English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 18 January 2013, 05:33   #2861
laffer
Zone Friend

Played some more Binding of Isaac today, I'm still not at all tired of the game, it's really very good imo.

Played through it twice, with two different characters that I hadn't used much before... think I've played through it with all the characters now, finished it 9 times... I think 10 is the amount of times you need to finish it to gain access to the hell area, I'll soon find out anyway.
Old 20 January 2013, 04:25   #2862
fishyfish
Banned

Re: Alan Wake. Fanastic game. I got a shiny new bigscreen lcd tv the day it was released (hired it from video library) and did nothing but play it all the way through for the following few days. Bought it as soon as the price dropped (I *never* buy games at the crazy prices theyre 1st sold at) and once again played it all the way through.

Just recently bought Alan Wake: American Nightmare as well, but havent had a chance to play that yet. Will probably be next "proper" game I play though. Currently Ive been playing with my (bought with xmas money) Kinnect and a few games I bought for it. I must admit to being surprised just how physical it is (Kinnect). I remember thinking the same thing of the Wii, but it's an entirely different level of physicality. Quite good fun, altough I cant imagine me using it as heavily as I am currently in a month or 2. Still nice to have though and can be bought nice and cheap nowadays (I got mine for $57 with a game).
Old 20 January 2013, 13:29   #2863
Muzkat
Into the Wonderful

Quote:
Originally Posted by quahappy View Post
Toki (WinUAE) - Years on and I STILL can't complete it.... *sigh*. I refuse to use any cheats lol.
Completing Toki on the Amiga was, and still is, one of my proudest gaming achievements. That game is as hard as hell, especially the boss fight at the end. Best of luck.
Old 27 January 2013, 11:50   #2864
JudasEZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzkat View Post
Completing Toki on the Amiga was, and still is, one of my proudest gaming achievements. That game is as hard as hell, especially the boss fight at the end. Best of luck.
I always reached the mine-wagon section with very few lives.. and die =(

you are a great player!
Old 05 February 2013, 20:27   #2865
SWIV

Shock Troopers (Arcade)
Grey Lancer (MD)
Sol Deace (MD)
Berzerk,H.E.R.O,Phoenix and Venture (A2600)
Xevious (7800)
IO and Catalypse (C64)
Gauntlet II,Beyond The Ice Palace and Intergalactic Space Rescue *homebrew* (ZX Speccy)
Old 05 February 2013, 20:32   #2866
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Replaying Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis via ScummVM with my GF since she never played it before.
Old 05 February 2013, 23:12   #2867
Peter
Still an Amiga user

@ TCD - my girlfriend loved this game...! I must play through it again one of these days but I bet my Girlfriend would not have the patience to play it now... :-(
Old 05 February 2013, 23:16   #2868
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

We're just at the beginning and I know there are some quite 'demanding' parts... but Day Of The Tentacle (our 'premiere' ) went really well (and was a lot of fun), so I'm quite sure she'll enjoy Indy too

I'll recommend DOTT, because it's not too long and has a lot of great gags in it
Old 06 February 2013, 11:51   #2869
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Dont miss the original sam & max,that one always makes me laugh no matter how often i play it. Full talky version of course.
Old 06 February 2013, 11:53   #2870
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Already locked & loaded in ScummVm and next on our list
Old 08 February 2013, 15:28   #2871
Oldskool Bitz

Titus the Fox (the Amiga version). Great game.
Old 14 February 2013, 19:06   #2872
JudasEZT

Blood Money.. but on C64. Beautiful gameplay and very addictive.

I like Amiga version despite its gameplay flaws and tedious intro.. but this C64 is definitively more hooking and addictive. Brilliant 8 bit stuff!!
Old 15 February 2013, 02:10   #2873
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Playing (well... mainly watching) Traps & Treasures Really a great platform puzzler There's quite a bit of 'unforgiving' puzzles in this one, but the overall presentation and level design makes up for it Really recommended
Old 15 February 2013, 05:30   #2874
Anakirob
Unregistered User

I am playing with myself

Demos on WHDLoad that is!

Anyone got any links to any new pre-installs that are not one of KG's? old packs?

Thankyou again mate,

Last edited by Anakirob; 15 February 2013 at 05:31. Reason: I am asking TCD as he seems to be the current pre-install go to guy, but whoever answers is good but.
Old 15 February 2013, 09:59   #2875
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

The guy to ask is Retroplay and he has uploaded quite a few pre-installed demos to the file server in 'Commodore_Amiga/Retroplay/WHDLoad_Updates/Demos'
Old 15 February 2013, 19:58   #2876
quahappy
Born again WinUAE user

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muzkat View Post
$£%^%%$"£

In other words. I've given up with Toki. : lol

Still trawling through GTA4 (think I'm about 3/4 way through the missions now).

As for the Amiga: I've been taking a trip down memory lane and trying to figure out AMOS Professional. Bloody hell. I've had to load up some of the examples to figure out how to do the basics again (like open up a screen!). Geez. Thought I'd never forget how to program but alas, appears I have. Probably something to do with the fact that several years after AMOS, I got into HTML, CSS and a little PHP - something else I no longer do. Too time-consuming. Much prefer retro gaming these days than getting into dirty coding lol.
Old 15 February 2013, 23:05   #2877
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

You can do both alternating you know, I certainly manage Although now I've added cooking to the mix, which eats up a large chunk of my programming and gaming time. Certainly the most rewarding thing I do, imagine eating like a king every day without the costs.

My gaming time right now is very limited due to a bum ankle, so I play games that I can drop in and out of. I've picked up Legend of Grimrock again for a second playthrough. My intention was to check out some of the retro remake dungeons, but they're nowhere near in a finished state yet so I have to be a little more patient.
Old 18 February 2013, 14:08   #2878
laffer
Zone Friend

Retro City Rampage, great indie game with awesome pixel art graphics... trailer [ Show youtube player ].

Oh and I bought and finished another indie game last night, "Potatoman Seeks the Troof"... I enjoyed it quite a bit, fun little game... but my main complaint would be that it's much too short.
I love the graphics, they're done in a very charming Atari 2600 kind of style.

[ Show youtube player ] a look at the game by JimPlaysGames (really cool Youtube channel, one of my favourites)... it's where I found out about the game to begin with, he does this "Pseudo Retro" series, which is great.

Last edited by laffer; 18 February 2013 at 15:10.
Old 03 March 2013, 22:03   #2879
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Been playing Civ 5 again (gold edition on sale on steam right now) - I had a slightly bad opinion about this game being too boring and repetitive in the end-game but this time I've been watching some videos to learn how to properly play it and that has -greatly- increased my fun level. I now trade and scheme like there is no tomorrow. The Gods & Kings expansion makes this game a heap of a lot better; the AI is more devious and actually uses strategies that you can't see coming from a mile away.
Old 05 March 2013, 19:46   #2880
SWIV

Manhunt PS2
Ms.Pacman (arcade)
The Great American Cross Country Road Race (Atari 8-bit)
Pacman (Atari 5200)
Defender (Atari 5200)
K.C Munchkin (Magnavox 2/ Videopac)
Ladybug (Intellivision)
Kid Dracula (GB)
Amazing Tater / Puzzleboy 2 (GB)