English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 17 May 2006, 23:04   #21
stainy
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to stainy Send a message via MSN to stainy
Give it a chance man!! you not even played it !!
Old 17 May 2006, 23:08   #22
mangemani

Quote:
Originally Posted by stainy
Give it a chance man!! you not even played it !!
i will give it a chance,but from what the trailer showed,it didnt looked like sensible.

is the game avalible on the PC or is it a console game?
Old 18 May 2006, 00:54   #23
StarEye
Zone Friend

Well, 100% of the peope who's played it has said it's Sensible in every possible way. The trailer doesn't show much. And just because it has added features doesn't mean it's not Sensible. If it hadn't, then you might as well play the original.

It's coming out on PC, PS2 and Xbox.
Old 18 May 2006, 01:08   #24
mangemani

but it is just that that makes sensible soccer sensible soccer....no scenes after each goals,no "press-one-button-and-you-make-some-special-move",no special effects,just 100% pure and fast fotball action,1 klick on the joystick button and some moves on the stick and the player does curved balls and so on..THAT is sensible soccer.
but as i said,i will give the game a chance,but i surely hope that the trailer is incorrect
Old 18 May 2006, 01:23   #25
StarEye
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangemani
but it is just that that makes sensible soccer sensible soccer....no scenes after each goals,no "press-one-button-and-you-make-some-special-move",no special effects,just 100% pure and fast fotball action,1 klick on the joystick button and some moves on the stick and the player does curved balls and so on..THAT is sensible soccer.
but as i said,i will give the game a chance,but i surely hope that the trailer is incorrect
The scenes wasn't in the original purely out of technical limitation. I don't think there are any special effects in this, I didn't see them at least. You have two buttons pluss a run-button to use, so it's kept simple. You also have aftertouch, which is what the move-stick-after-shooting-to-curl move.

It's not like the original SWOS didn't have any special moves. Aftertouch along the ground, bicycle kick, two types of headers (diving and normal), lobbing headers, control ball in different direction when tackling it. I think this game will be just like the original. Easy to learn, difficult to master. You learnt how to play withing a minute or two, but you have to practice to see the real depth.
Old 18 May 2006, 02:16   #26
mangemani

ah well,i look forward to try the game
Old 26 May 2006, 14:41   #27
StarEye
Zone Friend

Just tried the demo and I just gotta say...

WOW!

I love it! It definately both feels and plays like Sensi, but different enough to warrant buying it! And seriously, 18 GBP for a new version of the best arcade soccer game ever created? Had a few niggles with the demo, but those are supposedly fixed for the full version. And Eurogamer scores it 9/10! This game shows what's wrong with a lot of games today... we need more emphasis on FUN, and this is the perfect example of it!

The future is Sensible!
Old 26 May 2006, 21:55   #28
adgloride
Amiga Mod Chipper

I managed to download the demo for the xbox. I've played the demo a few times now you can only play England vs Argentina. It plays brilliantly. If its a remake of SWOS this should be an awsome game.
Old 26 May 2006, 22:09   #29
StarEye
Zone Friend

I belive it's more of a successor to the first Sensible Soccers, but with a lot more competitions. If it sells well, I have no doubt we'll see a SWOS successor and one that includes online play. That's what we all want, isn't it?
Old 27 May 2006, 00:47   #30
adgloride
Amiga Mod Chipper

I'm a bit disappointed it not more like SWOS as it was an incredible game. I've never seen another game were you can play football as well as be any team in the world and buy any player in the world. Its disappointed that theirs no online play as well. To think of the competitions you could have online. As StarEye said their will be a successor to this. Codemaster will probably do a EA games and grace us with up to date versions of sensible soccer every year with a lick of paint. It will depend on how this sells, the graphics aren't good by todays standards but the games got more playability than any fifa or pro evo game.
Old 27 May 2006, 11:44   #31
StarEye
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by adgloride
Codemaster will probably do a EA games and grace us with up to date versions of sensible soccer every year with a lick of paint.
Sensible Software already did this with the old Sensi games, from the first one to the last one. Sensible Soccer, Sensible Soccer 92/93 (or v1.1), Sensible Soccer v1.2, Sensible World of Soccer, Sensible World of Soccer 95/96, Sensible World of Soccer 96/97. Not to mention all the different formats too. I hope this is a new beginning for the Sensible Soccer series, and it will once again become a good and stable alternative to FIFA or PES. I look at Sensi the same way as I do with Wii and the next generation of consoles. Most people will buy either an Xbox 360 and a Wii, or PS3 and a Wii. In this case, people may buy FIFA and Sensi or PES and Sensi.
Old 27 May 2006, 15:23   #32
BippyM
Global Moderator

I'm not buying an xbox360 or a wii.. err.. what do I fall under
Old 27 May 2006, 16:18   #33
StarEye
Zone Friend

You fall under the "old fanatic amiga-user who refuses to acknowledge the future" genre...
Old 27 May 2006, 16:19   #34
BippyM
Global Moderator

uhmm.. I can live with that... (and my ps3 when I get it)
Old 27 May 2006, 16:29   #35
StarEye
Zone Friend

At least, you can be sure Sensible Soccer will work on the PS3. That's why I'm getting the PS2 version rather than the Xbox version.
Old 27 May 2006, 16:33   #36
BippyM
Global Moderator

Old 30 June 2006, 04:38   #37
Equalizer

The game is now out in the shops

Equalizer of Intuition

Now working for Codemasters