English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 07 January 2023, 20:46   #1
Mclane
Old retro god.

2 mouse buttons 1200 boot, doing nothing?

Maybe it's me (most likely) but I went to use the compatibility menu on a bog-standard A1200 set up. Held down both mice buttons and nothing, just ignored it?

It's using the latest beta, but I didn't want to put it in the thread in case I was making an error or it's not related to that beta directly.
Old 07 January 2023, 21:34   #2
rutra80

Works here. With JIT and no IDE delay you have VERY short time window for that. It's best to do Ctrl-Amiga-Amiga with both mouse buttons pressed.
Old 08 January 2023, 12:20   #3
Mclane
Old retro god.

Just tried with JIT and no change, have to be honest, I scanned all the settings numerous times and could not find the no ide delay option?
Old 08 January 2023, 15:00   #4
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Even without JIT window is quite small (0.5s or so with fast CPU), button must be pressed after window is open but before KS ROM checks them. (Might be almost impossible if switching to fullscreen at the same time).

Misc panel "One second reboot pause" helps. Or reset it using keyboard and then press buttons immediately.
Old 08 January 2023, 15:24   #5
Mclane
Old retro god.

I even had someone do the keyboard reset while I held the two buttons and it just did a regular boot..

Wireless mouse lag?

Pass, not important enough to worry about..

Thanks
Old 08 January 2023, 16:26   #6
rutra80

Maybe there's something funky in Game ports or Input settings?
Old 08 January 2023, 16:30   #7
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

If I remember correctly some laptops (perhaps vendor specific) had some pre-installed helper software that converted both mouse button press combination to some other operation (like middle button press or something).
Old 08 January 2023, 16:35   #8
Mclane
Old retro god.

I would have said yes but just to make sure it wasn't MY settings I deleted the reg key, therefore resetting it to a 'normal' machine. I tried all those things again and still it would not work. It's not important, but when I had my real A1200 with ram card and 100 MB drive in, I could get into the compatibility settings when I needed to. So it makes it seem odd that it's so hard (if not damn near impossible) to do it on the emu.

As I say, it's not important enough to shed time on, I'm sure Toni has a million and one better things to do, be it family stuff or emu stuff. Is it even a fault as such?
Old 08 January 2023, 16:45   #9
Mclane
Old retro god.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
If I remember correctly some laptops (perhaps vendor specific) had some pre-installed helper software that converted both mouse button press combination to some other operation (like middle button press or something).
Possibly, it's a Dell desk top, but Dell are known for doing odd stuff.