English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 21 January 2023, 18:30   #21
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlos View Post
Ok, let me reframe the question. How does one invoke host implemented code? I have a use case I want to explore and it would involve a UAE specific version of a library invoking a DLL or similar. For native, substitute whatever your preferred idea of portable code is, but the key point is, it's executing outside of the 68K environment.
Don't ask me, I don't like either solutions currently. Both are too limited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by codepoet View Post
Toni, how does the "async" P96 functionality work? I vaguely recall the original implementation basically packing up some API params into a memory structure on Amiga side, triggering something via UAE emulation layer, and then native code side would unpack the structure locally and execute the operations using CPU code (no actual graphics acceleration at all). Did the async P96 stuff add to this and allow this whole transaction to truly happen asyncronously and then trigger an interrupt or something back to Amiga side when done, so that P96 API calls wouldn't stall the entire emulator during execution?
I am not sure.. don't remember. Either it stops everything during native code or caller Amiga task is frozen but AmigaOS and other tasks keep running (native code execution runs in separate host side thread).