English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 27 December 2019, 22:49   #3581
BULI

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMike View Post
Have to test - will post the result here.

When I set sound to Paula (8bit DMA), I have about 50-46 FPS, and sound in intro/movie is perfect synchronized
Old 28 December 2019, 15:03   #3582
Cowcat

Added devilutionx 8bit build to releases. Yep, crashes on exit too.
Probably a thread about that should be done (admins?)
Old 28 December 2019, 16:01   #3583
Hedeon
Semi-Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowcat View Post
Added devilutionx 8bit build to releases. Yep, crashes on exit too.
Probably a thread about that should be done (admins?)
Works quite cool (the 16 bit version)!

Number of things:

asks for proc:
warning that it cannot create t: (not owner)

Runs at a balmy 45-55 fps on my 450MHz G4.

Doesnt't crash on exit...just doesn't...exit. LAmiga-M works and i can run other 68k or PPC stuff.

Other stuff now complains that it cannot open AHI, so the error must be somewhere before releasing audio.
Old 28 December 2019, 16:15   #3584
Cowcat

Quote:
just doesn't...exit
I think this too, but same code build on a debian system has some library errors when exit. Older (weeks ago) github versions did exit good.

Amiga paths are wrong but original Amiga Diablo developers know.

Maybe a "Shameless ppc diablo" or "Unapologetic warped demons" thread on coders/general ?

edit:
Quote:
Other stuff now complains that it cannot open AHI, ...
Could be anything. Still poking things around.
Old 29 December 2019, 01:54   #3585
Apollon

is there a way around the ram deficit of the Killer NIC cards?
Old 29 December 2019, 03:25   #3586
grelbfarlk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollon View Post
is there a way around the ram deficit of the Killer NIC cards?
They "should" be upgradeable to 128MB if you buy the right chips (not the wrong ones I bought) and are ok with BGA soldering. Also send an upgraded card to Hedeon to update the library.
Old 29 December 2019, 16:30   #3587
Apollon

Quote:
Originally Posted by grelbfarlk View Post
They "should" be upgradeable to 128MB if you buy the right chips (not the wrong ones I bought) and are ok with BGA soldering. Also send an upgraded card to Hedeon to update the library.
has this been successfully tested? will there be 128MB for all applications?
Old 29 December 2019, 17:00   #3588
trixster
Guru Meditating

No one has tested yet - be the first!
Old 29 December 2019, 19:46   #3589
BULI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedeon View Post
Works quite cool (the 16 bit version)!

Number of things:

asks for proc:
warning that it cannot create t: (not owner)

Runs at a balmy 45-55 fps on my 450MHz G4.

Doesnt't crash on exit...just doesn't...exit. LAmiga-M works and i can run other 68k or PPC stuff.

Other stuff now complains that it cannot open AHI, so the error must be somewhere before releasing audio.

After little update my settings in system on Ragnarok, I have (16bit version):
37-33 FPS sound via SoundBlastera
55-51 FPS sound via Paula
Old 02 January 2020, 18:15   #3590
jbenam
Italian Amiga Zealot

Quote:
Where did you test the voltages, on a drive connector? Two good places to test are the cap on the edge of the A4000 motherboard next to the last SIMM socket and on the Ramix board itself.
Or it really could just be a dodgy V3, that would account for the display corruption.
Tried with an ATX Power supply, still same issues. Tried with a Radeon 9200, same issues

I've tested the +5V on the cap near the last SIMM connector and it's usually 4.87V, but sometimes it dips to 3.70V for a second or so. Never when initialising the card though, just randomly. When running StartPPC, it crashes almost immediately.
Old 03 January 2020, 03:49   #3591
grelbfarlk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbenam View Post
Tried with an ATX Power supply, still same issues. Tried with a Radeon 9200, same issues

I've tested the +5V on the cap near the last SIMM connector and it's usually 4.87V, but sometimes it dips to 3.70V for a second or so. Never when initialising the card though, just randomly. When running StartPPC, it crashes almost immediately.
This should not happen. I'm not necessarily saying your power supply is at fault, it could be the connector to the PSU on the motherboard replace it or clean it so it's shiny on the mating surfaces. Or if the female connectors are stretched, de-stretchify them. 4.87V is fine but it should not be dropping down to 3.7V. Or possibly there's some other factor at play like bad grounding, or ... or... something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollon View Post
has this been successfully tested? will there be 128MB for all applications?
Sure there would be 128MB for all applications. But I would like to emphasize unless you want to contribute some edits to the git, that you need to send Hedeon a card to update the library to support it (detect and add the extra memory).
Old 03 January 2020, 21:09   #3592
trixster
Guru Meditating

http://www.amibay.com/showthread.php...606#post964606

Looks like profiteering to me, especially now he’s revealed it’s the 128mb card, not a 256mb one, so it’s no different to the ones selling on eBay for less than £50 only 2 months ago....
Old 03 January 2020, 21:19   #3593
Timtheloon

