English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 25 June 2018, 10:23   #281
wairnair

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickGyver View Post
That would be 44€ with airmail shipping, same price for entire Europe. Should I add you to my list?
Yes, please do. Thanks!
Old 28 June 2018, 10:14   #282
Twiggy
\m/

Amazing work! Keep it up! \m/
Old 28 June 2018, 12:28   #283
scoopex

interestet in 2 Full-Kit´s
Old 28 June 2018, 15:55   #284
LoneWolf

Interested in the Assembled and tested gamepad. Please message me the payment info when you have a chance.
Old 28 June 2018, 16:18   #285
x56h34

How much for a fully assembled pad with shipping to Toronto, Ontario, Canada?

Thanks.
Old 28 June 2018, 22:48   #286
bonoedgey

I am getting excited with everyone's good comments on it.. I wonder where I am on the list.. Just watched one of Dan Wood's videos and he had one.. looked pretty sweet

Old 29 June 2018, 11:07   #287
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by wairnair View Post
Yes, please do. Thanks!
Done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggy View Post
Amazing work! Keep it up! \m/
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoopex View Post
interestet in 2 Full-Kit´s
Cool, I have added you to my list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolf View Post
Interested in the Assembled and tested gamepad. Please message me the payment info when you have a chance.
10-4, I have added you to my list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by x56h34 View Post
How much for a fully assembled pad with shipping to Toronto, Ontario, Canada?

Thanks.
That would be 55€ including express shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonoedgey View Post
I am getting excited with everyone's good comments on it.. I wonder where I am on the list.. Just watched one of Dan Wood's videos and he had one.. looked pretty sweet
You are lucky number 13!
Old 29 June 2018, 11:36   #288
str0m

Have I moved up the list? Think I also saw the same video which reminded me!
Old 29 June 2018, 11:39   #289
kriz

Nice stuff, how long waiting list is it now and do you pay before getting them or when you send them ? Thanks..
Old 29 June 2018, 16:16   #290
LoneWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickGyver View Post
Done!

Cool, I have added you to my list!

10-4, I have added you to my list!

Awesome thanks!
Old 30 June 2018, 14:34   #291
strygo

Hi there! I'm interested in one fully assembled controller. Thank you!
Old 30 June 2018, 16:40   #292
lmimmfn

Also interested in an Assembled and Tested one, message me for payment etc. Thanks
Old 02 July 2018, 00:10   #293
phantomphanatic

Hi MickGyver, sorry about not getting back to you earlier. Yes I'm still interested in a tested pad. Would be great if you could add me to the list.
Thanks
Old 02 July 2018, 22:13   #294
Daedalus

@MickGyver

Thanks for the kit, received and built It's a very well presented kit, well done! 2-button mode works perfectly here (A1200 1D4), but I'm having a slight problem with it in CD32 mode. The buttons seem jittery and shifted slightly, almost as if the timing was off. For example, pressing pause will cause the response to flicker between left shoulder button and pause, left shoulder button will flicker to right shoulder button and so on. It's as if the readings are shifted half a clock pulse late. I was trying this with my own test software, so just in case it was me I tried Systest and JoyPortTest and found they're also doing the same thing. Red and blue continue to work fine in CD32 pad mode.

To investigate I connected up my scope... only to find that it worked perfectly with the probe connected to pin 6. Obviously the probe will only present a very small load, but there must be something in it (impedance, capacitance or both?) that's just enough to drag the timing into spec. Any thoughts on what might be happening?

Edit: I've tried it on an A500 with Systest and it's working fine, so it appears my A1200 is a little funky after all, but in a different way to the button 2 thing that lots of other people are seeing... Damn Amigas!

Last edited by Daedalus; 02 July 2018 at 22:53.
Old 03 July 2018, 00:08   #295
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
@MickGyver

Thanks for the kit, received and built It's a very well presented kit, well done! 2-button mode works perfectly here (A1200 1D4), but I'm having a slight problem with it in CD32 mode. The buttons seem jittery and shifted slightly, almost as if the timing was off. For example, pressing pause will cause the response to flicker between left shoulder button and pause, left shoulder button will flicker to right shoulder button and so on. It's as if the readings are shifted half a clock pulse late. I was trying this with my own test software, so just in case it was me I tried Systest and JoyPortTest and found they're also doing the same thing. Red and blue continue to work fine in CD32 pad mode.

