English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. System

Old 31 March 2018, 21:28   #2221
PeterK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
I attach the two config
Thanks, the files really offer very interesting information about the reasons for your problems. In your bad config you can find something like:

monitoremu=opalvision
z3mapping=real
z3mem_start=0x40000000 instead of 0x10000000

and in winuaelog.txt:

Zorro III Fast RAM ... not JIT Direct capable ... !!

That's your problem. I don't get this entry with your bad config on my 64 bit system.

Last edited by PeterK; 10 May 2018 at 21:04.
Old 31 March 2018, 21:53   #2222
AMIGASYSTEM

I do not know how it was set monitoremu=opalvision in "Video Port Display Hardware", in any case, even if eliminated does not change anything, the problem remains

z3mem_start=0x40000000 instead of 0x10000000,
here I do not know where to intervene !

z3mapping=real
here i found other strange things

Config OK= it works well with Real, UAE and Automatic

Config Problem= it works well only UAE no works with Real and Automatic
Old 31 March 2018, 22:08   #2223
PeterK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolla View Post
Time warp

Can you elaborate a little on this?

I use ToolManager, and it is a constant irritation that if I select icons of type drawer from a ToolManager menu, it replaces the "[]" in the associated command with the selected drawers and their trailing slashes, making it close to impossible to make menu entries with commands to manipulate the corresponding .info file.
Indeed, exactly that was my problem with ContextMenu, something similar to ToolManager, but not available anymore. I wanted to use icons with a call to ProcessIcon, but when ProcessIcon transmitted the name of a drawer with the "/" appended, icon.library couldn't find "drawer/.info" and then returned the default drawer icon instead. And therefore ProcessIcon gave me the wrong icon information back. Now icon.library removes the slash.

Quote:
I always thought this was a "misfeature" of ToolManager, but then I saw the above some time ago, and thought perhaps my woes were gone, but they aren't so...
No, it's probably a misfeature of the Workbench or even DOS. I didn't fix the problem at the root. There is just a bypass in icon.library now by ignoring the slash. But that won't help you for direct access to drawer icons.

Last edited by PeterK; 31 March 2018 at 22:30.
Old 31 March 2018, 22:21   #2224
PeterK

Quote:
z3mem_start=0x40000000 instead of 0x10000000,
here I do not know where to intervene !

z3mapping=real
here i found other strange things

Config OK= it works well with Real, UAE and Automatic

Config Problem= it works well only UAE no works with Real and Automatic
Well, now I just learned something again. Did not even notice this switch before. And it offers the choices together with the Z3 mem start address:

Automatic=(*)
UAE=0x10000000
Real=0x40000000

There must be another important difference in your bad config. I guess, Toni can tell you what.
Old 01 April 2018, 01:12   #2225
kolla
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
No, it's probably a misfeature of the Workbench or even DOS. I didn't fix the problem at the root. There is just a bypass in icon.library now by ignoring the slash. But that won't help you for direct access to drawer icons.
Thanks for reply There is of course always the option of writing a wrapper script that trims away trailing slash, and also take care of the vol:disk.info issue.

Sort of related... I wrote ThoR about C:List lacking LFORMAT option for listing and printing out just a path without trailing slash, and he actually gave a positive response, so maybe in 3.1.4 one can do a "list [] LFORMAT %N" (cap N, opposed to %n), or something, and it will simply result in "vol:drawer1/drawer2" itself instead of listing the content of the content of drawer2, and then it's just a matter of backticking - time will show if he remembers...

Btw - which Diff tool is that (MUI clearly)?
Old 01 April 2018, 02:34   #2226
PeterK

I think it was about 25 years ago when I configured gdiff and diff for DOpus4. And it always did quite a good job for me when I had to compare different versions of my source code, for example. Now, I hope that I found all files that are involved in my setup.
Attached Files
File Type: lha gdiffsetup.lha (140.9 KB, 84 views)
Old 01 April 2018, 12:25   #2227
AMIGASYSTEM

Peter, gdiff excellent and useful application, i did not know him, i will make a nice review as soon as possible . I installed gdiff in Dopus4, i copied gdiff and gdiffimages.iff in "C", copied diff and diff3 in GG/Bin, but in the GUI I do not see the images "gdiffimages.iff" ?

Silly question about system icons:
On amiga OS it is possible to hide the system "Icons" (RAM, DH0, DH1 etc ..) and leave on the Workbench a link to put in some Menu Toolbar?

