English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 07 August 2023, 06:03   #41
BooBoo02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
It's a mixture of Pokémon and F.O.M.O., I know I have a problem, but still.....
Yeah i know what you mean. Every time i see a TOSEC update, i am there but to tell you the truth, these have just sat on a hard drive for more than 10 years and i have never had the need for them cause when ever i do need something for my Amiga or for WinUAE, i automatically jump online and do a Google search or visit Amiga pages on the web. I dont even realize i have this software on hand. Collecting these rom collections and doing nothing with them is like what a lot of us do with Amiga's and other retro hardware. We collect, store them away and dont use them for decades at a time. Well i am now on the hunt over at archive.org to see what i can find. LOL
Old 07 August 2023, 09:37   #42
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBoo02 View Post
Yeah i know what you mean. Every time i see a TOSEC update, i am there but to tell you the truth, these have just sat on a hard drive for more than 10 years and i have never had the need for them cause when ever i do need something for my Amiga or for WinUAE, i automatically jump online and do a Google search or visit Amiga pages on the web. I dont even realize i have this software on hand. Collecting these rom collections and doing nothing with them is like what a lot of us do with Amiga's and other retro hardware. We collect, store them away and dont use them for decades at a time. Well i am now on the hunt over at archive.org to see what i can find. LOL
That's why I got rid of my 'OMG! SUPER-RARE! NEED HAVE NOW!' collections a few years ago Turran's server is pretty much all you need when you need something. But I do get why the 'Gonna catch 'em all' is still strong in a lot of retrogamers
Old 07 August 2023, 13:38   #43
btp

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyJarrett View Post
For Amiga, check out:

/TOSEC Updates/2023-07
Many thanks!
Old 18 May 2024, 13:14   #44
Crashdisk

Hi,
we've taken our time, but here's a new release from TOSEC
As usual, more info can be found on our website.

Special thanks for the Amiga part of this release go to Curtcool, Newpain, Retroplay and rygar.

please note a small correction attached to this message for "Commodore Amiga - Games - [ADF]".
Enjoy!

Quote:
Welcome everyone to the first TOSEC release of 2024!
We had originally planned this for Easter but found that we had so much more to include this time that taking a few extra weeks would make all the difference. Hopefully, you'll agree with us as we put out another packed release.
The new datpack can be found in our Downloads section. As always, make sure to peruse the readme.txt (or click 'READ MORE...') and feel free to join us on Discord or at the forum with any related discussion.
The Old School Emulation Center
17/05/2024

Welcome everyone to the first TOSEC release of 2024! We had originally planned this for Easter but found that we had so much more to include this time that taking a few extra weeks would make all the difference. Hopefully, you'll agree with us as we put out another packed release.

First of all, we have to start with our stalwart contributors Crashdisk and duncantwain. As always, they've made so many massive changes and additions to the beloved Amiga and C64 DATs that it's impossible to catalogue everything. These systems are so astonishingly popular and the amount of files so huge that it's hard to overstate how vital this work is now, and will be in the future, in helping others to navigate these massive sets of data.

Another of our regular contributors, mictlantecuhtle, has been at it again. As well as many updates to the Apple II sets, his latest contributions explore the wide and wonderful world of computing, covering everything from the 1953 APE(X)C machine through to modern DIY/opensource consoles like the Pokitto.

We've also seen a welcome influx of contributions from the TOSEC forums and Discord. Of particular note is Newpain's massive overhaul of the IBM PC and Atari ST DATs, along with various additions and fixes to a range of others. We'd also like to thank smesgr, µicr0Bee, bikerspade, gu3, and regnsloja, along with many others, who have helped with new additions and fixes to errors over the past several months.

Before we move on to update on the ISO and PIX projects, one final note of thanks to Cassiel, who briefly emerged from retirement to fix a single error with the Tangerine Oric-1 DATs that's been bugging him for years before promptly disappearing again.

