareges
LOL, good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer

freedom of speech belongs in an open forum... not an Amiga named forum...
wow slayer, spoken like a ture dictator.... I guess anybody stating an Amiga forum should check with you first!

Last edited by superBuster; 11 January 2007 at 00:33.
Old 11 January 2007, 08:08   #36
blade002
Zone Friend

Quote:
@blade002
And Who the hell are you? I suggest you move to saudi arabia where somebody will tell you what to belive.
Do you have a job or girlfriend/life partner? You must be really out of touch with reality as the amiga has been defacto adandoned for almost 10 years! (don't kill yourself)
Where the hell did you pick that up from ??. If anyone is frustrated here it seems to be you. Yes i do have a job, and yes im doing more than just my job through part time study in natural medicine. Ummm.. and yes i do have a partner, she is Korean and i may be marrying her next year after i fly to Korea and meet her family.

Quote:
@blade002
I honestly feel sory for you! If you want we can save up some money so youcan get some phyological help.
I say if you wanted to leave EAB, do so.

This is EAB, not
-life under a rock
-delusion and madness
-amigaworld
-amiga.org

Here I have found the coolest amiga fans, that also have a life! EAB rocks as it is!

@andreas
I was just kidding around! Opera is way cool.
Ok Ok, well lets all bow to the holy grail of your infinite wisdom.

You finished now?. Good.... next smartarse ?

Last edited by blade002; 11 January 2007 at 08:14.
Old 11 January 2007, 11:42   #37
P-J

Quote:
she is Korean and i may be marrying her next year after i fly to Korea and meet her family
Hehe! *Pictures fight scene from Wayne's World*
Old 11 January 2007, 12:19   #38
Kristian95
A4000T owner :)

I think every opinion should be able to be voiced here, but I see a lot of name calling and verbal abuse of each other.... frankly I thought the people in this forum are supposed to be old enough to have passed such a kindergarden attitude.

For God's sake people use a respectful tone towards other people!
Old 11 January 2007, 12:32   #39
T_hairy_bootson
Workbitch 1.3

Nice article KG
Old 11 January 2007, 19:55   #40
superBuster
superFreak

Quote:

Ok Ok, well lets all bow to the holy grail of your infinite wisdom.

You finished now?. Good.... next smartarse ?

Hmmm where you not suggesting we bow to YOUR idea that this is not realy an amiga forum becasue we mention negative things about the amiga. Don't even try to flip this around on me! Also where do you get the idea that becasue somebody uses and emulator ther are not realy amiga folk..... I realize however that explaining this to you may be a waist of time.... LOL
Just to you know i;m gonna go home and play with uae on my psp! (the next gen amiga is here!!!) LOL