English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Apps

Old 30 August 2014, 01:36   #21
James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Edit: I will try to make another as the image isn't good, but I don't know where to get the original wallpaper, and the image is bad because I had to transform it from iff to png first.
The original is Logo.jpg from this collection:

http://aminet.net/pix/back/OS39Wallp.lha
Old 30 August 2014, 02:25   #22
crazyc

Thank you!

If retrofan would be so kind as to add the loading bar, I think I am sorted!

Last edited by crazyc; 30 August 2014 at 02:32.
Old 30 August 2014, 10:20   #23
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I'm not an expert but it doesn't look good with jpg either. I think it has to be png only. I'm trying to make it anyway but it looks more or less like the one I already made. Just importing it to CorelDraw you see it like that, bad letters and so.

Edit: It looks better (not perfect).

Edit: Removed (improved posts ahead)

Last edited by Retrofan; 30 August 2014 at 14:24.
Old 30 August 2014, 11:58   #24
crazyc

Well, I have done what I can but the loading slider has no background - but its not so bad.

Keep in mind that (a) the following vid is from a cold boot, I run kickcontrol at the moment (as I am building a custom kickstart), its Blizkicking the custom rom, and the rainboot command is quite far through my startup-sequence -all of which I will work on and mean the loading is a bit disjointed etc, but apart from the transitions I get full screen.
I am running workbench at 1024x768.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8uae3imnrr...O0099.mp4?dl=0
Old 30 August 2014, 12:54   #25
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Looks good. Can you attach it to try it?

It seems there is an option (not recommended) with an instruction to start before the AGA chipset in the s-s. It's explained in the guide.
Old 30 August 2014, 13:19   #26
crazyc

Quote:
Looks good. Can you attach it to try it?

It seems there is an option (not recommended) with an instruction to start before the AGA chipset in the s-s. It's explained in the guide.
Tied up with family stuff for a bit - will try and upload later when I can.

Cheers

C
Old 30 August 2014, 14:29   #27
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

It won't be necessary. I've made a better image using Print Screen of the keyboard from an AmiKit with RTG, saved later as png with Ultimate Paint, edited later with Coreldraw and later again to iff with Ultimate Paint.

So I've got now two good images, with or without rectangle (you can rename and use the other image), 800x600.

Edit: BTW HighGFX is a great config, but a bit slow for the system. You should use mine http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=920520&postcount=97 . And also you can hide the screenmode the indi shows like in mine. Anyway like I said, for booting screens it surely (I haven't tried it) will be better to use HighGFX 800x600 like my post explains .
Attached Files
File Type: lzx Rainboot_OS39Config800x600.lzx (858.2 KB, 115 views)

Last edited by Retrofan; 30 August 2014 at 15:03.
Old 30 August 2014, 15:43   #28
crazyc

Thanks - I will try and give all this a go.

I know about hiding the screen mode but wanted it visible while I played around with stuff
Old 30 August 2014, 17:43   #29
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I've made another and edited the first I made with RCC.

Edit: This config will be improved in my next AK Real 1.1 Update.
Attached Files
File Type: lzx RainbootAmiKit2.lzx (260.2 KB, 85 views)

Last edited by Retrofan; 02 September 2014 at 00:02.
Old 31 August 2014, 01:51   #30
crazyc

@retrofan

I think my wallpaper came from the aminet rainboot config package :

http://aminet.net/package/pix/boot/tek_aosXB
Old 31 August 2014, 10:50   #31
crazyc

Quote:

Edit: BTW HighGFX is a great config, but a bit slow for the system. You should use mine http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=920520&postcount=97 . And also you can hide the screenmode the indi shows like in mine. Anyway like I said, for booting screens it surely (I haven't tried it) will be better to use HighGFX 800x600 like my post explains .
I am trying your superplus etc but am not that confident with screenmodes.

I think I have it done, as the workbench runs at 800x600 and seems OK (I am still deciding if I am OK with the lower resolution - not sure yet).
Games and sysinfo all seem to work full screen, but I cannot get that loading config to do so. I think thats my rainboot setting though.
Old 01 September 2014, 00:52   #32
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

No, I've told you before, SuperPlus doesn't like booting screens and it lets them off centered. So using Rainboot you better use HighGFX, but 800x600 like I explain in the post of my indi config.

BTW, wasn't supossed that the pointer should't be visible? I've got it over the booting screen with DOpus or also WB.

Edit: I've seen in your video that you don't have it, so it must be something in the config or in my s-s. Edit: No, my configs are right. The pointer just gets the color of the screen, but of course it is not a chameleon...
Edit: In my large 32" Tv, WinUAE full screen I don't have the pointer with the same config. Maybe because it isn't full screen in the laptop or perhaps because it boots faster in the laptop.

