English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 24 July 2006, 17:36   #21
WayneK

Redzone: We (Rotox + I) coded the gameboy stuff using z80 cross-asm stuff on PC's - by this time our Amigas were firmly in the 'retro' corner

And yes, the gameboy was capable of making DTMF/C5/C4 tones...allegedly!
Old 24 July 2006, 18:39   #22
4pLaY

Hey old wankers =) rotox wk and red! nice to see you are all still around! im in the same corner as Rotox! scene sucks now and for that ive pulled out (taking RSE with me) but we are far from dead =) right now we are currently producing some soft titles for (yes red) AROS =) you can check out our paint app here http://sub-ether.org/lunapaint/ all free of course =) who knows we might be doing a demo or 2 god knows i have enough gfx and music around for it since scene sucks so much these days the litle time i have for geek related matters goes into me organising AROS and keeping RSE together =) and you old farts should check our cy0rgs/RSEs company http://magic-productions.fr/ just check the titles of the games :-) cant get it more oldschool then that.

Old 25 July 2006, 00:56   #23
Rotox

Gameboy is/was a great handheld at the time, and yes you could do naughty things with them too. One of the CPL guys even coded a Blueboxing utility but it was never fully completed, but it did do what it was supposed to do. He shall remain anonymous

@redblade:

All the phreaking/hacking stuff that some of us used to take part in is very risky business these days. I would definitely stay well away from it unless you're wanting to make friends with the police.

A friend of mine from NZ got busted for stuff to do with BB/CC and they wanted him to pay some insane amount of money back for it all.

Old 28 July 2006, 23:04   #24
redblade
Zone Friend

rotox: who was the guy in .nz ?

Canaan, ][ype/Qwid/Raider? or Snake & Delboy Prestige.

Canaan said he got busted and he was pissed of cos they took his A1200 with a accelerator, I think it was a 040 and he never got it back.

yeah it sux, I don't play around with the phones so I just have to MAME and have a little play with WinUAE.
Old 30 July 2006, 09:17   #25
Rotox

Sandman / Paradox

He used to run a BBS and modem trade. I think he's still around somewhere on the net, but I've not bumped into him again. Would be cool to chat to him again, although this time I wouldn't be calling him and his friends up on conferences like I used to.

Old 05 August 2006, 10:16   #26
redblade
Zone Friend

ah Sandman / Paradox.

Wasn't his bbs called 'Shark Island' think I saw that some where.

I remember talking to ][ype/Qwid and he said that a Sandman started to ring him up and start annoying him for dialing codes.

yeah if you do get in touch with him can you give me his details.

How long did it take to develop your ASCII style? You use Cygnus Ed? What did you think of Metalbashers style?
Old 07 August 2006, 17:15   #27
No5

Lol. Yes I did stop after getting busted but only for a few years. You know its like a drug once uve had it and stopped its easy to go back and take some more.

After the court case I sold everything got married and settled down. Until as a thankyou from a supplier who we placed a few several thousand pound orders with gave me a laptop. What a mistake a computer back in my home

Then I got very naughty writing some stuff which made a group I used to be with pretty famous for what they did. I quit there though going on for 4 years ago and never looked back since. Never done it since either guess old age caught up with me or just the plain fact that I've now got kids and I neither have the time to mess anymore nor the balls to place such a risk on my family as well as on myself.

Nice to see ur still alive tho Rotox have u settled down now? got kids?

Last edited by No5; 07 August 2006 at 17:22.

Old 07 August 2006, 22:48   #28
Yaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by No5
Then I got very naughty writing some stuff which made a group I used to be with pretty famous for what they did.
Can't think what that coulda been then..... infamous is more like it eh mate
Old 07 August 2006, 23:00   #29
No5

Lol at Yaz.

In fact now I think about it if it wasn't for you getting me onto that other forum you was on I would never have started being naughty again.

Old 08 August 2006, 13:10   #30
Rotox

@redblade

Yep, that's right.. Shark Island.

I used to be co-sysop on there and did some of the ASCII's for it too.

I've tried to change the style over the years, so I'd have to say it's always developing. I only actually started to do logos because it used to pass the time while uploading to boards, plus they didn't have anything but text at the time for the description of the release. I started off doing them in CED, but much later on (PC) did them with Editplus2+Amiga font.

Metalbasher did some nice logos and also some bad ones. Like all of us that did logos. They didn't always turn out the way you wanted them too, or you started to hate the look of them after seeing them a few times. I think most of us inspired each other in some way or another.

@No5

Kids? you're joking. I can't even look after myself, let alone kids. I still haven't grown up, I'm still a slacker, and still remembering the good times on the Amiga

@Yaz

Nice to see you on here too. Years have gone by since we last met, and the last time I remember all the DTL guys being together was at one of the parties where we all got together and someone took a picture of us all for a slideshow of some sort.

Old 08 August 2006, 21:21   #31
Yaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by No5
Lol at Yaz.

In fact now I think about it if it wasn't for you getting me onto that other forum you was on I would never have started being naughty again.
Actually you're right - it's all my fault you got back into the whole scene

Winner
Old 14 August 2006, 09:26   #32
redblade
Zone Friend

No5: Yeah I know what you mean about the age thing.

It's a bit dodgy if you are 20+ and try out to go beige boxing, it's more of a teenager thing. Also if your down at the payphone dialing numbers all day, or go down with a metal box it might look a bit *suspicous*.

@Rotox: Yeah I guess you would have to waste time uploading warez at 9600bps, Glad amiga was a multitasking computer and you could have both NComm and CED open