English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware > Hardware mods

Old 20 December 2017, 22:26   #2281
alenppc

I was referring to the TF328 wiki, but I assume the compatibility will be the same. It has been so far, in my experience.
Old 20 December 2017, 22:33   #2282
8 Bit Dreams
Retro maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenppc View Post
I was referring to the TF328 wiki, but I assume the compatibility will be the same. It has been so far, in my experience.
can not test this adapter on CD32, as i do not own any CD32, haven't built any TF328 bacause of that

Last edited by 8 Bit Dreams; 23 December 2017 at 10:51.
Old 22 December 2017, 20:15   #2283
plasmab
Banned

I’m actively working on solving this.
Old 25 December 2017, 11:53   #2284
8 Bit Dreams
Retro maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasmab View Post
I’m actively working on solving this.
Hi Stephen,
i know, this is wrong topic for such type of questions, however, i know You have fixed same issue before: i got an Atari STf 1040 with partially working memory (only 512Kb are recognised) it acts as a normal 520ST so i assume Bank 0 is ok and my problem is Bank 1 related. Can You please share Your modificated DiagROM for ST or point me how can i catch my fault without desoldering all Bank 1 chips please?

PS
i have already updated my TOS to 1.04 i've also ordered a bunch of diagnostic carts on easypcb's however, these are very slow this time, my boards will be delivered mid of January i think

Last edited by 8 Bit Dreams; 01 October 2018 at 00:44.
Old 25 December 2017, 18:22   #2285
plasmab
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Bit Dreams View Post
Hi Stephen,
i know, this is wrong topic for such type of questions, however, i know You have fixed same issue before: i got an Atari STf 1040 with partially working memory (only 512Kb are recognised) it acts as a normal 520ST so i assume Bank 0 is ok and my problem is Bank 1 related. Can You please share Your modificated DiagROM for ST or point me how can i catch my fault without desoldering all Bank 1 chips please?

PS
i have already updated my TOS to 1.04 i've also ordered a bunch of diagnostic carts on easypcb's however, these are very slow this time, my boards will be delivered mid of January i think

I will dig out Diagrom st after I’ve slept off Xmas dinner

EDIT: https://www.dropbox.com/s/skc98jx42j...ROMST.rom?dl=0

No idea if the display works on this version. I know the serial port will work though.
Old 25 December 2017, 22:18   #2286
8 Bit Dreams
Retro maniac

Quote:
I will dig out Diagrom st after I’ve slept off Xmas dinner

EDIT: https://www.dropbox.com/s/skc98jx42j...ROMST.rom?dl=0

No idea if the display works on this version. I know the serial port will work though.
thank You very much! Will try this out, need to split it in 6x, or 2x first. does DiagROM need chechsum fix?
Old 26 December 2017, 01:00   #2287
plasmab
Banned

Quote:
thank You very much! Will try this out, need to split it in 6x, or 2x first. does DiagROM need chechsum fix?

No idea. Just works on my T Board
Old 27 December 2017, 14:22   #2288
plasmab
Banned

Ok. I will do a video on this later but here is a 7Mhz only firmware that is rock solid.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kdhohf1lfd...7_ref.zip?dl=0

It works on all CF cards i've thrown at it.

Basically if this doesnt work for you then you have a hardware fault. I've tested the backside out of this on a Rev 3. Not so much testing on the rev2 but there shouldnt be a difference. Use the firmware for your revision. Make sure you set the jumper to use the amiga internal clock. (2 pins nearest the FPU jumpered on the clocksel).
Old 27 December 2017, 17:32   #2289
8 Bit Dreams
Retro maniac

Quote:
Ok. I will do a video on this later but here is a 7Mhz only firmware that is rock solid.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kdhohf1lfd...7_ref.zip?dl=0

It works on all CF cards i've thrown at it.

Basically if this doesnt work for you then you have a hardware fault. I've tested the backside out of this on a Rev 3. Not so much testing on the rev2 but there shouldnt be a difference. Use the firmware for your revision. Make sure you set the jumper to use the amiga internal clock. (2 pins nearest the FPU jumpered on the clocksel).
Thank You Stephen,
i am very excited to try this firmware out (will do it tomorrow, i ran out of TF's & voltage regulators atm), what Do You think, will this work with SD to CF adapter i've reported previously?
BTW, wanted to ask You about clock generator You've built on the stream, is it working, or something gone wrong?
Old 27 December 2017, 17:57   #2290
plasmab
Banned

Quote:
Thank You Stephen,

i am very excited to try this firmware out (will do it tomorrow, i ran out of TF's & voltage regulators atm), what Do You think, will this work with SD to CF adapter i've reported previously?

BTW, wanted to ask You about clock generator You've built on the stream, is it working, or something gone wrong?

It worked but something is up with the switching mod. I wanted rock solid 7mhz before starting anything else.
Old 30 December 2017, 13:00   #2291
8 Bit Dreams
Retro maniac

Was buzzy with testing 7Mhz firmware, and missed the stream
however, i am glad to report: 7Mhz rocks! It works even with my CF to SD adapter i was unable to use previously! So Yeah! Amasing work, Stephen!!!

