English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 13 May 2024, 00:52   #21
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
I have found, green screen can also be dodgy connections on agnus.
Yep... I know, but everything looks as new and good connections. And also, about my green screen I've exchanged the Gary with a working one. I've changed the ram chips... So it only can be the Agnus:

Old 15 May 2024, 11:53   #22
TommyTomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigakit.com View Post
Sorry to hear that and many thanks for your orders. It is good to be back online after a server fire in the datacentre a month ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
What I'm more concerned about now is about your "Support&Help" email as you haven't answered for 4-5 months now. About 5 emails I've sent without any answer.
Looks like your emails went up in smoke too...
Old 15 May 2024, 12:50   #23
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

I agree that the "silent treatment" is unacceptable.

However there is only so much aftersales "Support and Help" that a retrogame hardware company can offer and that a customer should expect.

I don't know the specifics but this reads like this is a complex case.

This isn't "a posted order that went missing" or "items ordered that are on back order" it sounds like a "It doesn't work for me guv!" question which can be complex, especially over email.

The oldest Amiga is now almost 40 years old you can't expect companies like Amigakit to offer complex HW support to diagnose your faulty PSU, aging capacitors, battery damage or basically anything outside the item they sold you.

What you should expect is a prompt reply to support questions (during work hours) but expect it to be : "We don't know what the issue is. Please return the item and all packaging for a replacement or a refund if the item is found to be faulty" and be happy if it is anything more.
Old 16 May 2024, 01:42   #24
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
I agree that the "silent treatment" is unacceptable.

However there is only so much aftersales "Support and Help" that a retrogame hardware company can offer and that a customer should expect.

I don't know the specifics but this reads like this is a complex case.

This isn't "a posted order that went missing" or "items ordered that are on back order" it sounds like a "It doesn't work for me guv!" question which can be complex, especially over email.

The oldest Amiga is now almost 40 years old you can't expect companies like Amigakit to offer complex HW support to diagnose your faulty PSU, aging capacitors, battery damage or basically anything outside the item they sold you.

What you should expect is a prompt reply to support questions (during work hours) but expect it to be : "We don't know what the issue is. Please return the item and all packaging for a replacement or a refund if the item is found to be faulty" and be happy if it is anything more.
My case is a bit different. I ordered a complete A1200 board to be checked/fixed by them. You only had to wait for some months for that. It was expensive a year ago, but it's much more expensive right now. I wouldn't like them to say now something like.... Sorry (add whatever to now cancel it), I just want to receive an answer like "Sorry, it's taking some time because of whatever".

I'll be happy with just an answer from them just telling me that they are still working on it. Their last response was about that I would have a response last weekend, four days ago.

Last edited by Retrofan; 16 May 2024 at 02:02.
Old 16 May 2024, 10:26   #25
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
You have PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrofan View Post
My case is a bit different. I ordered a complete A1200 board to be checked/fixed by them. You only had to wait for some months for that. It was expensive a year ago, but it's much more expensive right now. I wouldn't like them to say now something like.... Sorry (add whatever to now cancel it), I just want to receive an answer like "Sorry, it's taking some time because of whatever".

I'll be happy with just an answer from them just telling me that they are still working on it. Their last response was about that I would have a response last weekend, four days ago.
Old 16 May 2024, 21:51   #26
mattson62

awesome
Old 16 May 2024, 23:43   #27
Retrofan
Ruler of the Universe

Yeah... They have responded now with good news.

AmigaKit is the best place to buy whatever.

And as they have recorded me, I have been buying things from them for many years now, so you can trust my opinion after so long. I recommend AmigaKit

Many thanks for your work, guys.