English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 18 May 2012, 23:46   #1181
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper2k View Post
Hi All,

I am going to update my web page with details of the HDMI adapter and other goodies i am going to sell rather than choke this thread. I'll post a link once its done (tonight sometime).

Everything is ready to sell
If you have a web you should add it to your CP, you know, a link "Visit kipper2k homepage!".

Last edited by Retrofan; 19 May 2012 at 20:54.
Old 18 May 2012, 23:57   #1182
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
If you have a web you should add it to your CP, you know, the link "Visit kipper2k homepage!".
here's a link, be a little slow updating the page, but should be finished tonight. Dont expect bells and whistles as web page design is not my forte

http://www.kipper2k.com/amigaforsale/index.html
Old 19 May 2012, 15:29   #1183
hall

Question

A couple of questions for those of you who have been able to try the XTREME 1280x1024 mode on real hardware;

How does this mode compare to the HighGFX 1024x768 in terms of speed? Is it at all usable for a Workbench environment, or more of a proof-of-concept thing?

I'm currently using Indivision MK1, HighGFX 1024x768 @ 64 colors, which to me is an OK compromise between looks and usability.
Old 19 May 2012, 20:53   #1184
diablothe2nd

Thanks for the money request kipper

payment sent
Old 19 May 2012, 21:04   #1185
kipper2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablothe2nd View Post
Thanks for the money request kipper

payment sent

Thank You
Old 20 May 2012, 15:53   #1186
CFou!

Question NTSC not smooth scrolling ?!?

i am testing PAL/NTSC mode on indivision

i thought scrolling was not smooth becauce indivision AGA used PAL mode by default to 60 hertz and not 50 hertz for vertical synchro.

So i have tested Bckid & Turricna 2 in Ntsc thinking it'll be smooth because NTSC mode use 60 hz v-sync.

but it's no smooth for turrican 2 and Bc kid have 'Wave bug" and many gfx bug?

why is not smooth to 60hertz ???

have you idea of the gfx bug in Bckid in NTSC?
Old 20 May 2012, 15:58   #1187
duga

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFOU! View Post
i am testing PAL/NTSC mode on indivision

i thought scrolling was not smooth becauce indivision AGA used PAL mode by default to 60 hertz and not 50 hertz for vertical synchro.

So i have tested Bckid & Turricna 2 in Ntsc thinking it'll be smooth because NTSC mode use 60 hz v-sync.

but it's no smooth for turrican 2 and Bc kid have 'Wave bug" and many gfx bug?

why is not smooth to 60hertz ???

have you idea of the gfx bug in Bckid in NTSC?
Because it's 62,5 Hz (PAL) or 75 Hz (NTSC) right now. Wait for new core.
Old 21 May 2012, 11:53   #1188
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hall View Post
A couple of questions for those of you who have been able to try the XTREME 1280x1024 mode on real hardware;

How does this mode compare to the HighGFX 1024x768 in terms of speed? Is it at all usable for a Workbench environment, or more of a proof-of-concept thing?

I'm currently using Indivision MK1, HighGFX 1024x768 @ 64 colors, which to me is an OK compromise between looks and usability.
The XTreme mode is the same speed, just a higher resolution. The burden on Alice-DMA is the same, so the performance CPU->Chipmem is the same, resulting in the same speed.

Jens
Old 23 May 2012, 14:56   #1189
lolof

How could I download the Exreme mode from the zone.

"lolof, you do not have permission to access this page"

Thanks
Old 23 May 2012, 18:03   #1190
desiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolof View Post
How could I download the Exreme mode from the zone.
From another page:
Quote:
How do I get access to the zone? (http://eab.abime.net/faq.php?faq=vb_...ezone_faq_item)
desiv
Old 23 May 2012, 18:19   #1191
TreacleWench
Amigaaaarrrrgghhh

So Jens, now that the Indivision AGA MkII is out; is there any plans to work on an ECS MkII in the future?

If so, can alot of the design/coding etc be reused on an ECS to speed up development? Or would you instead consider developing an ECS adapter for use with the AGA MkII's expansion socket?