Last edited by Retrofan; 01 September 2014 at 14:38.
Old 01 September 2014, 09:12   #33
crazyc

Yes- sorry - lack of reading on my part.
Now using HighGFX bit am still doing something wrong as cannot get it to work properly on the bootup - still off centre and comes up with a red border initially that then goes black.
I shall continue to play.
Cheers.
Old 01 September 2014, 19:08   #34
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

I've just made another. I've seen it's better to use also BBLANK to open them, to have black borders. I will include all these configs of AmiKit in my next AK Real update. I've made also the options to preview an screenshot of them and then choose any with MorpheuZ. I've also improved the ones I had posted before (for example I've rewritted "Loading..." over the drawing like in this), but I will keep them for the update.

Remember we are booting using just AGA, no RTG here ...

I want to say that I always wanted to have the booting picture of AmiKit (uses ShowAmiga96 with RTG). In the past I've already added with help (just some of the difficult tasks) first the icons, then AmiNetRadio, SkinnableClock, AmiStart and BDSlide, all working without FPU or RTG.

And also, reading this from the author of Rainboot (yes, year 2000): "AF: I will really need good luck but I'm not very positive as you can see from this interview. Everything is getting a bit on my nerves. I'm doing and I did so much and I get so small support."

I will use your great program in my distro. Maybe it has taken its time, Andreas, but just thanks a lot.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyc View Post
... bit am still doing something wrong as cannot get it to work properly on the bootup - still off centre and comes up with a red border initially that then goes black.
I shall continue to play.
Cheers.
Yes, it happens a bit the same here with 800x600 background images and I also don't like to use smaller ones when I use an screen of 800x600. I think I've readen all the guides but I don't know which is the largest size for the Background image, or a way to center it from the beginning. Anyway as I've seen, it looks much better full screen in WinUAE, like in this screenshot.

Last edited by Retrofan; 02 September 2014 at 17:38.
Old 07 September 2014, 17:57   #35
crazyc

I have Rainboot running full screen etc now, no problems, all good, but when after the fade I get a flash of red (suspect my pallette etc) and then what I get with all of them is flash of the workbench screen but half width, and then it jumps to the full screen.
Any way to avoid that flash of the half size screen?
Cheers
C.
Old 07 September 2014, 18:26   #36
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Maybe it depends on the size of your image and the size of your WB screen. I'm using 800x600 for both.

BTW I've fixed the crashing I was having with the Matrix screensaver program just adding a DELAY 10 and later Wait 1. Edit: Well, no. Now I've changed the position of IPrefs on the s-s.
But it is also true that from time to time, mainly on the first boot some icons don't look right, you know it can conflict with IPrefs, and it also depends on the speed of the System to boot.

Last edited by Retrofan; 08 September 2014 at 14:52.
Old 08 September 2014, 01:04   #37
crazyc

Well, I am giving up on the one I originally wanted (although its partly there) and currently using a hybrid of several that looks and sounds like this: (will need to turn up volume)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/skzxjjvnu4...O0103.mp4?dl=0

I am still keen to sort out my screen modes, and now using the 800*600 for for my workbench as you suggested, although i do like the higher resolution. Each time I try and get rainboot to run in higher res I mess up my workbench and Indy config and end up causing myself some panic, so may just live with the brief change of screen mode after between rainboot and workbench.

I will work on this further as I am gaining an deeper understanding of the configs on Rainboot - how do I work out what colour each 'pen' is? but am likely to be quite busy and want to get back to improving my custom Kickstart....
Thanks for all the help.
Old 08 September 2014, 23:11   #38
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

You know that when you start the booting screen the image starts off centered and then it jumps to the right position. Very ugly...

BUT I've found a wonderful way to fix that: http://aminet.net/package/util/wb/FixPrefs

You just have to setup your overscan if you hadn't (you are installing a new screen mode for example) and then just run FixPrefs. No comment, no message, it just works and you just have to make it once. Now you reboot and the booting screen is centered from the beginning without jumps .

I've got to try it more to see how it behaves with the SuperPlus mode with the Indi too, but I'm very happy with it.

Last edited by Retrofan; 08 September 2014 at 23:35.
Old 08 September 2014, 23:41   #39
crazyc

I have been using fixjump for that and thought it had stopped the jump on mine, or are you talking about the transition half screen in my video after rainboot?
Old 09 September 2014, 00:01   #40
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Ups I hadn't try FixJump, but I don't have that jump at the end with FixPrefs either, it must be the indi and I've only tried WinUAE. I have to try FixJump anyway.

Edit: Where do I get the FixJump program? Edit here it seems http://cd.textfiles.com/zoom2/utilities/wb/mcp/

Edit: FixJump was already in AmiKit and it does the job just the same. Well, better, as I can use it for Rainboot and not with BootScreen, as this last behaves on the contrary; first right and off centered at the end with my images.

Last edited by Retrofan; 09 September 2014 at 01:01.