English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 11 August 2019, 23:15   #341
wiz12

Looking forward to 1.4.0. WBDock looks nice too, I wonder can we edit it's on screen position and it's program list?
Old 12 August 2019, 08:37   #342
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz12 View Post
Looking forward to 1.4.0. WBDock looks nice too, I wonder can we edit it's on screen position and it's program list?
WBDock is very easy to use thanks to Thomas. You just click the bar on the left to activate/give focus to WBDock, then right click selecting "Add item", "Move", "Remove" or "Replace". Otherwise just use a text editor to change it's wbdock.config located next to WBDock (currently in WBStartup). The order in the wbdock.config defines the order in of items in the dock.
Old 12 August 2019, 22:21   #343
cyberhead97

I did a few tests with FS-UAE v3.0.0 today and discovered this didn't work at all. So I spend some time today adding support FS-UAE v3.0.0 and fixed some issues with Read-Only flag set on adf files, which FS-UAE doesn't like. This did also result in more fixes I discovered when testing FS-UAE.

Good news I have started building the self install images for the release
Old 13 August 2019, 13:08   #344
cyberhead97

HstWB Installer v1.4.0 final is now released at https://hstwb.firstrealize.com with following new downloads available:

HstWB Installer with packages:
  • HstWB Installer v1.4.0 Portable with packages

HstWB Installer without packages:
  • HstWB Installer v1.4.0 Portable without packages

HstWB package and user package installation:
  • HstWB Package Installation v1.4.0
  • HstWB User Package Installation v1.4.0

Prebuild self install images for Amiga's, WinUAE and FS-UAE emulators supporting RDB:
  • 4GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.4.0
  • 8GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.4.0
  • 16GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.4.0
  • 32GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.4.0
  • 64GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.4.0
  • 128GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.4.0

Prebuild self install images for Amiberry, UAE4ARM, UAE4ALL, UAE4ALL2 emulators that doesn't support RDB:
  • UAE4ALL HstWB self install HDF image v1.4.0 (HDF files DH1, DH2, DH3 and DH4 requires surfaces is set to 2. Some Amiga emulators doesn't support this!)
  • UAE4ARM HstWB self install HDF image v1.4.0

v1.4.0 includes following changes compared to v1.3.0:
  • Replaced mount adf with virtual floppy and copy adf to solve object in use errors.
  • Fixed install kickstart rom for install mode.
  • Update package filtering and install packages when changing amiga os dir using install mode.
  • Added Amiga OS 3.1.4.1 installation from adf.
  • Added patch Amiga OS 3.1.4.1 script to enable switching between Kickstart 3.1 and Kickstart 3.1.4.
  • Added Amiga OS 3.1.4.1 update to self install Amiga OS installation menu.
  • Updated run script to copy disk.info to dh1: after package installation is complete.
  • Added help option to glow icons.
  • Added copy alias to use buffer 10 for copy operations.
  • Updated run script to set Kickstart rom for use configuration files.
  • Corrected names for Amiga OS entries.
  • Fixed install glow icons for Amiga OS 3.1.4 with restore option.
  • Added urls as part of hstwb image setup.
  • Added additional Amiga OS 3.1.4 adf md5 checksums.
  • Added FS-UAE 3.0.0 support and remove is read only from Kickstart rom and Amiga OS adf files. This is mostly for HstWB Installer running install mode.
  • Updated hstwb image setup script to write warnings instead of errors and exit and added detect self install image.
  • Updated FS-UAE to write logs in image subdir.

This is the big release for ClassicWB users wanting use it with Amiga OS 3.1.4. All ClassicWB packages comes with support for Amiga OS 3.1.4 and 3.1.4.1 update.

HstWB Installer comes with following ClassicWB packages:
  • ClassicWB 68K.
  • ClassicWB ADV.
  • ClassicWB ADVSP.
  • ClassicWB FULL.
  • ClassicWB GAAE.
  • ClassicWB LITE.
  • ClassicWB OS39.
  • ClassicWB P96.

Now it's about time to give Raspberry Pi some attention as I haven't made a release of HstWB Installer for Amibian users for some time now. I have a working setup for RetroPie, so this will cover both Amibian and Retropie. My plan is to offer modified images with HstWB Installer preconfigured and also have install scripts that can add HstWB Installer to an existing Amibian or RetroPie setup.

Enjoy the updated ClassicWB packages and please report any issues
Old 13 August 2019, 16:03   #345
symbios24

Hi,will the raspberry pi version work in the new raspberry pi 4 ?
also can you add in the bonus pack more emulators like amstrad,atari st. etc
and is it possible to have the bonus pack visible to the menu so it can installed easy?
in version 1.4 its not there i have manual to type getbonuspack in command line to get it.

