English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 25 February 2011, 14:23   #1901
Mozzerfan

@ndial

I also experienced graphical errors and crashes after I used my system for some time. I tried my ACA1230/28 on a fixed 2b and 1.d4 motherboard.
I did read the installation manual, and had already tried to move the card back half a millimeter. But it didn't help.
I was really getting desperate, so I decided to move the card back a little more, up to a point where I asked myself if it wasn't too much. But to my surprise it worked this time.
I played some shoutcast radio for more than 2 hours (I also have a masplayer), and I haven't had any graphical errors or crashes since. I couldn't do this when the card was pushed in all the way.
Hope this is of any help to you.
Old 28 February 2011, 05:17   #1902
MrDBUG

We should all sell or send our A1200s to AmigaKit or something and they could see them through, check and verify and see if they could be made to work with this accelerators and then people could buy them back as verified working WITH accelerator :-D I have two A1200s in grave need of assistance due to insufficient memory :-( man 2 meg aint enough for anybody !!
Old 28 February 2011, 20:56   #1903
Vinamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDBUG View Post
We should all sell or send our A1200s to AmigaKit or something and they could see them through
Do you mean everyone?
Old 28 February 2011, 23:37   #1904
amigakit.com

We offer the A1200 motherboard Timing Fix service already here:

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/...oducts_id=1020
Old 01 March 2011, 20:59   #1905
bitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoenfeld View Post
I've had several customers in Germany who had stability problems with their ACA1230-28. Three of them have now confirmed that the attached timing fix is perfectly working for them. One feedback is still pending, and one feedback indicates a warranty case.

Chris from AmigaKit confirmed the fix as well, he even did cross-tests by removing and re-applying the caps to really confirm that these are the cause for the stability problems. Thanks for all that work, Chris!

I have snapped pictures and wrote the attached document. Should anyone of you have stability issues with the ACA1230, please check if you have the capacitors E123C and E125C installed. Only remove them if you really have stability problems. By removing them if you don't have any problems, you're likely to introduce timing issues. In other words: If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Jens
I just got the ACA 1230/28 today - but it causes graphics corruption and after a few minutes the Amiga crashes.

I have a Amiga 1200 (NOS from AmigaKit), Rev 1D4 - so i took it apart to so i could remove E123C and E125C according to Jens' document. Unfortunately my version doe's not have these components - so it's not a timing problem.

I ordered the ACA without MMU, but the box says "with MMU" - On vesalia.de where I bought it, they have refurbished 1230/28 with MMU - could the problem be that I got a wrong board that dosn't work?
Old 01 March 2011, 21:11   #1906
Schoenfeld
electricky.

You are doing the wrong thing: You seek help in a forum. You've bought a new product. Get your support from the ones you've paid.

Please contact Vesalia with your problem, they will help.

Jens
Old 01 March 2011, 21:11   #1907
desiv

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitman View Post
I ordered the ACA without MMU, but the box says "with MMU" - On vesalia.de where I bought it, they have refurbished 1230/28 with MMU - could the problem be that I got a wrong board that dosn't work?
Doubtful.. Although not impossible.

If you got the wrong board, it should just be that you have an MMU as a bonus...

Do you have ACATune as the first entry in your startup-sequence?
Just something to make sure/double check.

Also, it could be a bad/dirty connection. If you can clean your conenction on the A1200, just to make sure..
Some people have had luck with graphics corruption by moving the card back just slightly (Obviously, not while it's on!!!) :-) ...

Good luck

desiv
p.s. Jens is correct. While it probably won't hurt to search/ask here, it's always best to go through your own support on a new product...
Old 01 March 2011, 21:49   #1908
vroom6sri

AmigaKit (UK) helped me quickly sort my issue out with my ACA1230/28 but I did have the timing issue. I can sympathise with you though - I posted lots of comments on here in desperation that someone would reply with a "magic bluuet" cure coz I so wanted to get it working. Now that it is I can say it IS worth the wait. My A1200 is a cracking little time machine of quality Amiga-ness!
Old 01 March 2011, 22:30   #1909
bitman

Quote:
Please contact Vesalia with your problem, they will help.

Jens
Vesalia already contacted - but why not use the meantime to seek a solution?

And if the solution is known, why not post it?
Old 02 March 2011, 01:18   #1910
Mozzerfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitman View Post
Vesalia already contacted - but why not use the meantime to seek a solution?

And if the solution is known, why not post it?
Like desiv and me already said, for some people the solution is to pull the card back.
See my post #1898.
After I got the graphical errors I turned off my system and let it cool down for 15 minutes.
Then I pulled the card back and never experienced any errors or crashes since.
Old 02 March 2011, 06:02   #1911
AmigaDave

Forgive me if this has been discussed already, but has Jens written anything about ever making an ACA030 accelerator for the CD32?

