|30 July 2012, 16:32||#1|
Join Date: Aug 2004
[Android] QuickJoy IME - my soft controller for UAE4Droid
Inspired by awesome controls in top-tier iOS jump&run games (Soosiz, NyxQuest, etc.), I decided to create an universal soft keyboard for Android 8/16-bit computer emulators (Atari, Amiga, C64).
I'm releasing it on Google Play for convinience (update delivery), but please note that it's an early PRELEASE version.
- QuickJoyIME requires Android 4.0 (I'm going to release a separate version for "legacy devices" running Android 2.2+, but no release date yet )
- it's designed for phones, not for tablets (I don't have an Android tablet yet)
- it's designed as JOYSTICK replacement and not suitable for console emulators!
- buttons are mapped to D (left), F (right), R (up), C (down), A (fire) - you have to reconfigure emulator to use with QuickJoyIME (intentional!)
- it's NOT suitable for games requiring simultaneous pressing of fire button AND diagonals, i.e. Turrican or Soccer Kid)
- DO NOT try it with AnUAE4All - this emu renders the screen and samples the input at 1/4-1/2 rate, making controls unresponsive.
Recommended games - it works GREAT with 90% of Amiga platform games such as Lethal Weapon, Addams Family, Superfrog, McDonald Land, etc.
1. QuickJoyIME installs input method (soft "keyboard") that's disabled by default and a small utility app called QuickJoyTool. Use QuickJoyTool to manually add QuickJoyIME to the system input method list ("Select Input Method" > "Configure input methods") or use the system settings to do so.
2. QuickJoyTool may be used for quick switching between input methods and to set selected input method to stay on top permanently (allowing you to enter emulator input config and map QuickJoyIME controls to emulator controls).
1. You can set QuickJoyIME as the default input method ("Select Input Method").
2. Use "Toggle Input Method" button to show/hide QuickJoyIME (it'll stay on top when you go to the launcher - remember that it'll disappear when you press the BACK button).
How to use it with UAE4DROID:
1. Enable "Alternate Input Method" in settings.
2. Launch QuickJoyTool and set QuickJoyIME as the default input method.
3. Toggle the keyboard on.
3. Go to UAE4Droid (don't use the BACK button, use HOME), go to settings, "Physical controls". Use QuickJoyIME controls to map the following:
Fire - A (red button)
Up - R (blue button up)
Down - C (blue button down)
Left - D (green button left)
Right - F (green button right)
4. Launch any game. Press MENU, more and press "Show touch controls" to DISABLE the buit-it UAE4DROID on-screen controls. Rotate the screen once (UAE4DROID bug) and the buil-in touch controls should disappear.
5. Launch QuickJoyTool, select QuickJoyIME as a default input method. Toggle the keyboard on, go back to UAE4DROID.
Google Play link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...u.dev.quickjoy
Youtube video showing UAE4Droid + QuickJoy IME + McDonald Land:
|09 September 2012, 22:34||#4|
Join Date: Aug 2004
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|UAE4Droid more action key.||VRil||support.OtherUAE||13||12 July 2012 17:37|
|WANTED: Quickjoy Megastar SV-135 jr||Jon Hare||MarketPlace||1||06 April 2012 14:09|
|UAE4Droid Amiga emulator for Android released||tonyyeb||News||80||22 February 2012 00:32|
|Anyone tried UAE4Droid on an Xperia Play yet?||MethodGit||Retrogaming General Discussion||2||25 June 2011 22:56|
|QuickJoy "Superboard" SV-125 joystick||SunChild||MarketPlace||3||21 June 2011 22:33|