To investigate I connected up my scope... only to find that it worked perfectly with the probe connected to pin 6. Obviously the probe will only present a very small load, but there must be something in it (impedance, capacitance or both?) that's just enough to drag the timing into spec. Any thoughts on what might be happening?

Edit: I've tried it on an A500 with Systest and it's working fine, so it appears my A1200 is a little funky after all, but in a different way to the button 2 thing that lots of other people are seeing... Damn Amigas!
Sorry to hear it's not working for you.

I don't know the reason for the problem, but it seems to affect some A1200 machines. I recently borrowed an 1D4 machine and the gamepad was working perfectly on that (I wished it wouldn't have). It is confirmed working on some 1D4 machines but not on others.

It probably has something to do with signal integrity, maybe the capacitance of the scope probe is enough to make it work on your machine. I don't have access to an A1200 that the gamepad is not working on so I haven't been able to do much troubleshooting. I was hoping it wouldn't have worked on the 1D4 I borrowed.

You could try piggybacking the other 22pF to C9 if you already didn't do that (or replace C9 with a 47pF cap), alternatively add a 22pf between pin 6 and ground.

A1200/A600 machines have 68ohm resistors for pins 5,6 and 9 instead of ferrites (all other Amigas have ferrites, which I guess is better for signal integrity).

Since you have the skillz and an A1200 that the gamepad is not working on, you could provide very useful troubleshoting information if you are willing to help me.

Last edited by MickGyver; 03 July 2018 at 11:53.
Old 03 July 2018, 11:32   #296
Daedalus

Absolutely, I'd be very happy to help if I can. I had intended to grab some waveforms to send you, but the scope had other ideas I tried piggybacking the second 22pF capacitor at C9, but I can try adding various capacitors and resistors across pin 6 to see how it reacts.
Old 03 July 2018, 13:43   #297
mcflyio

Hi,

My pad arrived over the weekend and it works on my CD32 perfectly.

It is an absolute delight to use and I am over the moon with it!

Thank you so much Mick, amazing work

Old 04 July 2018, 08:53   #298
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by str0m View Post
Have I moved up the list? Think I also saw the same video which reminded me!
Yep, you are number 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriz View Post
Nice stuff, how long waiting list is it now and do you pay before getting them or when you send them ? Thanks..
The list is not too long but I can't really estimate how much time I have to assemble controllers. I don't accept any payment before I have a controller ready, I add you to my list and will contact you when I have a controller ready for shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strygo View Post
Hi there! I'm interested in one fully assembled controller. Thank you!
Ok, I added you to my list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmimmfn View Post
Also interested in an Assembled and Tested one, message me for payment etc. Thanks
I added you to my list and will be in contact later!

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomphanatic View Post
Hi MickGyver, sorry about not getting back to you earlier. Yes I'm still interested in a tested pad. Would be great if you could add me to the list.
Thanks
I added you to my list already when I got your first message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcflyio View Post
Hi,

My pad arrived over the weekend and it works on my CD32 perfectly.

It is an absolute delight to use and I am over the moon with it!

Thank you so much Mick, amazing work
Nice, glad to hear that, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
Absolutely, I'd be very happy to help if I can. I had intended to grab some waveforms to send you, but the scope had other ideas I tried piggybacking the second 22pF capacitor at C9, but I can try adding various capacitors and resistors across pin 6 to see how it reacts.
Thank you, much appreciated! Do you have another power supply to try? I had problems when developing the KTRL before I recapped my power supply.
Old 04 July 2018, 18:57   #299
MarkBogaard

Hi, I hope I haven’t been forgotten. My cd32 is coming back from a recap this week and would love to stop using the crappy PlayStation converter haha
Old 04 July 2018, 19:36   #300
thairacerjp

I MickGyver ! and congratulation for your nice product success , I have a psx with converter and a crappy Amipad32 , did I will have more satisfaction with your pad ? I think yes but can you tell me the advantage ? (multi buttons, setup), thanks !! , it's for CD32, any compatibility problem ?
jean