Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 24 August 2009, 23:29   #21
prowler
Global Moderator

It's okay, I knew what he meant.
Old 26 August 2009, 13:35   #22
lost_lemming

Question

so i've installed the AGA indivision thingy ok, with the cable going through a punch out thing at the back-right of the amiga

but im strugging to put it back together, i also cut my self of the sardine can style flappy thingies, it's all very sharp

anyway, got to this thing. Basically, what is it? cause the aga indivsion won't let me put one of its feet down

sorry i had to MSpaint it, battery run out on my camara
Old 26 August 2009, 14:07   #23
Jope
-

Hard drive tray.
Old 26 August 2009, 14:14   #24
lost_lemming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jope View Post
Hard drive tray.
ahright i see, so It doesn't matter putting it back on no?
I thought it was just to hold the case up or something.
Old 26 August 2009, 17:03   #25
lost_lemming

well i've ignored the hardisk tray. I wondering if it's cuasing the picture to look like this?? it flickers a bit and it's off center
Old 26 August 2009, 18:03   #26
lost_lemming

ioh and just so you know

1280 x 1024 is the resolution of this flatscreen

for some reason i can't get the last couple of inches of the bottom no matter how much i tweak the settings on the monitor it self

Last edited by lost_lemming; 26 August 2009 at 18:22.
Old 26 August 2009, 19:29   #27
illy5603

Send a message via MSN to illy5603
Assuming it is seated correctly (it takes some pressing down and possibly some light sanding on the socket) try:

Your monitor should have a spec sheet somewhere that says what it expects as far as hor/ver settings at 1024X768. Try switching the settings in user mode around on the indi config module until they are close.

My only complaint with the Indivision Utility is that you can't just TYPE IN what the mfgr is expecting, you have to use sliders which never end up making both settings entirely accurate. It usually works first go on most monitors with default settings but some flat screens with TV's built into them and really new wide screen units give me all kinds of fits.
Old 26 August 2009, 20:35   #28
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_lemming View Post
well i've ignored the hardisk tray. I wondering if it's cuasing the picture to look like this?? it flickers a bit and it's off center
Don't worry about the lack of hard disk tray (or hard disk cradle, as it is properly known). That is definitely not the cause of your picture problems.

Tip: Do not throw this item away in case you wish to add a hard drive to your A1200 at some point later on. Even if you don't ever want a hard drive, it would add to the resale value of your Amiga, should you ever wish to part with it. In any case, these are sought after by other users who are looking to upgrade their A1200s by adding a hard drive.
Old 26 August 2009, 21:44   #29
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
ioh and just so you know

1280 x 1024 is the resolution of this flatscreen

for some reason i can't get the last couple of inches of the bottom no matter how much i tweak the settings on the monitor it self
I'm wondering whether this is a PAL/NTSC problem.

See this post by Thomas in this thread in connection with a similar display problem.

Edit: Can you move the mouse pointer all the way to the bottom of the screen?

Last edited by prowler; 26 August 2009 at 23:38.
Old 26 August 2009, 23:26   #30
lost_lemming

Quote:
Originally Posted by illy5603 View Post
Assuming it is seated correctly (it takes some pressing down and possibly some light sanding on the socket)
Yeah it's defiently pressed in allright, used to thumbs all over the thing, and heard it clunk and then double checked. it felt a little painfull going on though, like more of a crusty sound followed by a clunk rather than just - clunk.

