English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 17 May 2024, 13:16   #461
Nightfox

Is this project open source, on GitHub etc?
Old 17 May 2024, 17:00   #462
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightfox View Post
Is this project open source, on GitHub etc?
What project?

I think AmiQuake like all Novacoder's amazing Amiga ports on Aminet are all distributed without the original source or his modifications.

He hasn't made a new product using the source, just the old one targeted at different platform. And while it might be against the rules of the GPL license that they were released with (and I am slightly nervous that one day he might get hit by a bus and his source code is lost forever) I for one don't think we should push for it while he's still here and active in the scene.
Old 17 May 2024, 18:54   #463
pixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
What project?

I think AmiQuake like all Novacoder's amazing Amiga ports on Aminet are all distributed without the original source or his modifications.
I would hope since the binaries are distributed that also the sources could be put on aminet, if they aren't already

PS- he doesn't have to put it on aminet, it only has to provide them if asked, if no one ask for it there's really no issue here.

Last edited by pixie; 17 May 2024 at 20:40.
Old 17 May 2024, 20:10   #464
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

I say we don't talk about it and leave NovaCoder to himself. If he wants to leave them for us when he's ready great. If not I personally don't care. We're no worse off than had he not done them.
Old 27 May 2024, 09:49   #465
hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaCoder View Post
I just finished a new port of WinQuake to 68k (AGA/RTG).

This is another of my ports that could be enhanced with Indivision AGA Graffiti support one day

[ Show youtube player ]

I'll upload it to AmiNet in the next couple of days.
Source code?
Old 27 May 2024, 10:12   #466
hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
What project?

He hasn't made a new product using the source, just the old one targeted at different platform. And while it might be against the rules of the GPL license that they were released with (and I am slightly nervous that one day he might get hit by a bus and his source code is lost forever) I for one don't think we should push for it while he's still here and active in the scene.
My approach if I jump into Amiga C++ programming, I would start with SDL 1.2 e.g. https://github.com/HenrykRichter/libSDL12_Amiga68k (I'm not sure about its optimizations) and https://github.com/watsonmw/fe2-intro example

My day job C++ scope is limited to Visual C++ or Borland C++ Builder on Windows. I have recompiled WinUAE 5.2 on my Zen 4 workstation. My employer doesn't allow side projects with public consumption.

Last edited by hammer; 27 May 2024 at 10:21.