English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 24 February 2012, 11:00   #181
PHabermehl

Thaaaaanks :-)

Just downloaded and will build right now.

BTW, don't take my post above to serious - just kidding. You already DO release very fast!

Peter
Old 24 February 2012, 11:13   #182
PHabermehl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kire_online View Post
Frode, if you're ever in Sydney drop me a line, I owe you a few beers.
I'd follow up on the invitation - if you make it to Germany, let me know!
Old 24 February 2012, 13:11   #183
PHabermehl

Hello Frode,

I just figured out that the CD selector already is implemented. But - with empty CD, there is no CD32 Start animation (as it was before when launched without iso image)

Am I doing something wrong?

Kind regards,
Peter

edit: Yes, I did something wrong! config file was derived from a500 config with chipmem set to 512kb. Works now!

But I just found the screen size jitter when playing the cd32 start animation..... I have to disable viewport autoscaling,then it's fine.

And one more thing: y and z are swapped when booting workbench. With "setmap usa1" I get an US keyboard layout with qwertz keys and setmap d delivers a german layout with qwerty keys...

Uh, oh, sorry for bringing up all the stuff, but I'm enthusiastic about fs-uae and fiddle around every spare minute I have :-)

Last edited by PHabermehl; 24 February 2012 at 13:39.
Old 24 February 2012, 17:26   #184
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHabermehl View Post
But I just found the screen size jitter when playing the cd32 start animation..... I have to disable viewport autoscaling,then it's fine.
A bit unavoidable I'm afraid. -But perhaps a menu toggle button to toggle autoscale mode on/off would be nice.

Quote:
And one more thing: y and z are swapped when booting workbench. With "setmap usa1" I get an US keyboard layout with qwertz keys and setmap d delivers a german layout with qwerty keys...
Yes, it didn't occur to me that Z and Y was swapped on the host keyboard as well (of course they are). I think I'll go with a full scancode-based key mapping on all platforms for beta3.

Quote:
Uh, oh, sorry for bringing up all the stuff, but I'm enthusiastic about fs-uae and fiddle around every spare minute I have :-)
I do want feedback -otherwise I wouldn't have released it (Btw, I knew you were kidding -luckily, "emulator author" does not imply "socially handicapped" ) Germany is added to the outstanding-beer-list!
Old 24 February 2012, 18:08   #185
PHabermehl

Excellent :-)

Seems like you have a good sense of humor.

More: mute audio does not work, and .. pretty strange, $HOME and ~ do not work but make fs-uae create subdirs in the current folder.

I specify ~/bin/fs-uae/Roms

FS-uae log says it could not find the directory and creates a directory

~/bin/fs-uae/~/bin/fs-uae/Roms

etc.

Don't mind, each report increases the beer-stack ;-)

Kind regards,
Peter
Old 24 February 2012, 18:30   #186
P-J

Would you prefer bug reports here, or posted to the google code issues thingy?
Old 24 February 2012, 18:59   #187
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-J View Post
Would you prefer bug reports here, or posted to the google code issues thingy?
Actually, I was going to suggest reporting issues that are obviously (or very likely) bugs to google code issue tracker -makes it a bit easier for me to keep track of things. If unsure, just post here. EDIT: Oh, and attached config and logs are useful.

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 24 February 2012 at 19:06.
Old 24 February 2012, 19:15   #188
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
mute audio does not work,
I haven't implemented this for the OpenAL backend - just being lazy!