Last edited by symbios24; 13 August 2019 at 16:45.
Old 13 August 2019, 17:08   #346
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by symbios24 View Post
Hi,will the raspberry pi version work in the new raspberry pi 4 ?
also can you add in the bonus pack more emulators like amstrad,atari st. etc
and is it possible to have the bonus pack visible to the menu so it can installed easy?
in version 1.4 its not there i have manual to type getbonuspack in command line to get it.
HstWB Installer just requires an Amiga emulator, so I should be able to run on both Raspberry Pi 3 and 4.

I would prefer to keep HstWB Installer focused on Amiga without much other retro emulator involved. It will be possible to install HstWB Installer on an existing running Raspberry Pi image such as Amibian and RetroPie. Then you could have an image preinstalled with other emulators and bonus packs and install HstWB on top of it
Old 13 August 2019, 18:27   #347
symbios24

Raspberry Pi

they will be instructions to install hstwb installer in Retropie or amibian?
Old 13 August 2019, 19:06   #348
cyberhead97

Quote:
they will be instructions to install hstwb installer in Retropie or amibian?
Yes for both
Old 14 August 2019, 00:03   #349
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Which option do I use to make it look like this?

Old 14 August 2019, 06:17   #350
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma776 View Post
Which option do I use to make it look like this?

Thats ClassicWB OS39 with Retro theme
Old 14 August 2019, 13:45   #351
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberhead97 View Post
Thats ClassicWB OS39 with Retro theme
That would explain it, thought it was 3.1.4 gone through building an image 3 times now and always ended up with the ugly looking icons, how come the classicwb icons won't show for 3.1.4?
Old 16 August 2019, 14:37   #352
frozen

When installing classicwb os39 whit os 3.1.4.1 maybe we need reaction? Because a lot of programs of Run bar wont start at all.
Old 17 August 2019, 02:22   #353
thea1ien

Issue with v1.4.0

I seem to be having an issue with HstWB v1.4.0 using Install mode. It looks like everything completes with the WB and Package installation. However afterwards, if I run either config files for WinUAE or FS-UAE A1200, it will launch but just get a blank screen, with the top menu bar showing "Amiga Workbench". However no icons show up.
Settings which I am using:
Mode: Install
using Image option #6 (8GB), which I create a folder called "amiga image".
Amiga OS: 3.1.4 (with the update to 3.1.4.1)
Amiga Kickstarts: 3.1.4
Packages: BestWB, EAB Demos and Games AGA Menus

When the installer is run, it completes the AmigaOS install, restarts UAE, then installs the packages).
After when I try to run is where I just get the blank workbench screen.

(Update: I've run with no startup-sequence and manually tried to run the commands. I can get up to LoadWB but get "invalid resident library"
Old 18 August 2019, 10:42   #354
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by thea1ien View Post
I seem to be having an issue with HstWB v1.4.0 using Install mode. It looks like everything completes with the WB and Package installation. However afterwards, if I run either config files for WinUAE or FS-UAE A1200, it will launch but just get a blank screen, with the top menu bar showing "Amiga Workbench". However no icons show up.
Settings which I am using:
Mode: Install
using Image option #6 (8GB), which I create a folder called "amiga image".
Amiga OS: 3.1.4 (with the update to 3.1.4.1)
Amiga Kickstarts: 3.1.4
Packages: BestWB, EAB Demos and Games AGA Menus

When the installer is run, it completes the AmigaOS install, restarts UAE, then installs the packages).
After when I try to run is where I just get the blank workbench screen.

(Update: I've run with no startup-sequence and manually tried to run the commands. I can get up to LoadWB but get "invalid resident library"
Darn, I thought I had tried all the different combinations. I tried with the same settings as you assuming you use HstWB Installer setup and not a self install image.

When I get to BestWB 1.2 installation, if fails with copy returning code 20, so I will look into this.

The odd part is if I use Kickstart rom v3.1 during installation, it works fine going smoothly through Amiga OS, Kickstart and Packages installation. The image also runs fine afterwards with Kickstart rom v3.1.4.
Old 18 August 2019, 10:44   #355
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by frozen View Post
When installing classicwb os39 whit os 3.1.4.1 maybe we need reaction? Because a lot of programs of Run bar wont start at all.
Amiga OS 3.1.4 doesn't contain ReAction as it's only available with Amiga OS 3.9. I must admit I haven't tried many programs through the run menu.

I will look into it to see if I can make it work without ReAction for Amiga OS 3.1.4.
Old 19 August 2019, 17:14   #356
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberhead97 View Post
Darn, I thought I had tried all the different combinations. I tried with the same settings as you assuming you use HstWB Installer setup and not a self install image.

When I get to BestWB 1.2 installation, if fails with copy returning code 20, so I will look into this.