Quote:
try:

Your monitor should have a spec sheet somewhere that says what it expects as far as hor/ver settings at 1024X768. Try switching the settings in user mode around on the indi config module until they are close.
I lost the manuel ages ago, but I found this from the net
Horizontal: 22to 80kHz
Vertical: 59 to 75Hz

this indi config module... I'm gonna sound like a total brainless soul now but what is that? the leaflet I got with this points me to http://www.icomp.de/ I downloaded that thing from the support, it's a like a rar file, well no it's something else, .IHA and as I was looking at the files, nothing happened, am I supposed to some how get those files onto an amiga formatted floppy? It asks me what programs I want to open .bin with I have no idea haha. I read the readme with word and it's talking about flashing, I just don't have any idea really

the settings my monitor has are colour settings, a volume setting, vertical / horrizontal settings. something called 'clock' and something else called 'phase' I was messing about with all it had to offer. to be honest I think this monitor is a load of rubbish!! I hear about everyone elses flatscreen monitors here and it sseems like it's got 100 more option than my silly CTX one.

Quote:
My only complaint with the Indivision Utility is that you can't just TYPE IN what the mfgr is expecting, you have to use sliders which never end up making both settings entirely accurate. It usually works first go on most monitors with default settings but some flat screens with TV's built into them and really new wide screen units give me all kinds of fits.
Old 26 August 2009, 23:28   #31
lost_lemming

@ prowler. okay don't worry, not thrown it away
Old 26 August 2009, 23:34   #32
illy5603

I ended up getting my monitor to work with the default modes for the Indivision AGA by using a tool called "Screentest" from aminet. My big problem was with blurriness every few pixels and used the "moire" pattern to find which pixel clock / phase combo made the blur go away. I ended up with the following for my monitor (YMMV)

Phase: 62
Pixel Clock: 69
H - Pos: 43
V - Pos: 47

I also had to fiddle with the screen centering on the overscan prefs to get it right.

The config and flash tools are here: http://icomp.de/t/bin/Indivision_Config_V122.lha
Old 26 August 2009, 23:49   #33
lost_lemming

Quote:

The config and flash tools are here: http://icomp.de/t/bin/Indivision_Config_V122.lha
yeah I know, I've got them, and I just don't see why my windows PC would want them, how are they anything to do with the amiga? if anything I should be downloading files onto the amiga but that' just not possible
Old 27 August 2009, 00:11   #34
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
yeah I know, I've got them, and I just don't see why my windows PC would want them, how are they anything to do with the amiga? if anything I should be downloading files onto the amiga but that' just not possible
It is possible to download Amiga files on your Windows PC and transfer them to your Amiga via 720K DOS-formatted floppy disks if you have an additional (external) floppy drive for use with your Amiga, or if you had a hard drive installed.
Old 27 August 2009, 00:59   #35
illy5603

Quote:
Sorry, I assumed you had already sorted out the part about getting files on to your Amiga. You aren't going to be able to do much until that gets sorted.

You can use floppies but I prefer to use PCMCIA / Compact Flash adapter and card combo, you can find more info on that from Amigakit and they will ship it with the drivers etc.

I download stuff from my PC laptop to compact flash card in the PCMCIA adapter, pop it out and put it in my 1200 and go.

*EDIT* wait, you have the indivision AGA right? The disk that came with it should have the config tool on it.
Old 27 August 2009, 13:00   #36
lost_lemming

Heyyyy! it's all okay now

guess what it was! Well I took it apart again, didn't take the tin-can thing off but I pressed (evenly) down again on below where the AGA is, and I heard a louder sounding CLUNK, it was obvious by the sound it just wasn't quite in! It's all fine now.

annoying thing now is thought alot of my old A500 games aren't running on the A1200 but I guess that's normal.
Old 27 August 2009, 13:01   #37
lost_lemming

oh and thanks for the support guys appreciate that
Old 27 August 2009, 17:21   #38
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Heyyyy! it's all okay now
Well done, lost_lemming! It's good to hear you've got it working.

Quote:
Well I took it apart again, didn't take the tin-can thing off but I pressed (evenly) down again on below where the AGA is, and I heard a louder sounding CLUNK, it was obvious by the sound it just wasn't quite in! It's all fine now.
I like the crude but effective troubleshooting technique.

Quote:
annoying thing now is thought alot of my old A500 games aren't running on the A1200 but I guess that's normal.
Don't worry. That's perfectly normal.