English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 02 June 2012, 00:49   #1301
gibs
Banned

Yes they are commodore boards.
I have studied electronic at school (F2) I practice computing since 30 years, and I work in computing in one of the biggest bank...It doesn't means anything of course, but just that I can do a good report...
No offense to FOL but, he didn't noticed my clockport was inverted (I did, and I did plug the Delfina this way because the RTFM from Jens doesn't even own a picture)...so even proffessionals can miss stuff. It's not a reason to talk like this.
Now I know that after buying 3 Indivision ECS, 1 Delfina, the mouse adapter, the A603 the Indi MKII, this is the last product that I but from Individual Computers and I'm going to remove all the ads I did on youtube for them.

Last edited by gibs; 02 June 2012 at 08:26.
Old 02 June 2012, 01:33   #1302
diablothe2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibs View Post
this is the last product that I but from Individual Computers and I'm going to remove all the ads I did on youtube for them.
woah. what's with the hostility? I thought we were all amigans?
Old 02 June 2012, 03:36   #1303
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Yes they are commodore boards.
I have studied electronic at school (F2) I practice computing since 30YO, and I work in computing in one of the biggest bank...It doesn't means anything of course, but just that I can do a good report...
No offense to FOL but, he didn't noticed my clockport was inverted (I did, and I did plug the Delfina this way because the RTFM from Jens doesn't even own a picture)...so even proffessionals can miss stuff. It's not a reason to talk like this.
Now I know that after buying 3 Indivision ECS, 1 Delfina, the mouse adapter, the A603 the Indi MKII, this is the last product that I but from Individual Computers and I'm going to remove all the ads I did on youtube for them.

Yes, I understand you... I've seen your board full of desoldered caps... But you must know that there are others working without any mod. I know your problems in the past with the Delfina. I think you'd been very unlucky with your boards.
When someone has so much problems after spending a lot of money you don't want to hear about a "solder-junkie", I understand you.... but the Amiga really has a lot of problems like these, and I "like" (more or less) to try to fix them.

At least you have my support and understanding. If you don't find any hardware solution, just solder those caps back and use fblit. Just my opinion, but... I would send those boards to Amigakit and would be happy....

Last edited by Retrofan; 02 June 2012 at 04:47.
Old 02 June 2012, 10:38   #1304
magnetic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
How? Oh, keyboards are behaving, compilers also work great. Peanut and Cashew supply is good, but we haven't found names for all the configuration bits yet.

SCNR,
Jens

(seriously, what kind of answer did you expect?)

Haha

Well glad you still have your sense of humour with all the pressure the past few months. Who writes the cores anyway?
Old 02 June 2012, 10:46   #1305
magnetic
Banned

Here is a link showing my a1200 blizzard 060@66mhz, Escom a1200 1D4 motherboard, OS 3.9 bb2, Indivision mk2.

Showing Dual output in PAL Laced mode with a Commodore 1084s on RGB and Dell 22" lcd on DVI. Showing the Demo "Fetish2"

Also shown is a pic of my (badly) modified RF shield and the inside of the a1200.. enjoy

https://picasaweb.google.com/magneti...eat=directlink
Old 02 June 2012, 12:04   #1306
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
No offense to FOL but, he didn't noticed my clockport was inverted.
Errrm, no effence, but having the board in front of you, is completely different to the board being somewhere else.
If I had the board infront of me, then things may have been different.
Im sure I pointed you to my photos of how to install it. We can only do so much.

The Amiga boards can be a nightmare, as Jens pointed out.
No two are the same and thats even with the same revision.

Besides, thought this was an indivision thread NOT a delfina thread.
Old 02 June 2012, 12:56   #1307
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Appears like "solder junkie" is taken as an offensive term here. It was meant to describe someone who exactly knows how to handle a soldering iron, so something like "geek" - good skill, definitely not a bad thing.

However, there are things about the AGA chipset that obviously even Commodore did not know all the details about. My attempt in describing all the possible sources of problems was meant to show that it's practically impossible for a single person to cover all the differencies and to solve all problems.

Gibs, you're pointing at me, using wording that makes people think that Indivision AGA MK2 causes the glitches. I haven't reacted with the degree of hostility that you demonstrate, but I described numerous times that Indivision AGA MK2 just DISPLAYS the glitches. They have always been there on your board, but you did not notice them, because you never pushed the chipset to the limits with those new screenmodes. You will see exactly the same glitches on a monitor that is connected to the 23-pin port, even without Indivision AGA MK2.

I trust that you have a lot of computer knowledge and experience in your field. However, since there is hardly any written documentation about the hardware side of the AGA chipset and you probably don't develop digital circuits for a living, that specific experience is of no use for this specific problem - you can't seriously take this as an insult.

Jens
Old 02 June 2012, 16:27   #1308
amigarlz

@gibs

I understand you a bit... i have the original indivision aga, pal resolution runs stable but with many vertical stripes, 1024x768 show many glitches like your video after a while... i see people using 1280x1024, 800x600 but not for mk1, 150eur for 1 or 1,5 years (in my case) of support seems a little low for me.

This is not any kind of attack, jens is an amiga guru and make real efforts to build new hardware for amiga, its just my opinion.
Old 02 June 2012, 23:01   #1309
Zapotek

Thumbs up it has arrived

it finally arrived!! Thank you Amigakit and Individual Computers !!

installation was a breeze - took 5 minutes. Normal screenmodes work ok, highgfx shows artifacts after 10-15 minutes. PAL High-res Laced is good enough for me, for now anyway. I am using the DVI-to-HDMI cable that I got with my screen.