The odd part is if I use Kickstart rom v3.1 during installation, it works fine going smoothly through Amiga OS, Kickstart and Packages installation. The image also runs fine afterwards with Kickstart rom v3.1.4.
There is no workbench.library in the 3.1.4 roms and needs to be sourced from the disks unlike 3.1 which has workbench.library in rom its the same as the 3.X rom from Cloanto.
Old 23 August 2019, 16:33   #357
cyberhead97

During the last two week I have been fixing issues with BestWB, ClassicWB OS39 and use Kickstart 3.1.4 for self install. These fixes will be part of HstWB Installer v1.4.1.

Installing BestWB v1.2 resulted in copy fail returncode 20, which was caused by 2 missing files in BestWB package. This has been added to BestWB v1.2.1.

Amiga OS 3.1.4 with ClassicWB OS39 installed had many button in Run menus, that didn't work due to missing WBRun. These files has been added to ClassicWB OS39 v28.1.1.

I spend most time fixing issues when using Kickstart rom 3.1.4 and did many self install tests mixing Kickstart rom 3.1.4 and 3.1 with Amiga OS 3.9, 3.1.4 and 3.1 to discover and fix those.

As a result I discovered the following:
  • Kickstart rom 3.1.4 can only be used to install Amiga OS 3.1.4.
  • Kickstart rom 3.1 can be used to install Amiga OS 3.9, 3.1.4 and 3.1.

So the Amiga OS Installation menu shown during using self install images have been updated to prevent Amiga OS 3.9 and 3.1 from being installed, when using Kickstart rom 3.1.4.
The setup and run scripts are also being updated to ensure Kickstart rom 3.1.4 can only be used to install Amiga OS 3.1.4.

Some oddities with Amiga OS installation menu have also been fixed, where it would pre-select Boing bags 1 & 2 and Amiga OS 3.1.4 Icon pack and update to "Install" without Amiga OS 3.9 or 3.1.4 being pre-selected. This was only an issue when "amigaos" directory contained multiple Amiga OS versions like Amiga OS 3.9 iso, Amiga OS 3.1.4 and 3.1 adf files.

I will start releasing HstWB Installer v1.4.1 during the weekend.
Old 26 August 2019, 21:59   #358
cyberhead97

HstWB Installer v1.4.1 is now released at https://hstwb.firstrealize.com with following new downloads available:

HstWB Installer with packages:
  • HstWB Installer v1.4.1 Portable with packages

HstWB Installer without packages:
  • HstWB Installer v1.4.1 Portable without packages

HstWB package and user package installation:
  • HstWB Package Installation v1.4.1
  • HstWB User Package Installation v1.4.1

Prebuild self install images for Amiga's, WinUAE and FS-UAE emulators supporting RDB:
  • 4GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.4.1
  • 8GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.4.1
  • 16GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.4.1
  • 32GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.4.1
  • 64GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.4.1
  • 128GB HstWB self install HDF image v1.4.1

Prebuild self install images for Amiberry, UAE4ARM, UAE4ALL, UAE4ALL2 emulators that doesn't support RDB:
  • UAE4ALL HstWB self install HDF image v1.4.1 (HDF files DH1, DH2, DH3 and DH4 requires surfaces is set to 2. Some Amiga emulators doesn't support this!)
  • UAE4ARM HstWB self install HDF image v1.4.1

v1.4.1 includes following changes compared to v1.4.0:
  • Fixed hstwb image setup patch only, reduced output and updated readme's.
  • Fixed self install amiga os menu selecting default amiga os and files.
  • Added supported amiga os versions check for packages.
  • Updated run script to build all amiga os versions menus for package installation. This fixes detect amiga os issues not showing correct filtering as it's menu didn't exist.
  • Updated install amiga os to write installed version in prefs.
  • Improved amiga os detection with added version.library check.
  • Added classic gaae to hstwb repositories json for updating packages.
  • Updated self install amiga os installation menu to prevent amiga os 3.9 and 3.1 from being installed when using kickstart 3.1.4 due to issues mixing amiga os and kickstart.
  • Updated detect amiga os to not allow mixed kickstart 3.1.4 and amiga os 3.1.
  • Updated run and setup scripts to ensure kickstart 3.1.4 can only be used to install amiga os 3.1.4.
  • Improved amiga os and kickstart installation n/a options with descriptions.
  • Updated hstwb packages json for updating packages.

This release fixes the issues with installing BestWB 1.2 using Kickstart rom 3.1.4. It's also fixes the "Run" menus for ClassicWB OS39 installed with Amiga OS 3.1.4, which was missing WBRun.

Again a lot of testing delayed the release, but it's released now and should finally enable ClassicWB with Amiga OS 3.1.4 and 3.1.4.1.

Have fun with the release and please report any issues
Old 27 August 2019, 08:07   #359
symbios24

Hello there is the Raspberry pi version coming soon?
Old 27 August 2019, 08:33   #360
cyberhead97

Quote:
Hello there is the Raspberry pi version coming soon?
Yes, I'm working on it .