English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 28 September 2020, 23:01   #181
amigamia

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinsonb5 View Post
Thanks for that - I appreciate it. I'll wait until I near hear back from Valentin, however, because (a) my hands are fairly full at the moment, and (b) I don't want to duplicate his efforts, if he is porting and intending to release it.
In the meantime I'll take a look at the project files for the ECS port and see if I can get a feel for what's required to bring cores to this platform.
Very much appreciated robinsonb5!!
Old 07 November 2020, 15:40   #182
amigamia

Hi robinson5,

I am just checking if there has been any news from Valentin? Any progress that you can inform us on?

Old 07 November 2020, 17:55   #183
robinsonb5

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigamia View Post
I am just checking if there has been any news from Valentin? Any progress that you can inform us on?
Nothing to report as yet, I'm afraid. I've exchanged a few emails with Valentin and have a clearer idea now what's possible and what isn't on the Flea board. In short, AGA maybe, RTG almost certainly not. (Over DVI everything has to conform strictly to standards or the monitor's likely to reject the signal - the hackery I did to make RTG fit on the Chameleon results in a signal that's... shall we say quirky?)

I've just registered with Lattice, which means once someone approves my registration I should be able to download the software and see if I can get it running on my Linux box. (It's not RedHat based so it might be a bit of a fight.)

Then if the current source builds without complaint I can look at what I can change, hopefully without bringing it crashing down in a smoking heap!
Old 07 November 2020, 22:25   #184
amigamia

That's fantastic news! Thanks for your great help. I'd be happy with just ECS as long it is brought up to speed with new updates but if you can squeeze AGA in there I won't complain .

Stay away from smoking heap!
Old 28 March 2021, 16:17   #185
amigamia

Hi Robinsonb5, how is it going with your experiments?
Old 28 March 2021, 17:05   #186
robinsonb5

Nothing to report yet, I'm afraid. I don't have the software installed yet.

I need to figure out whether or not I can persuade it to run on any of my existing Linux installs, or whether I'm going to have to install a whole new distro / chroot / vm specifically for that.

Once I've verified that I have a box capable of running the software, *then* I can go through the rigmarole of requesting a noce-locked license (requires the MAC address of the machine it's going to to be used on.)

An added complication is that the first account I created on their website to download the software never got "activated" to the point where it would allow me to request a license.

In short, there's been enough friction that other less hassle-filled tasks have been bubbling to the top of my ToDo list.

(Someone suggested to me that the account problem might be because I used a gmail address, so a week or so back I tried again using a non-gmail address, and that account does now seem to be active, so... maybe I can make some progress soon.)
Old 28 March 2021, 18:27   #187
amigamia

No worries Robinsonb5, I was just checking in since it had been quite some time since last reply.

Thank you for the interest for for still putting some work into it.
Old 10 November 2021, 07:39   #188
skan
Dream Merchant

Any news about this whole project?
Old 13 June 2022, 20:04   #189
amigamia

So sad to know this little device is fallen into the abyss. Any news about this indeed?
Old 14 June 2022, 15:30   #190
robinsonb5

Quote:
So sad to know this little device is fallen into the abyss. Any news about this indeed?

Sorry for the radio silence. I still haven't succeeded in getting Diamond up and running or obtaining a license, but I am now tinkering with the open source toolchain (Yosys / nextpnr / Project Trellis) on a couple of other Lattice ECP5-based boards.

While it's unrealistic to expect Minimig to build or to fit using the open-source toolchain at the moment, in theory I think it should be fairly straightforward to add a FleaOhm target to some other projects.
Old 14 June 2022, 20:43   #191
skan
Dream Merchant

Quote:
Sorry for the radio silence. I still haven't succeeded in getting Diamond up and running or obtaining a license, but I am now tinkering with the open source toolchain (Yosys / nextpnr / Project Trellis) on a couple of other Lattice ECP5-based boards.

While it's unrealistic to expect Minimig to build or to fit using the open-source toolchain at the moment, in theory I think it should be fairly straightforward to add a FleaOhm target to some other projects.
These ones?
https://github.com/intergalaktik/ulx4m
https://radiona.org/ulx3s/
Old 14 June 2022, 21:47   #192
amigamia

Quote:

I may be able to help you with it. I was able to get a license and the software years ago. I should still have it somewhere on my laptop. I'll get back with you on this...
Old 14 June 2022, 22:41   #193
robinsonb5

Quote:
Originally Posted by skan View Post
That one, certainly - and also this one:
https://github.com/wuxx/icesugar-pro
Old 14 June 2022, 22:54   #194
Torti-the-Smurf

Quote:
Remind me if no-one else does in the next few days and I'll see what I can do.

Please don't forget the MIST Please
Old 14 June 2022, 23:06   #195
robinsonb5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torti-the-Smurf View Post
Please don't forget the MIST Please

Don't worry, I won't forget the MiST - in fact my aim is to make it as easy as possible to build MIST cores for multiple boards. MiST has a very nice baseline feature set - so even though the hardware's no longer available, it's still very much relevant.
Old 14 June 2022, 23:36   #196
amigamia

Quote:
I may be able to help you with it. I was able to get a license and the software years ago. I should still have it somewhere on my laptop. I'll get back with you on this...
Sent you an email PM
Old 14 June 2022, 23:56   #197
robinsonb5

Quote:
Sent you an email PM

Thank you, but I haven't received it - I just realised that I signed up to EAB years ago using an email address that no longer exists - so I've just updated it.

I've also... <drumroll please>... finally managed to get Diamond (mostly) up and running on Linux Mint 20.03, *and* managed to get a node-locked license. (It turns out the Lattice account I created using a non-webmail email address was activated while I wasn't looking, so can now request licenses.)
Old 15 June 2022, 02:19   #198
amigamia

Quote:
Thank you, but I haven't received it - I just realised that I signed up to EAB years ago using an email address that no longer exists - so I've just updated it.

I've also... <drumroll please>... finally managed to get Diamond (mostly) up and running on Linux Mint 20.03, *and* managed to get a node-locked license. (It turns out the Lattice account I created using a non-webmail email address was activated while I wasn't looking, so can now request licenses.)
That's great news! The message was that I found the Diamond lattice software license and also the software but it's for Windows. If you are still interested, I can send you both. Let me know
Old 15 June 2022, 09:18   #199
skan
Dream Merchant

Quote:
That one, certainly - and also this one:
https://github.com/wuxx/icesugar-pro
Nice toy!
Old 15 June 2022, 19:21   #200
robinsonb5

Quote:
If you are still interested, I can send you both. Let me know

Thanks, I appreciate it. I think I have what I need for now (I'll know for sure when I actually manage to build a core with it!)