English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Other

Old 13 September 2020, 22:18   #21
rygar

maybe you can also print list to the file?
Old 14 September 2020, 15:25   #22
ElectroBlaster

Send a message via ICQ to ElectroBlaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by rygar View Post
maybe you can also print list to the file?
Do you mean printing from the program?

If so, I tried that from within Winuae and managed to do it! but it will only print each disk your a looking at. I worked up to 100 and had a break, looked at what I was producing. So you end up with loads of seperate files, the next issue is they are not pure text so maybe I am doing this wrong? it is just an image best I can describe it. I cannot edit, cut or paste anything.

It seems this PD company went to a bit of trouble making this catalogue disk, almost like protecting it? Other pd outfits appear to not have done this.

At the end of the day NBS pretty much just sent out the same stuff every other pd place did with the exception of a bunch of disks available nowhere else.
Old 15 September 2020, 00:55   #23
scuzz

The Magazine disk that you are trying to crack is a PDSOFT disk.

NBS were merged into UPD along with Blittersoft, START and Vally. Vally did all the work in merging the catalogues.

The four CDs of the merged catalogue including NBS are available on line. I have explained all this and advised accordingly. I did quite a lot of work to establish all of this but obviously not worthy of a thank you.

Have fun. I have the four CDs all set up and was running on the Amiga 4000/040 tonight. The files are in dms format and can be created from an AmigaGuide link in each drawer. I have all the adverts for NBS for the 1.5 years they existed and so can create a pretty accurate listing across Shopper/AUI/Format/Computing amd CU. The disks appear in the UPD anyway so not a problem.

Anyway... this was my reply for what it was worth.

https://www.scuzzscink.com/amiga/scu...ber20_1401.htm

scuzz
Old 15 September 2020, 10:37   #24
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

What's this on your blog about "the legality of issuing disks"? They are PD!
Old 15 September 2020, 12:45   #25
ElectroBlaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzz View Post
The four CDs of the merged catalogue including NBS are available on line. I have explained all this and advised accordingly. I did quite a lot of work to establish all of this but obviously not worthy of a thank you.
Well if I have done something wrong then... I hope I have not? I only emailed you once and was signposted back here.

I was made aware about your blog and that you had imaged a small bunch of disks. Somebody suggested I contact you via email, asked if you had them available to download! That shows you are visible and out there being noticed.

The blog update on NBS is brilliant and I thank you for going to the trouble

EDIT: Also I know a great deal of these disks are on the cd's etc! it is the obscure stuff that appears to not be present! I have a bunch all starting with an X code. I snagged them off ebay quite a few years ago. They were in poor condition and I have made attempts to save them without errors. I will list them on here in a bit.

Last edited by ElectroBlaster; 15 September 2020 at 14:43.
Old 15 September 2020, 17:57   #26
rygar

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuzz View Post
The Magazine disk that you are trying to crack is a PDSOFT disk.

NBS were merged into UPD along with Blittersoft, START and Vally. Vally did all the work in merging the catalogues.

Have fun. I have the four CDs all set up and was running on the Amiga 4000/040 tonight. The files are in dms format and can be created from an AmigaGuide link in each drawer. I have all the adverts for NBS for the 1.5 years they existed and so can create a pretty accurate listing across Shopper/AUI/Format/Computing amd CU. The disks appear in the UPD anyway so not a problem.

Anyway... this was my reply for what it was worth.

https://www.scuzzscink.com/amiga/scu...ber20_1401.htm

scuzz

It seems my idea for asking you was very good. Thank you a lot for full explanation
ElectroBalster Quest is over

If somone need it i downloaded UPD (United Public Domain) disc 1-4 and reuploaded here:
https://mega.nz/file/mk1hkRSa#5hoDqi...M6n48KrMLP8oAQ

Last edited by rygar; 15 September 2020 at 20:08.
Old 17 September 2020, 19:55   #27
ghosty777

re: NBS

United Public Domain Library has only part of the collection; There's plenty of NBS exclusives not in that collection. I've long lost the ones I had however. In fact, the only exclusives I remember now are Megaton Man (I think it was x rated? But it was pretty mild) & some Young Ones / Comic Strip Presents music disks (Though I guess they could have been acquired by other PD libraries afterwards)

I used to receive regular hard-copy catalogues from NBS back in the day. Don't remember the cat-disk recently posted here though..

For what it's worth..

Edit: I've just noticed IOWtheme posted a pic that showed the discs he had were the UPD discs, lol. So he never had the entire collection after all.
Edit: Sorry for a thousand edits; I was struggling to remember things correctly. I'm finally happy with this post now

Last edited by ghosty777; 17 September 2020 at 21:11.
Old 18 September 2020, 02:41   #28
ElectroBlaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosty777 View Post
United Public Domain Library has only part of the collection; There's plenty of NBS exclusives not in that collection. I've long lost the ones I had however. In fact, the only exclusives I remember now are Megaton Man (I think it was x rated? But it was pretty mild) & some Young Ones / Comic Strip Presents music disks (Though I guess they could have been acquired by other PD libraries afterwards)

I used to receive regular hard-copy catalogues from NBS back in the day. Don't remember the cat-disk recently posted here though..

