English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 06 October 2009, 00:42   #21
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Looks like a frame buffer issue or something similar, the WinUAE filter aren't 100% glitch free yet.
Old 06 October 2009, 00:42   #22
NewDeli
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to NewDeli
Here, point #23.
These artifacts can be seen in the WB, right ?
So I don't see a reason to neglect taking the necessary steps to setup the WB screen mode, in conjunction with uaegfx driver.

If it won't improve playing WHDLoad games, it won't affect it either.
Old 06 October 2009, 00:44   #23
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleauvive View Post
It's worthless to set a filter if you don't adjust your screen mode first accordingly to the display tab of WinUAE, and ultimately to your actual screen resolution for full screen mode.
I quote you again, because this is simply wrong. Of course the filter setting will affect the display no matter how the screen mode in WB is set
Old 06 October 2009, 00:51   #24
NewDeli
Banned

I was just saying that I myself wouldn't do that before configuring WB display properly, not that filters wouldn't affect the display.

It's just plain wrong to mess with filters if you have no idea what RTG and screen mores are about, and leave everything in display tab to default. That's my opinion anyway.
Old 06 October 2009, 00:54   #25
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
It's just plain wrong to mess with filters if you have no idea what RTG and screen mores are about, and leave everything in display tab to default. That's my opinion anyway.
No it isn't Deleauvive, since WB screen modes and the display settings in WinUAE have nothing to do with each other Really, they don't.
Old 06 October 2009, 00:55   #26
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Maybe invoking "Redraw Screen" could do some good. (WB-builtin option, check the drop-down menus)
Old 06 October 2009, 00:57   #27
Kitty

Ok, heres something interesting, I reverted back from beta to the latest stable release with the same config and the graphics glitch has gone, seems its the beta16 that is the problem, not sure whats causing it though, something to add to the to-do list maybe
Old 06 October 2009, 01:03   #28
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

I'm also using beta 16 and switched back and forth (windowed and fullscreen) several times. Still doesn't happen Maybe it's RTG related though.
Old 06 October 2009, 01:09   #29
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

Why? RTG shouldn't be enabled. Kitty's screenshot is AGA.
Old 06 October 2009, 01:10   #30
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Why? RTG shouldn't be enabled. Kitty's screenshot is AGA.
I know, but maybe she followed some bad advice
Old 06 October 2009, 01:18   #31
Kitty

Where is RTG option cause I couldnt find that in the beta16 or 1.6.1, that link is an old version of WinUAE.

Edit I know why now, there is no RTG Option in AGA like Retro-Nerd said, I checked Amiga 500 config, its in there but yeah I was using A1200 AGA.
Old 06 October 2009, 01:22   #32
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

You find it under 'Expansions'. Maybe you want to try it without RTG and see if it still happens?
Old 06 October 2009, 01:30   #33
NewDeli
Banned

It may sound a bit like blowin' in the wind, but anyway :

I'll assume you have a TFT flat screen, which resolution can go up to 1024x768.
  1. Do yourself a favor first, and install Picasso96, update the rtg.library with the latest available on Aminet, place it into the WB system, under Libs\Picasso96
  2. In WB prefs, set the screen mode to 1024X768 via uaegfx (don't ever try to do this with PicassoMode, look for ScreenMode instead). Yes, you now have an "Amiga graphic card driver", ideally suited for changing screen modes from within the WB (needs some Fast RAM and some RTG memory, 32MB should do)
  3. restart the emu.
  4. Now in WinUAE, before loading the WB again, set your prefs in the Display tab, for example : full screen to 1024x768 16-bit, and window to the value I gave you last time

The advantage of that is the WB won't have to "guess" the resolution on the host PC to fill the available screen space in full-screen mode.
Old 06 October 2009, 01:35   #34
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Most TFT display these days 'go up' way further.

Quote:
The advantage of that is the WB won't have to "guess" the resolution on the host PC to fill the available screen space in full-screen mode.
Ah yes... 'guess'. You know what will happen if you launch a game right? If not maybe you should look it up.
Old 06 October 2009, 01:40   #35
Retro-Nerd
Missile Command Champion

I prefer the Overscan settings for non-RTG WB emulation, 640x512 resolution. Looks better than this ugly scale filters, even with scanlines enabled.

Old 06 October 2009, 01:41   #36
Ian
Global Moderator

Seems like someone is on a crusade to misinform the "newbies" so they know as much as they do, which by the way is naff all.

Why try to confuse a WinUAE novice with loads of utterly pointless crap at least stick to people that at least are comfortable enough with WinUAE to know that your advice should go in one eye and out the other.

I have never ignored anyone on this forum, but I think that tradition should change as of now, I'm sure one of my fellow old timers will inform me if by chance something interesting does come from one of your posts Deleauvive.
Old 06 October 2009, 01:44   #37
Kitty

Quote:
It may sound a bit like blowin' in the wind, but anyway :

1. Do yourself a favor first, and install Picasso96, update the rtg.library with the latest available on Aminet, place it into the WB system, under Libs\Picasso96
2. In WB prefs, set the screen mode to 1024X768 via uaegfx (don't ever try to do this with PicassoMode, look for ScreenMode instead). Yes, you now have an "Amiga graphic card driver", ideally suited for changing screen modes from within the WB (needs some Fast RAM and some RTG memory, 32MB should do)
3. restart the emu.
4. Now in WinUAE, before loading the WB again, set your prefs in the Display tab, for example : full screen to 1024x768 16-bit, and window to the value I gave you last time

Woah say wha.. ?? lol

Sorry but I need an idiots guide to this, I'm not Amiga literate at all, not a noob but definitely not a pro!
Look back on when I asked about WHDload for an idea of my skills and see how long it took me before I got that correctly working! lol
Old 06 October 2009, 01:44   #38
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Seems like someone is on a crusade to misinform the "newbies" so they know as much as they do, which by the way is naff all.

Why try to confuse a WinUAE novice with loads of utterly pointless crap at least stick to people that at least are comfortable enough with WinUAE to know that your advice should go in one eye and out the other.

I have never ignored anyone on this forum, but I think that tradition should change as of now, I'm sure one of my fellow old timers will inform me if by chance something interesting does come from one of your posts Deleauvive.

@Kitty
Really, just ignore that. It's not needed at all. If you need it, just ask and you get some useful information
Old 06 October 2009, 01:48   #39
Kitty

Retro_Nerd your WinUAE setup looks simply awesome, I wish someone would make a website where you could download a WinUAE setup like that ready to go obviously it would only need a few path edits.

I dabbled a bit with AmigaSYS4 but I'm not ready for that yet.
Old 06 October 2009, 01:50   #40
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Have a look here Kitty : http://classicwb.abime.net/