Primary reason for wanting this was to correct the awful coloring I experience using scart:

RGB SCART:

Indivision:

The yellow tint is something I have been having problems with since 1995-1996 - not just with a tv, but when I had a 1084 as well. It has to be something wrong with the port??
With the Indivison the colors are awesome. I love it

I´m using a Samsung T22A300:

Old 02 June 2012, 23:37   #1310
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Awesome difference!!
Edit: About the port: Try to clean the pins with a metallic brush (for example the ones for cleaning sparks). I had a problem like that (too much blue in my case) and it was just that. If you don't have, just sand paper all around the pins. BTW: Is that a Commodore 2B board? (lift the sticker)

Last edited by Retrofan; 03 June 2012 at 00:10.
Old 03 June 2012, 01:27   #1311
Akiko

The superplus driver using DVI is working quite nice on my old Samsung monitor, only a very small boarder.

Last edited by Akiko; 03 June 2012 at 01:35.
Old 03 June 2012, 01:28   #1312
magnetic
Banned

Yeah, its probably the port.. maybe not the port or pins themselves but caps or traces on the mb where the rgb port is..

INdy mk2 looks good for you because it comes straight off the chip bypassing the lines for the video port.

Akiko

Wow looks amazing! How many colors is that? I'll have to get my 1200 back online and try the new modes.

btw how are you guys embedding these images. I tried with Picasa embeded link and it doesnt work here?
Old 03 June 2012, 02:25   #1313
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiko View Post
The superplus driver using DVI is working quite nice on my old Samsung monitor, only a very small boarder.
Old Samsung? It's a led Tv, isn't it? And where is that border you say? Where is the link for the first image? Superplus is amazing! And I've got a Samsung Led Tv (well, it has an sticker saying it's a Commodore 1084S Video Monitor...) I hope on monday I'll receive kipper's adapter to start with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetic View Post
Yeah, its probably the port.. maybe not the port or pins themselves but caps or traces on the mb where the rgb port is..
I was thinking about caps and searching threads too when I just used the metallic brush...

Last edited by Retrofan; 03 June 2012 at 02:48.
Old 03 June 2012, 03:40   #1314
Akiko

Quote:

Wow looks amazing! How many colors is that? I'll have to get my 1200 back online and try the new modes.

btw how are you guys embedding these images. I tried with Picasa embeded link and it doesnt work here?

It's HAM8 downgraded to 256 colors.

I use Tinypic.com for embedded images, it isn't necessary to open any account with them, just copy as "IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards" and paste with your post.
Old 03 June 2012, 04:03   #1315
Akiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
Old Samsung? It's a led Tv, isn't it?
It's a Samsung syncmaster LCD I purchased back in 2007, I mean it's my old monitor as I have since replaced it with a newer LED display.

Quote:
And where is that border you say?
It's to the left of the image, I did say the boarder was small

Quote:
Where is the link for the first image?
It can be found in the zone - HD720-TestPics.lha

Quote:
Superplus is amazing!
I agree
Old 03 June 2012, 07:20   #1316
bbond007

Quote:
It can be found in the zone - HD720-TestPics.lha
I converted new HGFX test pics (1024x768) HAM8 test pics.

HDFX-TestPics.lha
Old 03 June 2012, 07:30   #1317
magnetic
Banned

bbond

Can you please post up a .zip instead of .lha so i can view on my pc laptop my miggy isnt online atm.
Old 03 June 2012, 07:41   #1318
bbond007

Quote:
bbond

Can you please post up a .zip instead of .lha so i can view on my pc laptop my miggy isnt online atm.
ok... i will. but you should download winrar. it handles lha just fine and is great for looking at stuff off aminet on the pc.
Old 03 June 2012, 08:25   #1319
bbond007

Quote:
It's HAM8 downgraded to 256 colors.
i'm not sure i could run workbench in 256 colors without going insane.

you can achieve good results with 16 colors using Rebels palette and HamLab+ or Art Department Pro
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wb1.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	255.2 KB
ID:	31798   Click image for larger version

Name:	wb2.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	237.1 KB
ID:	31800   Click image for larger version

Name:	wb3.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	250.4 KB
ID:	31803  

Last edited by bbond007; 03 June 2012 at 14:36.
Old 03 June 2012, 11:56   #1320
paulo_becas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
Appears like "solder junkie" is taken as an offensive term here. It was meant to describe someone who exactly knows how to handle a soldering iron, so something like "geek" - good skill, definitely not a bad thing.

However, there are things about the AGA chipset that obviously even Commodore did not know all the details about. My attempt in describing all the possible sources of problems was meant to show that it's practically impossible for a single person to cover all the differencies and to solve all problems.

Gibs, you're pointing at me, using wording that makes people think that Indivision AGA MK2 causes the glitches. I haven't reacted with the degree of hostility that you demonstrate, but I described numerous times that Indivision AGA MK2 just DISPLAYS the glitches. They have always been there on your board, but you did not notice them, because you never pushed the chipset to the limits with those new screenmodes. You will see exactly the same glitches on a monitor that is connected to the 23-pin port, even without Indivision AGA MK2.

I trust that you have a lot of computer knowledge and experience in your field. However, since there is hardly any written documentation about the hardware side of the AGA chipset and you probably don't develop digital circuits for a living, that specific experience is of no use for this specific problem - you can't seriously take this as an insult.

Jens
I completely agree with you, there's no need for hostility.

Gibs
If you try to push from a PC GPU like Indi pushes with the amiga, in many cases, you'll see the same results depending on the quality of the PC components, so we can't expect that the amiga hardware behaves like we want it to behave, sometimes it's just not possible.
I've tested it on two NTSC equal boards with completely diferent results and yesterday i tested it with a 1D4 PAL Board and the results were like yours so i'm just happy to have one board working well.
Later i'll try to test it with the 2B rev. from my brother.