English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 02 September 2012, 01:30   #181
Marcuz

I've tested them Denis, but if they correct something it is not related to the guru, as that happen anyway when display swapping.
Moreover, the problem occurs even with a single one HD, on a fresh quickstart mode, the configuration I posted were just what I use frequently. Thanks for trying though!
Old 02 September 2012, 09:15   #182
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Sorry for random guesses but no config = lots more guesses because I don't trust anything else

What about now? (same winuae.zip url).

I think your tablet driver sends some wintablet change messages when display mode changes, even without tablet connected.

EDIT:

Quote:
have found something really strange. I use the latest beta toni did, and it appears that in both config files, the mounted drives are bootable. Only the system partition must be like that, otherwise it can't work.

Strangely i made a CF 8gb under winuae, and i got myself strange result if more than one drive is bootable.

On a real amiga, having all partition bootable is a nonsense.
It is not nonsense. Multiple partitions can be bootable, highest priority partition boots. If multiple partitions have same priority, usually first one listed in harddrives panel boots. It is not guaranteed. (and possibly AOS undefined behavior)

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 02 September 2012 at 12:33.
Old 02 September 2012, 12:34   #183
Marcuz

Don't worry about it, besides the little bit of discomfort of not being able to change the display in winuae, this problem searching is quite fun.

Aaaaand, the new one did the trick!

It works as intended: only thing that I'll have to check after lunch is a bit of lag in getting back to Windows when exiting Winuae (Alt+F4) in some configuration (possibly, because of the number of HD attached? or is it something graphic card related? it doesn't happens with all of them, I'll test in a bit)

Thanks Toni!
Old 02 September 2012, 12:38   #184
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcuz View Post
Don't worry about it, besides the little bit of discomfort of not being able to change the display in winuae, this problem searching is quite fun.

Aaaaand, the new one did the trick!
Great. Stupid tablet driver

Quote:
It works as intended: only thing that I'll have to check after lunch is a bit of lag in getting back to Windows when exiting Winuae (Alt+F4) in some configuration (possibly, because of the number of HD attached? or is it something graphic card related? it doesn't happens with all of them, I'll test in a bit)
Run with log open window ("winuae -log") and check if there is delay after/before some specific message.

Anything can cause this kind of problem.
Old 02 September 2012, 15:47   #185
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_2500b15.zip

Beta 15:

- Fixed too large GUI size if non-100% Windows DPI setting and full optimized build. (b13)
- Fonts with long names caused corrupted dialog structure.
- Marked WinUAE as Windows Vista/7/8 compatible. This should have been done long time ago, without this Windows enables some backwards compatibility features, for example Aero gets disabled in fullscreen directdraw.
- Disabled COPJMP bug emulation, it triggers incorrectly in Seven Sins/Scoopex. (Already did some logic analyzer testing but I can't yet confirm exact trigger conditions for this bug, it wasn't as simple as I originally thought)
- Editing non-custom event's qualifier reset input target to none.
- Lightpen cursor wasn't removed when lightpen mode was disabled.
- Wintab tablet messages corrupted memory if Windows driver installed but tablet mode was not enabled. (b6)
Old 03 September 2012, 02:57   #186
Zandig

Hello Toni,

With the last 2 Beta releases (14 and 15) my screen is not centered and is compressed (pushed in top and bottom and sometimes side to side). Going back to Beta 13 and my screen returns to normal.

Windows XP / SP3
AMD FX-55
2 gig ram
Nvidia 9800 GT
22 inch NEC Multisync CRT

A few long standing problems I have been having:

- Sometimes I have to load my selected configuration 4-5 times or more before I get a screen. Very often it just remains a black screen. I then have to quit and try again until it eventually works. This is with both Direct3D or Direct Draw.

- Using Direct3D...if I middle click the mouse back to Windows desktop and then return back to the active Amiga screen it remains a black screen. If using Direct Draw it returns to the Amiga screen properly.

Let me know if you need any more info.
Old 03 September 2012, 03:22   #187
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandig View Post
A few long standing problems I have been having:

- Sometimes I have to load my selected configuration 4-5 times or more before I get a screen. Very often it just remains a black screen. I then have to quit and try again until it eventually works. This is with both Direct3D or Direct Draw.
I have this problem too, and some times it even crashes. I'm running Win 7 64-bit
Old 03 September 2012, 08:06   #188
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Hello Toni,

With the last 2 Beta releases (14 and 15) my screen is not centered and is compressed (pushed in top and bottom and sometimes side to side). Going back to Beta 13 and my screen returns to normal.
Autoscale enabled and filter panel Autoscale aspect ratio checkbox?

Quote:
Please be more specific. Just loading a configuration won't change anything.

Quote:
- Using Direct3D...if I middle click the mouse back to Windows desktop and then return back to the active Amiga screen it remains a black screen. If using Direct Draw it returns to the Amiga screen properly.
Possibly Windows version specific issue.

Quote:
Let me know if you need any more info.
winuaebootlog.txt and winuaelog.txt from config load and D3D blank screen cases.
Old 03 September 2012, 21:22   #189
Zandig

Thank you for your help Toni.

- Unchecking "Keep autoscale aspect" and checking "Keep aspect ratio" in the Filter panel fixed my screen centering problems with Beta 14 and 15

- Attached is the log for when the black screen problem occurred.
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaelog.txt (9.3 KB, 169 views)
Old 05 September 2012, 11:15   #190
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
- Attached is the log for when the black screen problem occurred.
Not 2.5 specific but I'll let it pass this time because I already duplicated the problem. It only affects Windows XP or pre-2.0 shader capable cards on Vista and later.