Quote:
and .. pretty strange, $HOME and ~ do not work but make fs-uae create subdirs in the current folder.
I specify ~/bin/fs-uae/Roms
FS-uae log says it could not find the directory and creates a directory
~/bin/fs-uae/~/bin/fs-uae/Roms
Will fix this for the next beta, -I see that I create directories before expanding the path, so just a silly mistake here.
Old 24 February 2012, 20:29   #189
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Version 0.9.9beta3

* Option bsdsocket_library to enable bsdsocket.library emulation (Mac/Linux only for now).
* A1200/020 model has 0 MB Z3 ram as default, but allows the option zorro_iii_memory to be set.
* serial port (dummy) emulation enabled, allows AROS kickstart to boot.
* Fix bug related to path expansion and directories.
* Use only scancodes on Linux, (and almost entirely on Mac too).
* Unified configuration (config file and --key=value parameters). --key=value parameters overrides values from config file.
* Section names are ignored in config file now (but key/values must still be in a section, for instance [config]). Old config files should still work as before.
* Old --fullscreen parameter is no longer valid, use --fullscreen=1 instead

http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/files/fs-...a3-windows.zip
http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/files/fs-...-macosx.tar.gz
http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/files/fs-...ta3-0_i386.deb
http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/files/fs-...a3-0_amd64.deb
http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/files/fs-....9beta3.tar.gz

Reason for config change is to allow command-line override, but also cascading configs (not yet though). Old configs should still work exactly as before, -please let me know if a config value has been broken.

Example for floppy_drive_0. You can now either have the following in the config file:
Code:
[whatever]
floppy_drive_0 = path
or --floppy-drive-0=path on the command line (this will override the configuration)

Last edited by FrodeSolheim; 24 February 2012 at 23:04.
Old 25 February 2012, 14:01   #190
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Version 0.9.9beta4

Changes since 0.9.9beta3:

* Multiple mice can be used (in net play) -useful for Lemmings.
* New joystick port values: amiga_mouse, amiga_joystick and nothing.
* Send protocol version and emulation core version to netplay server.
* Fixed a bug where data were written to both floppy overlay files and original ADF files.
* Fix A1200 model with accuracy < 1 (now runs in "fastest possible" mode, but cannot be used with full video sync).
* Fix a bug introduced in 0.9.9beta3 where the binary itself could be tried loaded as the default configuration file.
* joystick_port_0 and joystick_port_1 optiosn are now unified as well.

http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/files/fs-...a4-windows.zip
http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/files/fs-...-macosx.tar.gz
http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/files/fs-...ta4-0_i386.deb
http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/files/fs-...a4-0_amd64.deb
http://fengestad.no/fs-uae/files/fs-....9beta4.tar.gz
Old 25 February 2012, 14:18   #191
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Net Play Beta is available

Net Play Beta is available! New forum thread for net play: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=63289
Old 25 February 2012, 15:50   #192
Conundrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
I suggest you try this:
* Create a configuration file whatever.fs-uae, for example in the new "default directory" (My) Documents/FS-UAE/Configurations/
* Choose to open it from explorer (open with...)
* Browse to fs-uae.exe and set this to always open *.fs-uae-files

(and afterwards you can just doubleclick on .fs-uae config files to start, which is nice)

Then it should find the config file at least. If this does not work, then there is something wrong with your config file. Please post the config file _and_ the log file in a zip or something, and attach to a post, and I'll check for errors (you should check the log first to see if there is anything obviously wrong).
It still doesn't work man, I swear. And I'm using the minimal config you posted here previously:

Code:
[amiga]

model = A500 
kickstart_file = c:\\amiga\\amiga-os-130.rom  

[media] 
floppy_drive_0 = c:\\amiga\\somedisk.adf
I'm also saving everything carefully in UTF-8, so I really have no idea wth is going on.
Old 25 February 2012, 16:03   #193
jondel

Hello Frode,
I know you are extremely busy with all the various implementations of FS-UAE,but would it be possible to add cd rom support in the filesystem?
This would make the A1200 model more complete.
Thanks
Old 25 February 2012, 16:38   #194
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
It still doesn't work man, I swear. And I'm using the minimal config you posted here previously:
Code:
[amiga]

model = A500 
kickstart_file = c:\\amiga\\amiga-os-130.rom  

[media] 
floppy_drive_0 = c:\\amiga\\somedisk.adf
You have actually copied the kickstart to c:\amiga\amiga-os-130.rom and c:\amiga\somedisk.adf is a bootable disk file? Also, if amiga-os-130.rom is an Amiga Forever rom, the rom.key file must reside in the same directory.
Please post the config file _and_ the log file in a zip or something, and attach to a post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondel View Post
Hello Frode,
I know you are extremely busy with all the various implementations of FS-UAE,but would it be possible to add cd rom support in the filesystem?
This would make the A1200 model more complete.
Thanks
What kind of CD-ROM support are we talking about here? Could you be more specific?
Old 25 February 2012, 17:10   #195
Conundrum