Dam how did I miss them on eBay haha

Thing is I don’t know what to search for on eBay because they are not officially called “Apocalypse” are they

I was considered buying one of these too

But I’m happy with the sonnet
Old 04 January 2020, 02:07   #3594
grelbfarlk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timtheloon View Post
Dam how did I miss them on eBay haha

Thing is I don’t know what to search for on eBay because they are not officially called “Apocalypse” are they

I was considered buying one of these too

But I’m happy with the sonnet
You aren't missing much going to Apocalypse honestly. I mean if you have a Sonnet 400-1MB L2, the difference in actual performance for most stuff isn't that great versus the Apocalypse. The Sonnet has been one of the most stable supported boards. And I believe that it uses the least amount of power next to the KillerNICs. And there are little niceties with it still like "Speedhack".

But you can upgrade the Apocalypse to 256MB and probably 512MB if more RAM is needed. In some situations the Apocalypse is much faster than the Sonnet and sometimes as fast as the Ragnarok. And I don't think the full 2MB of L2 is working yet, that might prove very useful in certain applications.
Old 09 January 2020, 03:04   #3595
Joe

Sonnet Crescendo 7200 Issue

Quote:
Hi Joe,
Have you tried setting envarc:sonnet/SetCMemDiv=5 (slowest setting)? Others have mentioned in the past that regardless of what was supposed to be on the board, they needed to set this to slowest to be stable. Unfortunately I upgraded both of my Sonnets to 250MHz so I can't really test this any more (other than crashing it by setting it too fast).
Hi Grelbfarlk,

I not tried this option yet but I will try. Next thing is that when I boot and then start Sonnet with Jack3D system, everything working fine and anytime, no PowerPC Exception. He has only BB1+BB2 installed not BB3-BB4. So there might be a problem, what do you thing? I thing there might be caused by some patches or some tools as SetPatch, IPrefs, 060 library ant etc. . What do you think about this Grelbfarlk, Hedeon?

Can we update document on project website and write there what versions of system library 060, Setpatch, IPrefs and etc. working correctly on Amigas?

Regards,

JOE
Old 09 January 2020, 04:23   #3596
grelbfarlk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Hi Grelbfarlk,

I not tried this option yet but I will try. Next thing is that when I boot and then start Sonnet with Jack3D system, everything working fine and anytime, no PowerPC Exception. He has only BB1+BB2 installed not BB3-BB4. So there might be a problem, what do you thing? I thing there might be caused by some patches or some tools as SetPatch, IPrefs, 060 library ant etc. . What do you think about this Grelbfarlk, Hedeon?

Can we update document on project website and write there what versions of system library 060, Setpatch, IPrefs and etc. working correctly on Amigas?

Regards,

JOE
While this page is sorely out of date, it has mostly the same information, 060 versions and such.

https://github.com/Sakura-IT/SonnetA...ki/Good-Config
We could probably use quite a few more examples, from people running specific stable configs, rather than me just swapping different cards in the same system and running for an hour or two. People using more or less the same stable configuration for a longer period of time might be more helpful.
Old 09 January 2020, 16:53   #3597
Hedeon
Semi-Retired

I have a very out of date BB4 installation (somewhere in the 0.9f range) and some stuff actually in my physical ROM. Most errors come from cache settings on the 68K side which are handled (i think) by the 060 library. Except maybe for the THOR libraries where it is off-loaded to mmu.library?

At least you could verify what the problem was. You could still update your BB2 install now up to BB4 one component at the time.
Old 09 January 2020, 19:25   #3598
BULI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedeon View Post
I have a very out of date BB4 installation (somewhere in the 0.9f range) and some stuff actually in my physical ROM. Most errors come from cache settings on the 68K side which are handled (i think) by the 060 library. Except maybe for the THOR libraries where it is off-loaded to mmu.library?

At least you could verify what the problem was. You could still update your BB2 install now up to BB4 one component at the time.

On my system (->BB4, Ragnarok) I don't use MMU libs from Thor, but I use Oxypatcher.
Example, without Oxypather WipeOut has problem and make PPC Excepion

Last edited by BULI; 09 January 2020 at 19:59.
Old 09 January 2020, 20:10   #3599
k0x

I think Apocalypse userbase will explode in next few days thanks to trixster
Old 09 January 2020, 22:09   #3600
BULI

Real DVD on my A4000 PPC (Ragnarok):

[ Show youtube player ]