English Amiga Board Amiga Lore


Go Back   English Amiga Board > abime.net - Hosted Projects > project.Sprites

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 25 April 2012, 16:55   #1
bluepill
 
Posts: n/a
Bullfrog's Fusion retro-remake

Hi,
I am starting a little remake of Bullfrog's Fusion game and I am looking for some advice.

I have the game up and running in WinUAE from the floppy images I found at LemonAmiga. I also have a sprite ripper from RetroRemakes (GfxRip). I have manages to collect some sprites but I am having trouble finding the backgrounds. Should I expect to be able to find pretty much everything that I can see on the level that is loaded when I do the savestate in WinUAE?

I am, slowly, compiling a map for level 1. This is really tedious stuff. I pause WinUAE, grab a screenshot to file, move the ship across the screen a bit and repeat. Then pull the images into photoshop and stitch them all together. Is there a simpler/better way?

I was hoping to be able to do a uncompressed video capture and then pull out the frames which I want. But still I'd have the photoshop stitching work.

Finally, does anyone know if there is an invulnerability crack/hack for this game. I'm not going to be able to do level 2 this way. I die constantly at the moment so I doubt I'd even get to level 2.

thx
 
AdSense AdSense  
Old 25 April 2012, 16:58   #2
s2325
Zone Friend

s2325's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Gargore
Age: 34
Posts: 13,911
Try cheatcodes: http://hol.abime.net/637/cheatcode
s2325 is offline  
Old 25 April 2012, 17:34   #3
deicidal
Registered Insane

deicidal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ununited Kingdom
Posts: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepill View Post
Hi,
I am starting a little remake of Bullfrog's Fusion game and I am looking for some advice.

I have the game up and running in WinUAE from the floppy images I found at LemonAmiga. I also have a sprite ripper from RetroRemakes (GfxRip). I have manages to collect some sprites but I am having trouble finding the backgrounds. Should I expect to be able to find pretty much everything that I can see on the level that is loaded when I do the savestate in WinUAE?

I am, slowly, compiling a map for level 1. This is really tedious stuff. I pause WinUAE, grab a screenshot to file, move the ship across the screen a bit and repeat. Then pull the images into photoshop and stitch them all together. Is there a simpler/better way?

I was hoping to be able to do a uncompressed video capture and then pull out the frames which I want. But still I'd have the photoshop stitching work.

Finally, does anyone know if there is an invulnerability crack/hack for this game. I'm not going to be able to do level 2 this way. I die constantly at the moment so I doubt I'd even get to level 2.

thx
The graphics as far as i can tell is all in the game & game2 directories
deicidal is offline  
Old 26 April 2012, 12:39   #4
bluepill
 
Posts: n/a
Great. Thanks. I'll try and have a look in the game directories.

Thanks for the link to HOL. I had found those cheats before; but thought I'd check if anyone knew of an invulnerable crack.
 
Old 26 April 2012, 13:23   #5
bluepill
 
Posts: n/a
After a bit of messing around I managed to get the files out of the ADF and into Windows. Unfortunately photoshop doesn't recognise the files. Any suggestions?

I guess you can tell I really am not up to speed with the whole Amiga side of things... It is truly amazing what one forgets over the years. I used to know my A500, A3000 and A4000 backwards, forwards and around corners.
 
Old 26 April 2012, 13:59   #6
deicidal
Registered Insane

deicidal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ununited Kingdom
Posts: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluepill View Post
After a bit of messing around I managed to get the files out of the ADF and into Windows. Unfortunately photoshop doesn't recognise the files. Any suggestions?

I guess you can tell I really am not up to speed with the whole Amiga side of things... It is truly amazing what one forgets over the years. I used to know my A500, A3000 and A4000 backwards, forwards and around corners.
See the zone in a nice friendly gif format
deicidal is offline  
Old 26 April 2012, 14:26   #7
Big-Byte
Long time member

Big-Byte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: UK
Posts: 752
I cannot remember where I saw it but if you have Paint .net then someone has written a plugin that allows you to load in IFF images
Big-Byte is offline  
Old 26 April 2012, 14:49   #8
deicidal
Registered Insane

deicidal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ununited Kingdom
Posts: 758
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Byte View Post
I cannot remember where I saw it but if you have Paint .net then someone has written a plugin that allows you to load in IFF images
I just copied the folders to windows, renamed all the files to iff and the used paint shop pro to convert them.
deicidal is offline  
Old 26 April 2012, 15:28   #9
lilalurl
T32
lilalurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: France
Age: 35
Posts: 2,803
Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Byte View Post
I cannot remember where I saw it but if you have Paint .net then someone has written a plugin that allows you to load in IFF images
Probably here , posted yesterday:
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=64048
lilalurl is offline  
Old 26 April 2012, 15:29   #10
bluepill
 
Posts: n/a
Once again after a bit of messing around I got a nice little Windows utility called Irfanview to open the IFF-ILBM images and batch convert to uncompressed PNG.

I will re-read the stickies about the proper way to provide sprites to the project and upload.
 
AdSense AdSense  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TurboRaketti II remake - Retro Rocket DS girv Retrogaming General Discussion 1 17 September 2008 15:11
AF Bullfrog assembler series Jherek Carnelia Coders. General 35 02 September 2007 03:05
Retro Fusion 1 - Retro Magazine boyo Retrogaming General Discussion 2 19 January 2006 16:44
Street Rod 3 (Retro remake or sequel) T_hairy_bootson Retrogaming General Discussion 6 03 March 2005 14:02

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 16:32.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Page generated in 0.15178 seconds with 13 queries