English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 10 September 2009, 23:05   #1
NewDeli
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to NewDeli
Anyone remember this c64 demo disk (for the miggy)

While browsing the forum, I stumbled upon an old thread about WinUAE not being able to play this demo disk (issue is long gone now, of course ).

I myself didn't care for c64 mods in the good old days, but thought may be some of you would enjoy rediscovering this classic.

The tune loader is fully working from the mouse, and the c64 audio chip is very well emulated apparently .
Old 10 September 2009, 23:22   #2
kamelito
Zone Friend

I remember

Of course I remember, I'm a big fan of C64 tunes so when I got this disk on my Amiga I was blown away. Later they did playsid, then playsid library and CCS64 (Hakan only). Too bad that CSS do not run under OSX though.
I even bought one of the first hardsid card (isa) and later a catweasel to be able to listen to the real thing. I even have the SID chip of Gilles Soulet on my C64. (author of the muzaks for the 5th Axis C64, Albedo for Atari ST, Amiga and PC and Sapiens for Atari ST). All muzaks were composed on the C64 then ported to the other platforms. Now I listen to HSVC on my Iphone
kml
ps maybe I should see a doctor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleauvive View Post
While browsing the forum, I stumbled upon an old thread about WinUAE not being able to play this demo disk (issue is long gone now, of course ).

I myself didn't care for c64 mods in the good old days, but thought may be some of you would enjoy rediscovering this classic.

The tune loader is fully working from the mouse, and the c64 audio chip is very well emulated apparently .
Old 11 September 2009, 00:30   #3
Mark Wright

This amazing disk was my first real experience of witnessing usable emulation on an Amiga. I'd played with A64 before on my A500 but it was too slow to impress me at the time, so when the "100 Most Remembered C64 Tunes" dropped through my letterbox, my jaw dropped in complete awe.

It's hard to describe how stunning an achievement this seemed at the time (1990) when pretend chip tunes and Future Composer efforts were the norm. But what came first? RSI's Martin Galway Music Show or this??

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamelito View Post
Of course I remember, I'm a big fan of C64 tunes so when I got this disk on my Amiga I was blown away. Later they did playsid, then playsid library and CCS64 (Hakan only). Too bad that CSS do not run under OSX though.
I even bought one of the first hardsid card (isa) and later a catweasel to be able to listen to the real thing. I even have the SID chip of Gilles Soulet on my C64. (author of the muzaks for the 5th Axis C64, Albedo for Atari ST, Amiga and PC and Sapiens for Atari ST). All muzaks were composed on the C64 then ported to the other platforms. Now I listen to HSVC on my Iphone
kml
ps maybe I should see a doctor...