Here. I kept the directories as simple as I could. Tried all kinds of slashes. (/, //, \, etc)
Attached Files
File Type: rar cfg.rar (177 Bytes, 140 views)
Old 25 February 2012, 17:16   #196
jondel

"What kind of CD-ROM support are we talking about here? Could you be more specific?"

Preferably where the host cdrom drive is accessible from workbench.I have loads of Aminet and magazine cover disks with lots of games and demos on them.

I know I could use WinUAE with Wine but even on the PC your programme seems far more easy to use and looks good as well.
Old 25 February 2012, 17:32   #197
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
Here. I kept the directories as simple as I could. Tried all kinds of slashes. (/, //, \, etc)
Still missing the log file. I cannot see what the problem is without this (See README for location of log file). The configuration file itself is fine.

Quote:
"What kind of CD-ROM support are we talking about here? Could you be more specific?"

Preferably where the host cdrom drive is accessible from workbench.I have loads of Aminet and magazine cover disks with lots of games and demos on them.

I know I could use WinUAE with Wine but even on the PC your programme seems far more easy to use and looks good as well.
I doubt I will let the Amiga access the CD-ROM like a SCSI CD-ROM or similar. This will be much work to for all platforms. -But you could probably mount the CD-ROM as a virtual hard drive?

Code:
hard_drive_0 = D:/
or
Code:
hard_drive_0 = /Volumes/Something
Haven't tried it myself though.
Old 25 February 2012, 17:54   #198
PHabermehl

Quote:
I'd second that. I've also got more than 100 original CD32 games. How cool would it be to load an original CD32 disc into the HTPC and play :-)

Frode, you mentioned before, that you'd rather not support hardware dvd/cd access, but I'd like to propose that you put that wish at the very bottom of your to-do-stack. When nothing else is left, you might re-consider supporting direct access.

By the way, the paths are still a mess here. fs-uae runs only out of the "out" dir or when startet out of a directory which contains a "share" subfolder with all the stuff required.
Everything else ends up with fs-uae not finding the config or the shared files...

Best regards,
Peter

Oh, and when you implement cd drive support, then a CD32 FMV module emulation would be nice. Got a FMV (which I don't use because it's so rare...) and a whole collection of James Bond video CDs :-)))
Old 25 February 2012, 18:01   #199
jondel

"I doubt I will let the Amiga access the CD-ROM like a SCSI CD-ROM or similar. This will be much work to for all platforms. -But you could probably mount the CD-ROM as a virtual hard drive?"

Yes I thought that it would be a lot of work and I was a bit cheeky for asking,but if you never ask you never get.

I have tried the virtual way,but only managed to have the contents of the cd shown as read only.That may be a case of permissions,I will have to look into this whole area more deeply.

Thanks anyway for your trouble.
Old 25 February 2012, 18:03   #200
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Quote:
I'd second that. I've also got more than 100 original CD32 games. How cool would it be to load an original CD32 disc into the HTPC and play :-)

Frode, you mentioned before, that you'd rather not support hardware dvd/cd access, but I'd like to propose that you put that wish at the very bottom of your to-do-stack. When nothing else is left, you might re-consider supporting direct access.
Well, obviously, I can change my mind at any time. I wasn't going to do netplay either...

Quote:
By the way, the paths are still a mess here. fs-uae runs only out of the "out" dir or when startet out of a directory which contains a "share" subfolder with all the stuff required.
Everything else ends up with fs-uae not finding the config or the shared files...
This is because you run it from the source folder. You can do make install as root (will install to /usr, or make install prefix=/usr/local) to make it runnable from any working directory.