D3D9Ex introduced in Vista added one very nice improvement: Losing focus when in D3D9 fullscreen (alt-tab or some other program stole focus): Normal D3D loses most resources (textures etc..) and application needs to reallocate them when fullscreen state is returned (and at least one resource was forgotten in recent versions..). D3D9Ex does this automatically, application only needs to call simple reset function.
Old 05 September 2012, 18:29   #191
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
H- Sometimes I have to load my selected configuration 4-5 times or more before I get a screen. Very often it just remains a black screen. I then have to quit and try again until it eventually works. This is with both Direct3D or Direct Draw.
Something is missing.. When did config load change resolutions immediately? What screen?

Quote:
http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.zip hopefully fixes this. Please confirm. (At least it works now under XP inside VMWare but it isn't exactly the same thing)
Old 05 September 2012, 23:25   #192
Zandig

Hi Toni,

Brilliant!!!!

The black screen problem seems to be gone for me. I loaded several of my different configs 20 times in a row with no problem.

Also I am now able to switch between Windows desktop and back to the Amiga screen properly without getting a black screen using Direct3D.

Looks like you nailed it

PS:
About the configs - sorry if it confused you. I have several config files (i.e Amiga 500, Amiga 1200, Amiga 4000) I use with WHDload. I was simply referring to the black screen problem I was having when loading any one of them. Not related to the configs but the problem which you fixed.

Also thanks for the explanation about D3D9.
Old 08 September 2012, 16:10   #193
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_2500b16.zip

Beta 16:

- Added easy to use log options to Paths panel. Open = open selected log or current config to text editor. Save All = create file that includes both logs and current configuration. Makes requesting logs easier for debugging purposes. Log checkbox overrides misc panel logging option. Checkbox state not saved, resets back to non ticked after restarting. (Included config is exact current configuration, not necessary same as last loaded config file)
- Fixed uae-configuration config listing garbage ????? line at the end.
- USB HID game controller [-] and [+] input axis movement used wrong event (one-shot instead of normal press/release).
- Possible fix for D3D display alignment errors in some modes (AMD only apparently)
- Fixed D3D blank screen after alt-tabbing back to fullscreen mode. Non-D3DEx (Windows XP mainly) only.
- Non UAE HD controller harddrives and CDFS config data conflict, inserting CD corrupted HDF path.
- Some CD (both images and physical drives) on the fly media switching problems fixed.
- Ignore start uncaptured and start minimized if starting in fullscreen mode.
- Input panel slots #2-#8 not saved to config file if slot #1 had GamePorts [PORTx] event.
- Configuration #1-#3 selected and GamePorts not set to <none> and then changed back to <none>, original slot #1 event was not restored.
- CD32 gameport type also enabled normal joystick firebutton/2nd button event. Only CD32 red and blue are needed.
- Break to debugger if program jumps to non-existing memory ("Did something stupid") and any break point is already active.
- Remember last selected Input panel device.
- 64-bit build now support up to 2.5G memory space and max 2G of Z3 fast RAM, emulated as 2x1G Z3 boards (1G is max Z3 board size) Note that AmigaOS may have signed integer problems if 2G border is crossed.
Old 08 September 2012, 21:47   #194
UncleSpam

Toni,

I just tried the latest beta (B16) and I'm now getting an extra scanline in the middle of the display. This was not an issue in prior betas (including B15).

Please see the attached file for a screen grab and log files.

Regards,
- Bogdan
Attached Files
File Type: zip winuae_beta_20120908.zip (19.3 KB, 133 views)
Old 08 September 2012, 22:26   #195
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleSpam View Post
I just tried the latest beta (B16) and I'm now getting an extra scanline in the middle of the display. This was not an issue in prior betas (including B15).
Now I know reason for removing those "useless" offsets (that fixes AMD scaling artifact) because scanline fix isn't as simple as I originally thought. Back to drawing board..
Old 09 September 2012, 17:13   #196
Leandro Jardim

I tried my HD images in latest beta, and they dont work. I made some to work, but for some reason, AmigaOS lock-up during a directory read. They use RDBs and seems that WinUAE has corrupted the images that I tested because they doesnt work anymore in any version of WinUAE.
Old 09 September 2012, 18:00   #197
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leandro Jardim View Post
I tried my HD images in latest beta, and they dont work. I made some to work, but for some reason, AmigaOS lock-up during a directory read. They use RDBs and seems that WinUAE has corrupted the images that I tested because they doesnt work anymore in any version of WinUAE.
Did you test if latest beta really is the one that has this problem? And you also forgot all important stuff like logs (click logging checkbox before starting emulation, use new "save all" option after it hangs)
Old 09 September 2012, 18:40   #198
Leandro Jardim

Latest beta (B16). I will supply the logs for you, I felt it could be important but that happens during some certain file management operations that I did in the last two tries, for the last two images that I worked into, and I need to track these operations and the logs.

The problem begins because for some reason, WinUAE doesnt loads the hardfile. Here are the first logs.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Logs.zip (11.8 KB, 121 views)

Last edited by Leandro Jardim; 09 September 2012 at 18:47.
Old 09 September 2012, 18:53   #199
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I think I also managed to duplicate this. It is related to CDFS fix, not yet sure what goes wrong.

EDIT: This was brown paper bag bug. Any non-UAE controller hardfile/drive won't work in b16.. Unless it is the first one in list.

EDIT2: http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae.zip should fix it.

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 09 September 2012 at 19:15.
Old 10 September 2012, 18:16   #200
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

http://www.winuae.net/files/b/winuae_2500b17.zip

Beta 17:

- Enabled windowed mode window maximize button.
- Removed windowed mode window inner edge.
- -diskswapper command line looks inside all supported archive files.
- Any non-UAE controller harddrive didn't work. (b16)
- Beta 16 D3D alignment fix updated, previous broke 1:1 pixel mapping in some situations. (Test this again!)