English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 05 January 2006, 12:37   #21
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Joseph
I have two or three versions of the Gods tune.. one is very long and was part of a radio broadcast I think (memory a bit vague so I'll find it somewhere and check) and the other is the one Denis has which I modelled the game tune on.
You do realise that track has been imprinted on my memory for all of time. You rock.
Old 05 January 2006, 17:14   #22
Hungry Horace
Wipe-Out Enthusiast

OMFG - the legendary "John Foxx - also of Ultravox" was one of my lecturers in my first year of uni. (a Music Technology degree) I only found out he was responsible for the Gods theme last year. If only i had known at the time.

And Richard Joseph... here?!

i think i'm gonna pass out.

BTW whose voice is the rather camp "aahhow!" samples?
Old 05 January 2006, 19:46   #23
plasmatron
Zone Friend

Richard Joseph

I love your tunes really . YES I DO!
Especially the piano title tune on FIRE AND ICE. Wonderful. That was game music. Thoose melodies will be with me till the day I die and beyond believe me.
Listening to todays game musics. There is really no tune that I would remember, or whistle along. Back in the day me and my mate were listening to millions of choons for hours. Ohhhhh happy days. I don`t think that this would me happen on any new game.

Are you still in the industry today? If I remember right you have dome some bits for the GBA right ?

Is there any unreleased AMIGA stuff that you have ? I think there must be some titles that saw never the light of day ?

I have millions of other questions in my head Anyway.

Nice to have ya here.
Old 06 January 2006, 23:42   #24
thinlega
.:Part-Time Winner:.

Thanks for uploading the mp3s! were these originaly intended to be played throughout the game?
Old 09 January 2006, 00:05   #25
Richard Joseph
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmatron

Are you still in the industry today? If I remember right you have dome some bits for the GBA right ?

Is there any unreleased AMIGA stuff that you have ? I think there must be some titles that saw never the light of day ?
Yes I am in the industry. Somewhere

There is unreleased stuff. I am looking through all my Amiga discs right now. I've found quite a few things of interest like original mods of tunes that up until now are only available in Vectordean format. The mods are quite different to the versions that end up in the games. What has annoyed me though is discovering that I'd copied over a work-in-progress copy of Putty Squad for the Amiga

BTW the "aahhow" voice is John Foxx I think.

And yes, those mp3s were meant to played throughout the PC version as background tunes.

Thanks for the nice comments btw folks.