English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 07 September 2014, 04:06   #21
kjmann14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ox. View Post
I thought about adding an "eject" button to the front of the Gotek drive wired between the 5v line to USB so I can boot from CF card without having to remove the USB stick or select an empty slot, anyone done this?
I just put a Blank Formatted (With No Boot track) ADF image in Slot one and leave it there.
Old 21 September 2014, 20:10   #22
Superman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackoland View Post
I have been having problems, i have working gotek in a500. I have usb 4gb cruzer, works great for about 4 hours, then start getting corrupt files on usb, reformat copy files back over and sorted. But maybe its from removing usb when amiga is powered on, think probs started then, will have to try.

Cheers
It could be something as simple as you ADF files are virus infected as the same thing happened to me. As my ADF files can't be write protected I was spreading a virus each time I changed a game and it buggered up the bootblocks. I would download ADFscan (PC program) and check all your files as even some TOSEC sets are virus infected.

Last edited by Superman; 21 September 2014 at 20:20.
Old 14 October 2014, 20:18   #23
Comodoor

I'm having a unique issue that I'm not sure what it could be. I've tried my Sandisk Cruzer 8GB and Sandisk Cruzer Fit 16GB but no matter what I've tried I can't get a game to recognize the disk swap for multi-disk games.

One slight glimmer of hope I've had was with Ultima 4 which asks for a blank disk. It detected the blank adf and wrote whatever it needed but asked for the game disk afterwards and that was never detected.

Any ideas?

Old 08 August 2015, 00:12   #24
djohnstonphoto

Sandisk cruzer fit usb2 8gb doesn't work for me! 6 cards in and still no luck.