Just watched today's video:
1. You can ignore unvanted Autovector interrupts by removing ; in the
System/S/WHDload.prefs - it helped me to avoid this kind of errors
2. have seen that Your CF Card boot partition has crashed - had also same issues, after some painfull reInstallation attmpts i have created 2, 4 & 8Gb images with help of WinImage 9.0 software. So now, if my CF Card stops to work - i can easily restore whole card in 5 minutes all WHDLoad games included
3. DO NOT USE solder paste by building TF's, have tryed it, was really carefull, however, some solder paste got under mem chips, and it caused Terrible Fire (literally some tracks was burnt!)

Last edited by 8 Bit Dreams; 30 December 2017 at 14:09.
Old 30 December 2017, 13:12   #2292
plasmab
Banned

Quote:
Was buzzy with testing 7Mhz firmware, and missed the stream
however, i am glad to report: 7Mhz rocks! It works ever with my SF to SD adapter i was unable to use previously! So Yeah! Amasing work, Stephen!!!
Great news I will check that into the repo as the reference.
Old 30 December 2017, 15:14   #2293
plasmab
Banned

Reference Alpha firmware.. all speeds supported.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s17nz18rgr...alpha.zip?dl=0
Old 30 December 2017, 16:24   #2294
8 Bit Dreams
Retro maniac

Quote:
Reference Alpha firmware.. all speeds supported.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s17nz18rgr...alpha.zip?dl=0
Yeah!!!
very very very impressive work Stephen!!!
Have flashed it, my CF to SD still work, TF runs nice and smooth with 9.94 Mips instread of 9.88 before, AND i have also noticed huge speed increase on IDE interface!!! it's double the speed than before!
It's amasing! I love it!!!

PS
what do You think about A1000? Will this one work?
I will get one A1000 in a couple of weeks for testing purposes, i think i should give it a try
Old 30 December 2017, 16:39   #2295
plasmab
Banned

Quote:
Yeah!!!
very very very impressive work Stephen!!!
Have flashed it, my CF to SD still work, TF runs nice and smooth with 9.94 Mips instread of 9.88 before, AND i have also noticed huge speed increase on IDE interface!!! it's double the speed than before!
It's amasing! I love it!!!

PS
what do You think about A1000? Will this one work?
I will get one A1000 in a couple of weeks for testing purposes, i think i should give it a try
I have no idea about the A1000. I have one in the loft but it has a RAM issue i need to track down with DiagROM.
Old 30 December 2017, 16:46   #2296
plasmab
Banned

@ 8 Bit Dreams

Ive noticed some weirdness with this firmware @23Mhz on rev2. Let me know if you reproduce. Also let me know if you hit any IDE issues.

EDIT: Couple of little tricks i added to that firmware include allowing the CPU to cache ROM.

Last edited by plasmab; 30 December 2017 at 16:57.
Old 30 December 2017, 17:31   #2297
8 Bit Dreams
Retro maniac

Quote:
I have no idea about the A1000. I have one in the loft but it has a RAM issue i need to track down with DiagROM.
i will give it a try and report then (need an A1000 KS adapter urgently)
Quote:
@ 8 Bit Dreams

I've noticed some weirdness with this firmware @23Mhz on rev2. Let me know if you reproduce. Also let me know if you hit any IDE issues
for sure! will also test this firmware on all A500 revisions i have atm (Rev.5, Rev.6 Rev.8) and also on A2000 Rev 4.1
just can't hold back my emotions for me - this update is the best christmas gift i got this year! (except an A2000 i've bought lol

PS
Question: what about 2k2 resistor networks we spoken above? Should i try them building next TF? (have ordered these and 4k7 just in case) or it's not necessary now? Have one half-built TF lying around, so i'm ready to test (will be more complicated at later point because of FPU socket)

Last edited by 8 Bit Dreams; 30 December 2017 at 17:47.
Old 30 December 2017, 18:04   #2298
plasmab
Banned

Quote:
i will give it a try and report then (need an A1000 KS adapter urgently)

for sure! will also test this firmware on all A500 revisions i have atm (Rev.5, Rev.6 Rev.8) and also on A2000 Rev 4.1
just can't hold back my emotions for me - this update is the best christmas gift i got this year! (except an A2000 i've bought lol

PS
Question: what about 2k2 resistor networks we spoken above? Should i try them building next TF? (have ordered these and 4k7 just in case) or it's not necessary now? Have one half-built TF lying around, so i'm ready to test (will be more complicated at later point because of FPU socket)
I've switched to 1K networks on the advise of exxosuk. I'll update the BOM in my next commit.

Also I just found the glitch in the IDE.. will give you a better firmware shortly.
Old 30 December 2017, 18:25   #2299
kgc210

Good work on the speed increase and compatibility.
Really need to get round to finish off building my Rev2's
Old 30 December 2017, 19:18   #2300
plasmab
Banned

Nailed it..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/au3zy2ky8a..._beta.zip?dl=0

This is now working on 5 different TF530s

The revision indicators are self expanitory.

0ws = no wait for SRAM.
1ws = 1 clock wait for SRAM

the need for 1ws seems to be frequency dependent. 1ws should always work. 0ws may or may not work.

Enjoy. Works on all CF cards i've tried.