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 06 April 2018 at 17:58.
Old 01 April 2018, 17:31   #2228
PeterK

Quote:
...but in the GUI I do not see the images "gdiffimages.iff" ?
In my configuration I only use the standard diff with 2 windows and that needs only some of these small graphical signs from gdiffimages.iff. The other elements, like the arrows, are only displayed if you activate the merge mode. I never tried any other mode or diff3. Sorry, can't help you. Read the guide and play with the "settings" menu entry.
Quote:
Silly question about system icons:
On amiga OS it is possible to hide the system "Icons" (RAM, DH0, DH1 etc ..) and leave on the Workbench a link to put in some Menu Toolbar?
In Prefs/Workbench you can mark any disk icon that you want to hide. Something similar should exist for DOpus5. But I don't understand what you are trying to do with that toolbar ??
Attached Images

Old 01 April 2018, 18:18   #2229
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
I never tried any other mode or diff3. Sorry, can't help you. Read the guide and play with the "settings" menu entry.
Ok Understand, I thought they were always used

Quote:
In Prefs/Workbench you can mark any disk icon that you want to hide. Something similar should exist for DOpus5. But I don't understand what you are trying to do with that toolbar ??
No, i do not want to hide the Volums-Partition, i want to hide the icons on the Workbench as you do on Windows 7 and above, see screenshot

Old 01 April 2018, 18:45   #2230
PeterK

Usually, there are only disk icons, left out icons and app icons on your Workbench.

You don't want to hide disk icons, ok. All left out icons are listed in ".backdrop" in the root dir of the related disks. You could make backup copies of the ".backdrop" files and then "Put Away" all icons that you don't want to see with the help of icon menu or delete the lines from ".backdrop".
Old 01 April 2018, 19:00   #2231
AMIGASYSTEM

I know and use for years ".backdrop", i want to hide the "system icons" that of the RAM Disk, SYS: (DH0, DH1, DH2 etc..)

Old 01 April 2018, 20:09   #2232
kolla
Banned

Quote:
No, i do not want to hide the Volums-Partition
Quote:
i want to hide the "system icons" that of the RAM Disk, SYS: (DH0, DH1, DH2 etc..)
???

Those _are_ the volumes/partitions, and you can hide them from Prefs/Workbench (at least if you have the version update that came with GhostIcon)
Old 01 April 2018, 20:34   #2233
AMIGASYSTEM

Ok kolla work (sorry Peter), some time ago I had tried and also hid the volumes , see screenshot

Now to complete my idea i would like to create a volume shortcut icon in the AmiStart or AmiDock Toolbar, some advice?

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 02 April 2018 at 01:19.
Old 01 April 2018, 21:39   #2234
AMIGASYSTEM

Ok Resolved, shortcut icon system, Ram and other volumes in the AmiStart

Old 01 April 2018, 22:56   #2235
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolla View Post
???
Those _are_ the volumes/partitions, and you can hide them from Prefs/Workbench (at least if you have the version update that came with GhostIcon)
I remembered well, with Prefs/Workbench there are problems opening the volume on the Workbench, if you drag volume icon to AmiDock, once the volumes are hidden, the icons no longer work.
Old 03 April 2018, 00:08   #2236
kolla
Banned

Hm yes, that is correct - once you have hidden a drive, it is fully hidden from any Workbench use, so "wbrun volume:" for example, no longer works. No good solution for this, just a few hackish ones You can give them very tiny icons and hide them under AmiStart, for example.

A proper solution would have to be implemented in Workbench itself.
Old 03 April 2018, 00:31   #2237
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

With Dopus 5 you can hide whatever and then navigate through volumes or drawers using listers only. That is very fast for a slow system.
Old 03 April 2018, 00:56   #2238
AMIGASYSTEM

Fernando i do not like it Dopus5, however also with Dopus5 on AmiStart and AmiDock once the volumes are hidden the icons "volumes an directory" no longer work (they are no longer clickable)
Old 06 April 2018, 23:28   #2239
PeterK

Quote:
Fernando i do not like it Dopus5
Me too ...
Old 07 April 2018, 03:46   #2240
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Fernando i do not like it Dopus5, however also with Dopus5 on AmiStart and AmiDock once the volumes are hidden the icons "volumes an directory" no longer work (they are no longer clickable)
If you talk about the docks and you get that problem I guess that you could solve that changing the preferences of the dock.

Yes, Peter we all know that you don't like it. I do.

Note for WB users: If you don't know what DOpus 5 is, it's an implementation of Dopus inside Workbench. It will take longer to boot the system but from then on you'll have a bunch of possibilities (sorry to resume it in two phrases).

Last edited by Retrofan; 07 April 2018 at 03:53.