I made the mistake of selling my CD32 68030 accelerator last year and now regret that sale. I would think there would be a great demand for an ACA030 for the CD32 to make a small, easily portable WHDLoad Amiga machine that could play most games.
Old 02 March 2011, 10:57   #1912
Paul_s

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzsteve View Post
Anyway so now I'll have ACA630/A603/IndiECS and a HxC Floppy emulator on the way. Should be a nice setup
Sure you haven't forgotton anything?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaDave View Post
Forgive me if this has been discussed already, but has Jens written anything about ever making an ACA030 accelerator for the CD32?

I made the mistake of selling my CD32 68030 accelerator last year and now regret that sale. I would think there would be a great demand for an ACA030 for the CD32 to make a small, easily portable WHDLoad Amiga machine that could play most games.
Details? Any pics.. interested in this
Old 02 March 2011, 11:02   #1913
fitzsteve
Professional slacker!

Send a message via MSN to fitzsteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_s View Post
Sure you haven't forgotton anything?!
Only thing I forgot was to tell the wife what it cost

Anyway all fits, was a bit of a squeeze but shoe horned it all in!

Will be some space to pop a Subway in there in a few months

Thanks again Jens/Amigakit

Oh and thanks Paul for the Indi ECS
Old 03 March 2011, 01:54   #1914
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

With the ACA1230/56 I've found that with a Sandisk Cf Hd I can have the Fast Ata configured at Pio 4 and with a Trascend I can't get more than Pio3 working. I had this last working with Pio 4 with the B1260. I was getting C:Setpatch unknown command and I coudn't boot it. Now I'm using with the Trascend the old ACATune of my floppy and I'm using the Oliver instructions :
acatune >NIL:
cpu cache burst fastrom >NIL:

but even with them I get the insert disk screen, and I have to make a soft boot to start it right.

Last edited by Retrofan; 03 March 2011 at 02:10.
Old 03 March 2011, 18:30   #1915
Schoenfeld
electricky.

Everyone who has trouble with the ACA1230 cards, please check your motherboard for the Budgie revision. It turned out that there's a third version that I don't have in my collection, and that's Rev.1. I only have Rev.0 and Rev.A in my collection, but a customer from DK has sent pictures to Vesalia today that show a Rev.1 Budgie on an Amiga Technologies board (that one production run after the demise of Commodore).

Unfortunately, the board I've had here for repair last weekend was a simple "remove caps" problem, so that's been taken care of. However, now that I learned there's a third Budgie revision, I will have to get hold of such a board, and find out who else has problems that haven't been solved yet. My hope is that all these people (Cammy?) have a Rev.1 Budgie, and I'll find a simple fix to get the accelerators to work reliably.

Jens
Old 04 March 2011, 11:51   #1916
Loedown
Precious & fragile things

Good to see that you're supporting your product Jens and helping people with solutions. So few companies or individuals know what customer service is anymore.
Old 07 March 2011, 13:20   #1917
MrDBUG

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigakit.com View Post
We offer the A1200 motherboard Timing Fix service already here:

http://amigakit.leamancomputing.com/...oducts_id=1020
AHA !! Good ! I might use that service later on if I get the card back from Jens fixed ! Havent heard from him about my problem yet.
Old 07 March 2011, 13:33   #1918
Mr B

Meh. Get on with it. I want a ACA 1230/28 Accelerator and a AGA MK2, so i can use the miggy for 'hwdloading'.

Jens... You should have a huge thank you for your time and effort.
B!
Old 08 March 2011, 07:46   #1919
AmigaDave

Quote:
Everyone who has trouble with the ACA1230 cards, please check your motherboard for the Budgie revision. It turned out that there's a third version that I don't have in my collection, and that's Rev.1. I only have Rev.0 and Rev.A in my collection, but a customer from DK has sent pictures to Vesalia today that show a Rev.1 Budgie on an Amiga Technologies board (that one production run after the demise of Commodore).

Unfortunately, the board I've had here for repair last weekend was a simple "remove caps" problem, so that's been taken care of. However, now that I learned there's a third Budgie revision, I will have to get hold of such a board, and find out who else has problems that haven't been solved yet. My hope is that all these people (Cammy?) have a Rev.1 Budgie, and I'll find a simple fix to get the accelerators to work reliably.

Jens
Jens,

Any chance that you will be designing an ACA030 accelerator for the CD32 in the near future? Check the high prices people are willing to pay for used SX32Pro boards and you will see just how popular such a new design would be if you will produce one of your current ACA030 A1200 re-designed for the CD32.
Old 08 March 2011, 10:30   #1920
mfilos
Paranoid Amigoid

Do you think that there are so many CD32 owners out there that would purchase this if existed?
IIRC hundreds required to make a board profitable or at least worth the investment and time.