For the first time in many years, the scanners have laid dormant in the TOSEC-PIX offices, with members concentrating on moving some of the backlog. That being said, the PIX update is pretty sizeable, weighing in at close to 350GB! At the TOSEC-ISO offices, things have also been moving at a frenetic pace, with hundreds of submissions received from members worldwide. Also received were a few sizeable donations of physical media to add to the project. Thanks to everyone who has donated either physical media or submitted disc images to the project. It is most appreciated. Thanks as well to Maddog, our resident Dreamcast expert, for managing to dig up a few more super rare undumped releases to include in this release.

Finally, none of this would be possible without PandMonium, who tirelessly coordinates all of our submissions, fixes all of our (mostly mictlantecuhtle's) mistakes, and deals with all the scripts and backend work that make each release happen. The fact that he's managed to do it this time while also dealing with a sleepless baby speaks volumes about his dedication to the project.

Hopefully we'll be back before too long with yet more retro goodness, but until then, enjoy this first release of 2024!

Be sure to join our Discord channel if you haven’t already.

Enjoy this release and see you all in a few months!
Old 18 May 2024, 13:16   #45
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Merci beaucoup
Old 18 May 2024, 13:31   #46
dreadnought

Sounds great, especially the Amiga stuff and TOSEC_PIX. Thanks!

(now to track it down again and replace my old 'un)
Old 18 May 2024, 17:42   #47
Retroplay
Lemon Curry ?

As always, splendid work Crashdisk.
Old 18 May 2024, 22:33   #48
rygar

Thank you!!! My pleasure
Old 19 May 2024, 08:43   #49
btp

Awesome! A big thanks to all contributors for this new release!
Old 19 May 2024, 23:11   #50
hitm4n

Thanks as always...

I was surprised to see Speccy didn't get any updates, has LadyEklipse dropped out?

Well, back to hunting for those lovely green ticks again
Old 20 May 2024, 12:08   #51
chip

Great news !

There's someone who could upload the disks to the TURRAN ftp ?

Thanks !
Old 20 May 2024, 12:10   #52
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip View Post
There's someone who could upload the disks to the TURRAN ftp ?
The TOSEC set on Turran's file server will be updated. Give it some time
Old 20 May 2024, 15:39   #53
chip

I don't need the TOSEC set updated, i only need the new TOSEC release as single update
Old 20 May 2024, 17:00   #54
Viceroy

Great work Crashdisk, well done!
Old 20 May 2024, 22:46   #55
Ian
Global Moderator

Scanned the new dats two days ago, now the SATA port on my harddrive broke (It's a Toshiba performance X300 - Apparently it's common on these)

It's all your fault TOSEC lol

TOSEC stuff has gone. MF'er.

Just as someone started making a dent on my ST unknowns.....

CURSES.

Other than that, thanks Guys.
Old 21 May 2024, 10:54   #56
chip

Hi Crashdisk

Do you have the disks to upload on TURRAN ftp ?

Thanks !
Old 22 May 2024, 09:33   #57
Crashdisk

Thank you for your feedback, it's always a pleasure
The new update files won't be available for another month or so.
I wouldn't want to spoil the hunting party in progress
Old 22 May 2024, 09:41   #58
Crashdisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
Scanned the new dats two days ago, now the SATA port on my harddrive broke (It's a Toshiba performance X300 - Apparently it's common on these)

It's all your fault TOSEC lol

TOSEC stuff has gone. MF'er.
I'm using an Toshiba N300 in my NAS and so far, so good
If you've got Amiga stuff to share with us, take advantage of FTP to keep your data safe
Old 22 May 2024, 10:21   #59
Ian
Global Moderator

I've got no amiga stuff now lol but I did upload everything a year or so ago so should be able to get that back at least. All my none amiga stuff that wasn't dat'ed is probably gone forever though.

Sad times lol

You'll probably be alright, I searched youtube on if its possible to fix and the first result was someone with the exact same hard drive, just a different capacity.
Old 22 May 2024, 10:29   #60
Crashdisk

Yes I understand you very well, 15 years ago I was burgled and lost my NAS in the same time.
I lost my whole digital life that day...