English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 18 December 2009, 14:48   #161
Calgor
(Amigas && Amigos)++

@gulliver et al

Great stuff, I will be using this in future.

Does this BB3 require the BB2 ROM Update? (that was an optional install of BB2 and apparently is not compatible with some hardware - my incompatibilities were fixed with scsi.device 43.45 LBA48 patch, so I have it installed always). I ask as I imagine not all BB2 users would have installed this patch on their real hardware. I also know that you don't care as much about AmiKit/AmigaSys - but those a year ago also did not have the BB2 ROM Update installed by default.

I imagine it might only be incompatible if there are some interdependencies between different versions of different rommodules.
Old 19 December 2009, 05:30   #162
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

OK, V1.0 beta is done...
Old 19 December 2009, 23:20   #163
PulsatingQuasar

Great work on the Boing Bag. It saves me the trouble of installing the updated components myself.

Question: Did anyone ever create an OS 3.9 bootdisk with HDToolbox on it so I can format a large harddisk without having to have to load a CD?
Old 20 December 2009, 00:42   #164
gulliver
BoingBagged

I am glad everyone seems to think this BoingBag 3 as something usefull. I hope everyone apreciates this community effort and realizes the good things that we can actually achieve working together!

@Ratte
I agree, i will be more carefull with version bumping!

@Calgor
You should install BB2 rom update as it contains exec.library and some other stuff we didnt touch (Yet!). Of course, you should add the corresponding parameters to make setpatch skip from the AmigaOS Rom Update the loading of the files we did patch. And then load this last ones with loadmodule as the BB3 readme says. It is a bit confusing, but it is easier than it sounds.

@PulsatingQuasar
Good idea, the AmigaOS 3.9 emergency can do that, but requires you use the AmigaOS 3.9 cdrom alltogether. If you are really motivated you can do that with just a floppy alone. It would be nice if you created a simple script that could make this floppy disk by copying files from an AmigaOS 3.9 BoingBag3 installation. It could include HDtoolbox, format, cli, and a couple of other usefull programs.
Old 20 December 2009, 01:40   #165
Calgor
(Amigas && Amigos)++

@PulsatingQuasar

For OS3.9 BB2 version of HDToolBox, I once tried to copy it onto my bootdisk, but I remember it uses Reaction GUI so it had a billion file dependencies and it may have had too many files to fit onto a floppy (I may have given up before I found all dependencies so it may fit somehow). I am not familiar with Reaction so perhaps there is a way to only copy a few files so it can fit. Would be great if someone could find out what files it needs.

If there are too many files (even compressed), I imagine one could boot off floppy then assign a directory onto the CF card or second floppy drive for the Reaction files (but that is clumsy....)
Old 20 December 2009, 04:07   #166
gulliver
BoingBagged

@PulsatingQuasar

Imploder can be found on Aminet and compresses executable files safely, so it may be usefull.
After you have accomplished your goals, always remember to use ReOrg to defragment the floppy. This will speed up floppy usage considerably.
Old 20 December 2009, 04:09   #167
ancalimon
Supernormal

There is a problem with Turkish catalog spelling. It is spelled as "tnrkte" which is wrong. It should be "türkçe" or if you can't see the letters; "turkce"
Old 20 December 2009, 05:02   #168
gulliver
BoingBagged

@ancalimon
Thank you for the bug report!
Old 20 December 2009, 07:52   #169
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancalimon View Post
There is a problem with Turkish catalog spelling. It is spelled as "tnrkte" which is wrong. It should be "türkçe" or if you can't see the letters; "turkce"
Hmm, looks like WinXP mangled that directory name somehow :-( Thanks, I will fix this for 1.0 final.
Old 20 December 2009, 16:25   #170
ancalimon
Supernormal

Also, I have blizkick installed and I used romsplit utility to split the AmigaOS ROM Updates files. All of them are in DEVS:Modules

I load the updates using blizkick
and I use setpatch noromupdate (cause blizkick already reboots after applying the updates to rom)

I think bb3 installer copied the new patched devices to DEVS: and it didn't change anything in Startup-Sequence. I had to copy the fastfilesystem and scsi.device into DEVS:Modules and overwrite the ones there.
Old 21 December 2009, 12:49   #171
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgor View Post
Does this BB3 require the BB2 ROM Update?
It doesn't absolutely require it, but you would be using obsolete versions of eg. exec.library otherwise.

Last edited by Minuous; 26 December 2009 at 04:23.
Old 23 December 2009, 04:32   #172
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

OK, I have released a 2nd beta, which fixes some bugs that have been reported here and at amiga.org. Now in expert mode it also gives you more control over which keymaps, etc. to update.
Old 23 December 2009, 04:34   #173
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancalimon View Post
Also, I have blizkick installed and I used romsplit utility to split the AmigaOS ROM Updates files. All of them are in DEVS:Modules

I load the updates using blizkick
and I use setpatch noromupdate (cause blizkick already reboots after applying the updates to rom)

I think bb3 installer copied the new patched devices to DEVS: and it didn't change anything in Startup-Sequence. I had to copy the fastfilesystem and scsi.device into DEVS:Modules and overwrite the ones there.
Yeah, Kickstart 3.9 isn't really expected by the installer, it is designed for Kickstart 3.1.
Old 25 December 2009, 18:59   #174
Sir_Lucas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuous View Post
OK, I have released a 2nd beta, which fixes some bugs that have been reported here and at amiga.org. Now in expert mode it also gives you more control over which keymaps, etc. to update.
This is really great! Thank you very much for the effort! Keep up the good work. This thread is just great!
Old 26 December 2009, 04:46   #175
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

On the subject of 68000 vs. 68020 versions:

Apparently there exist 68000 and '020 versions of layout.gadget. Does anyone know which version of layout.gadget is included in OS3.9? Version is 45.9 but it could be either CPU version. If it's the 68000 version, and I can get my hands on a 68020 version of V45.9, then that would be good to include in BB3.
Old 26 December 2009, 05:56   #176
Cosmos
Banned

It's for 020+ in the Boing Bag 2...

Where is the 000 version ?
Old 30 December 2009, 16:19   #177
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmos View Post
Where is the 000 version ?
IIRC, it is in the ClassAct package. Which IIRC can be gotten from the AWeb site.
Old 30 December 2009, 22:11   #178
cybernoid
Users Awaiting Email Confirmation

@PeterK

First off all, I have to say your icon.library is very very good. Icons looks better and it's FAST!!!
But I found one "minus" - ProcessIcon doesn't work everytime. It must be of your icon.library because i tried the old library and everything works as it should. Ahh! ProcessIcon can also be the guilty

I use Dopus4 to call crocessicon to copy stack, tooltypes, and command.
Workaround: Use the old icon.library

But what I want is to try your icon.library with A4000. - my mobo is in France for repair. Still waiting
Old 31 December 2009, 00:08   #179
PeterK

Hello cybernoid,

could you please give me some more detailed information on the particular instructions of ProcessIcon with your options that won't work for you.

I've just tried these instructions from the shell:
1. ProcessIcon newicon reficon cdt
2. ProcessIcon newicon reficon css
3. ProcessIcon newicon reficon ctt

with the icon.library 46.4.129 and all seems to work so far for me.
So, what's going wrong on your system?

Maybe, you could also supply the icons in question? Thanks!
Old 01 January 2010, 06:41   #180
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

OK, V1.0 is released...