Sorry to bombard you with questions, I am just interested
Old 23 May 2012, 19:11   #1192
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Indivision ECS will stay as it is right now. It's a known-good design and does not require any changes. There is no need for DVI, as ECS is just 12 bit colour resolution. Higher screen resolutions are not of any use, as the speed would be way too slow. Even now people are crying out for faster chipmem access, which is only offered by the A3000.

So no, "Indivisiion ECS MK2" is nothing I even think about. You guys keep complaining about the "high price" of the ECS flickerfixer, and I barely managed to get it under the magical 100,- EUR barrier. And only a few months ago, people started to realize that it's more than just a flickerfixer (P96 driver!), and sales started to pick up again. Why would I increase a price for something that people already see as "expensive"? And what useful features would have to be added? To me, that development is perfect. It's selling, it doesn't cause too much trouble in customer support, and finally, after about three years in the market, it's making me some money. It would not be wise to change anything on such a product.

Jens
Old 23 May 2012, 20:26   #1193
BarryB
Amigaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
So no, "Indivisiion ECS MK2" is nothing I even think about.

Jens
Good, concentrate on the AGA MKII Config Tool
Old 23 May 2012, 20:51   #1194
Hellrun
Commodore Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Hellrun
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryB View Post
Good, concentrate on the AGA MKII Config Tool
I second this notion!
Old 23 May 2012, 23:59   #1195
roy bates

jens.

will this work on a atari st in the near future?
Old 24 May 2012, 02:17   #1196
magnetic
Banned

Jens I have to agree with your assesment of the ECS. It seems a solid product. I dont have one as everyone is out of stock so lets see another prodution run soon please

Besides you guys have way too many projects in development to waste time on a redesign of the ECS indivions imo. (*like Sata for a1200, a600 cpu, a520 etc)
Its much more important to the community to have new products not just next gen of known good hw.
Old 24 May 2012, 09:33   #1197
paulo_becas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
Indivision ECS will stay as it is right now. It's a known-good design and does not require any changes. There is no need for DVI, as ECS is just 12 bit colour resolution. Higher screen resolutions are not of any use, as the speed would be way too slow. Even now people are crying out for faster chipmem access, which is only offered by the A3000.

So no, "Indivisiion ECS MK2" is nothing I even think about. You guys keep complaining about the "high price" of the ECS flickerfixer, and I barely managed to get it under the magical 100,- EUR barrier. And only a few months ago, people started to realize that it's more than just a flickerfixer (P96 driver!), and sales started to pick up again. Why would I increase a price for something that people already see as "expensive"? And what useful features would have to be added? To me, that development is perfect. It's selling, it doesn't cause too much trouble in customer support, and finally, after about three years in the market, it's making me some money. It would not be wise to change anything on such a product.

Jens
You're absolutely right, i don't see a need for another ECS flickerfixer, the actual one is pretty good and it works like a charm. Personally, i don't think it to expensive for the result i have with it, it's a great product and abou the AGA MKII i thought it would be more expensive than it is.
Indeed a fabulous job, Jens you're the man of the moment,
Old 24 May 2012, 10:40   #1198
d0pefish

Agreed, hardware-wise the ECS is spot-on.

*However* there are at least a few of us experiencing buggy/unpredictable 50Hz (1.00) mode with it, as described in this thread.
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=63484

Jens has been notified by webform, but I imagine he is too busy to look into this right now as we don't have a response yet.
I hope Indivision ECS will continue to receive some attention, it'd be a shame if it's EOL now.
Old 24 May 2012, 12:06   #1199
TreacleWench
Amigaaaarrrrgghhh

I'm not interested in higher resolutions. It's just through DVI-D, even at native resolutions the picture is much sharper than you get from the ECS. I have two monitors side by side with my A600 with Indi ECS running on one, an A1200T with Indi AGA MkII running on the other and the difference in sharpness is VERY apparent.

Still, the ECS is a great bit a kit; very compact, easy to fit and I always though it was actually quite cheap! Much less than I paid for my old Indi AGA MkI.
Old 24 May 2012, 12:10   #1200
diablothe2nd

I'm with you guys, don't start anything else until you've sorted the AGA MkII config. There are many of us still unable to fully take advantage of the unit as it stands right now.

I'm eagerly awaiting said tool myself.