English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 22 March 2011, 16:42   #21
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Sorry, forgot you can't see deleted threads (or better : didn't notice they were deleted and not just locked). Anyway, Peilton created some threads which were just witch hunts. If someone like him comes back and creates posts in a similar manner, I'd call that trolling.
Old 22 March 2011, 16:46   #22
Mr B

Quote:
Originally Posted by penfold_t_mole View Post
can you let me know what a troll is?

(Click the image for a deeper explanation)
B!
Old 22 March 2011, 17:26   #23
Peilton
Noobish Newbie

"Peilton" here also known as "Collector" since a few hours or EAB’s Troll LOL Sorry, for having forgotten my first account and creating a new one; that was clearly out of line. Thought this account was banned too but I've just entered the wrong password! That is why I wrote Noob LOL Anyway, there’s no excuses and I did wrong and banning that account was right from TheCyberDruid

@ TheCyberDruid

I perfectly understand your position now as you took time to explain to the others (but not to me which I find unfair as you just told me in a harsh way to back off).

When I first posted here I pointed my finger at a seller who ripped me off and asked for help just like TexMurphy. Then when I come back here a year later, I do the same with another account. Now, I understand that you think I'm just here to start a fight or bring bad vibrations and decided to ban me (which is by the way absolutely legitimate if you interpret it like that). Seeing it like that you did your job as a moderator and quickly suffocated the fire before it spread. But that was never my intention and I want to apologize if I gave this impression. Thanks a lot to penfold_t_mole who made this matter crystal clear and made me also understand TheCyberDruid's point of view. Again, I let my emotions overcome me and point at sellers who ripp people off which disgusts me. Sorry, for that.
Thanks for giving me the chance to still be a member and hope we can settle this matter in a friendly way.
Old 22 March 2011, 18:04   #24
Coma

Does somebody look for more cdtv fakes from the same seller?
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/volfied99/m.h...id=p4340.l2562

Old 22 March 2011, 19:00   #25
TexMurphy

I see them from the first day. But I won't say anything about the CDs originality... I don't want to be banned:-). Just want to tell everybody that, I already own Logical and Battlestorm CDs, and mine are different then seller's.

Old 29 March 2011, 11:18   #26
Hewitson

160 quid??? Some people really do have far more money than sense.

I'm tempted to burn a few CD's and and put them on ebay myself, I won't though.
Old 29 March 2011, 11:59   #27
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

£160 for some blagged disks?

I would of been cheaper to buy a bubble jet printer and a lightscribe buner with some LS Disks...

and you would have enough change for a good take out as well.
Old 17 April 2011, 00:43   #28
Cauterize

Sorry to bump this thread, however I was one of the ones who recently bought off volfied99 the second seller mentioned in this thread. Here is the auction I won, Emerald Mines CD32:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...#ht_500wt_1156

Upon receiving the game I was alarmed slightly by the poor quality of the case/inserts, however I presumed this was yet another low budget Amiga game distributed cheaply. Yet after reading this thread and also receiving an anonymous email via eBay from another person who bought off him (presumably the Battlestorm mentioned above), I'm leaning more towards being conned now

Does anyone here own Emerald Mines CD32 that wouldn't mind taking a photo close up of the disc for me? Or even better, selling/trading their copy (I have a few CD32 games going spare for trade). Thanks!

In fact, not a worry! Just located this recently ended auction from penfold_t_mole:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Amiga-CD32-Gam...ht_2632wt_1139

The clear difference which I didn't spot in the pictures is the gap in the label between the inner ring of the disc.

Must say, that's a fair bit of effort to go to to make £12from me. Especially considering the label will have needed a bit of adjustment in Photoshop to be completed where it is split.

Last edited by TCD; 17 April 2011 at 02:08. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Use the edit function.
Old 17 April 2011, 00:50   #29
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Same as the one on HOL it seems : http://hol.abime.net/3429
Tbh, Almathera isn't exactly known for its high quality releases...
Old 17 April 2011, 01:33   #30
Reynolds
Alien Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMurphy View Post
Thank you! And sorry, if did some forbidden things. I won't do it again:-).
Hi,

Welcome at EAB
Saw your CDTV on the 3rd retrospective computer and console exhibition in Csoki
Well, AFAIK it was yours

Sorry for the offtopic :P
Old 17 April 2011, 13:45   #31
gehtjanx
Banned

Well, that's a shame to sell those CD's and iligal, too. Hope nobody will buy these and the seller will not get the money.

Also these C= shirts and articles with commodore logo sold at e.g. at alinea (the square things):
http://www.amiga-shop.net/index.php?...sort=2a&page=2
are made and sold without the rights or permission of licence holders of Amiga, Commodore or AmigaOS. That's also a shame as someone makes money of things ilegally and everyone that buyes that, will support such products. The idea is nice, but as said, they do not have the right to use the logos as far as I know.

gehtjanx
Old 17 April 2011, 16:52   #32
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehtjanx View Post
Hope nobody will buy these and the seller will not get the money.
Already sold months ago. Just hope that TexMurphy got his refund.
Old 17 April 2011, 23:22   #33
cv643d

I knew I sold Turrican 1 and 2 too cheap back in 2005 (I had the originals)
Old 22 April 2011, 10:15   #34
TexMurphy

Hi Reynolds,
The CDTV wasn't mine. But the boxed 3DO Blaster, N64, 3DO, CDi+Gun was mine:-)
And did not get any refund from seller. I will be more careful it the future on ebay.
And almost forgot to say that, I reported both seller's fake CDs/items to ebay and they did not do anything... That is bad.

Old 22 April 2011, 11:43   #35
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
And did not get any refund from seller. I will be more careful it the future on ebay.
And almost forgot to say that, I reported both seller's fake CDs/items to ebay and they did not do anything... That is bad.
That sucks So much for buyer protection...
Old 22 April 2011, 12:22   #36
Paul_s

Quote:
Hi Reynolds,
The CDTV wasn't mine. But the boxed 3DO Blaster, N64, 3DO, CDi+Gun was mine:-)
You should leave him negative feedback in that case to warn others. Could you not do a chargeback with your card provider? That way the fraudulent seller will get a negative figure on their paypal account...

You shouldn't let him get away with this as it'll happen to others...
Old 22 April 2011, 15:09   #37
blade002
Zone Friend

The seller even tries to garner sympathy for his so called "father's passing" in a bid to sell his fakes. Some people have no shame do they.
Old 23 April 2011, 02:43   #38
TexMurphy

Negative feedback means nothing to that seller. He is 96.6% now. He need to wait 1 year, and will be 100%. Not the money is important in this case. But I don't want to buy copied CDs on ebay. And why did not do anything if I report an item?
What is interesting, why don't leave feedback, who bought fake Loom CDTV?
Anyway, I already forgot this case:-)

Old 24 April 2011, 10:23   #39
Coma

Paypal always refunds the money if a third person confirms the fake.

Old 26 April 2011, 02:20   #40
TexMurphy

Who will say that, the CD was not original what I got? Reported my Falcon CDTV to ebay 2x, used "report item" and did not do anything. No answer, nothing. Seller says that original, I say not. It was only GBP 16. I will be more careful next time.
For example does anyone see the Rise Of Dragon CDTV on ebay??? Is it original, or am I getting crazy?