English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 26 November 2008, 12:16   #21
DamienD
Banned

Guys, try to stay on topic. No more posts about the "red head" in this thread please. I may actually move them into OT in a minutes...
Old 26 November 2008, 12:45   #22
DH
Global Moderator

OK DamianD, sorry mate

There was another one near my school called 'Coopers'. It was where all the school kids went on there dinners, it was quite big inside, it had 4 pool tables and two snooker tables, but most of all it must of had 50-100 arcade machines in there.

Unfortunately the school, and surrounding neighbours, filed a petition for it to close 'cause of us kids, and finally around 1985-86 it closed for good, only to reopen as a snooker hall. No damn Arcade machines any more

You just don't get them like you used to any more. They are usually full of bandits and old people or uncontrollable gamblers who spend there life savings on making an utter loss. No young talent feesting thier eyes on whats inside your pockets not that they would get any money off me these days.

Yep! The old arcades are now very sparse, it's quite hard to find a decent one nowadays, but then, with the computer taking over the games scene I suppose what do you expect.
Old 26 November 2008, 13:11   #23
Fingerlickin_B
Amiga Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff View Post
The only thing we have left here are the f*ckin poker machines..
Ah Spiff, I don't know where "Neverland" (your profile location) really is, but it MUST be in Australia...f*cking poker machines everywhere

Horrible devices they are! I hate them & don't put any money in.......ever!

PZ.