For what it's worth..

Edit: I've just noticed IOWtheme posted a pic that showed the discs he had were the UPD discs, lol. So he never had the entire collection after all.
Edit: Sorry for a thousand edits; I was struggling to remember things correctly. I'm finally happy with this post now
Thanks for posting! I have so little time these days it is why I have had faffing around with all this NBS pd stuff.

Yes those United Public Domain CD's are nothing more than a 4 x CD shovelware set, where NBS stuff was included. It is far from complete but better than nothing! IOWtheme claimed to have a pair of Hard Drives that contained a true backup of NBS stuff, not some cd that was cobbled together and bits missed out.

I not only have the UPD Gold original, but the iso's from a couple sources including the Internet Archive and on there it clearly states there are many disks missing from this set!

Ontop of that! I have a bunch of original NBS disks and they all appear to be rare, I am struggling to find any of them anywhere else. Only thing is they are all of adult nature so I think thats why they are not included! I have been repairing errors, or at least trying to and lack of time is a problem at the moment.

There is an Adult section on this forum I will post the list of what I have got.
Then sort out uploading the adfs.
Old 27 October 2020, 18:56   #29
SaruwatariKaito

Send a message via ICQ to SaruwatariKaito
NBS Collection

Hi

I was wondering if anyone has a collection of the nbs disks / and magazines scanned that I can download?

Ade
Old 03 November 2020, 20:01   #30
Collietrainer

ElectroBlaster: Are you still looking for the NBS Cat disk? I have one with the spooky house and black cat label. Also Public Dominator (Diskcat 8), !7 Bit Software and Kadsoft catalogues. All date back to around 1989'ish. I also have quite a few Utilility NBS disks all kept in a disk box with the cellophane half disk wrapper they used to come in.

Last edited by Collietrainer; 03 November 2020 at 20:02. Reason: add name of op to text
Old 04 November 2020, 17:49   #31
rygar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collietrainer View Post
ElectroBlaster: Are you still looking for the NBS Cat disk? I have one with the spooky house and black cat label. Also Public Dominator (Diskcat 8), !7 Bit Software and Kadsoft catalogues. All date back to around 1989'ish. I also have quite a few Utilility NBS disks all kept in a disk box with the cellophane half disk wrapper they used to come in.

Nice find. Please upload it to EAB FTP.
Old 05 November 2020, 14:39   #32
Collietrainer

Nbs - ftp

Quote:
Originally Posted by rygar View Post
Nice find. Please upload it to EAB FTP.
Hi, I am very new to this group returning to the Amiga after years of it laying idle. Consequently I am not sure how to go about this or if its legal !! Is there a help file somewhere on it? I searched for it and from looking around it seems I need to have 50 posts before I can upload anything via FTP.

Amiga 500 + half meg, Philips monitor CM11342, Cumana external drive, Star LC 2400 printer, Quickshot dual controller or Quickjoy Topstar Joystick. Amitek Fusion Genlock.
Old 05 November 2020, 14:43   #33
chip

Yep, you are right .... you need at least 50 posts to upload files on the ftp
Old 05 November 2020, 15:02   #34
Collietrainer

Nbs - ftp

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip View Post
I guess I am going to have to ask how's the weather over there another 48 times ??
Old 05 November 2020, 15:04   #35
chip

Ok !

Let's start then .... how's the weather at your place ?
Old 05 November 2020, 15:07   #36
Exodous

You can upload content to The Zone (at the top right of the page) with less than 50 posts.

See here for more details http://eab.abime.net/faq.php?faq=vb_...ezone_faq_item
Old 05 November 2020, 15:14   #37
Collietrainer

Thanks Exodous will take a look.
Old 05 November 2020, 17:53   #38
stevelord

There's also a UPD iso set up on archive.org in case people don't want to faff with wget: https://archive.org/details/upd-gold
Old 05 November 2020, 19:35   #39
DrBong
HOL / AMR Team Member

Quote:
Is there a help file somewhere on it? I searched for it and from looking around it seems I need to have 50 posts before I can upload anything via FTP.
Quote:
Quote:
I guess I am going to have to ask how's the weather over there another 48 times ??
Quote:
Ok !

Let's start then .... how's the weather at your place ?
This gave me a good chuckle! And the winner of this year's EAB Darwinian comedy award goes to....().

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exodous View Post
You can upload content to The Zone (at the top right of the page) with less than 50 posts.

See here for more details http://eab.abime.net/faq.php?faq=vb_...ezone_faq_item
Finally, hallelujah! Praise the Lord!!!
Old 15 November 2020, 20:19   #40
ElectroBlaster

Quote:
Yes I am still wanting and hunting for all catalogue disks they ever put out!

The UPD set that keeps getting mentioned has a chunk of stuff missing, all the quirky stuff, all the adult and rude humour disks are missing, there appears to be no catalogue disks either.

So thank you hugely if whatever you have is working and you are able to adf it! that is brilliant