English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 24 March 2020, 21:12   #41
Foul

Send a message via ICQ to Foul Send a message via MSN to Foul
i'm using FBlit !

it's in my startup-sequence...

https://pastebin.com/NfEE9DHD if it can help.

(removed icon.library from Blizkick for the moment)
Old 24 March 2020, 21:30   #42
PeterK

For the tests I used your AmigaTest.HDF from the 1. post of this thread. Of course, I know how to install FBlit or P96, but that was not required for checking your dot icon problem.

I think the bug is not fixed as long as there is no update for FS-UAE, but it may not be triggered that much obviously when you remove my library.
Old 24 March 2020, 21:42   #43
Foul

Another weird issue just for exemple : simply click on any file .info in Dopus 4

with icon.library 46.4.527 : requester appear on the Workbench behind

icon.library 44.543 : requester appear inside Dopus

The good news is, it will speed up Frode to release a new version
Old 24 March 2020, 21:49   #44
PeterK

Never had that in WinUAE, but didn't test Dopus4 in FS-UAE yet. Let's see tomorrow ...

Update:
Tested Dopus 4.17pre21 successfully in FS-UAE with OS 3.1 and 3.9, no such hidden IconInfo window. Don't use the buggy 1260 emulation, it can cause a lot of unexpected errors. You can use the normal 68060 CPU instead.

Which OS are you using? I cannot test OS 3.5, and your icon.library is from OS 3.5. Which Dopus4 version, which screenmode and gfx driver? Usually, icon.library should have no influence on where Dopus4 opens the IconInfo window, but who knows ...

Check your Dopus4 configuration, for example the settings for Screen/Mode. Try to boot without SystemPatch.

Update2:
I've made a small debug package for Dopus4. It has no configuration files DirectoryOpus.CFG and DirectoryOpus.CLA in the s/ directory. Before you start this debug version make sure that no other instance of Dopus is running and that neither dopus.library exists in Libs: nor DopusRT in C: or somewhere else in the PATH and you have no Assign for Dopus:.

You can run this debug version once with my library and another time with the other icon.library, then double-click on an icon in Dopus to open the IconInfo window, and you should get some Sashimi output in a console window. Click into that window and type <CTRL>+<F> to get a copy of the output in T:Sashimi.out. Give that file a reasonable name and save it. You can also repeat the tests with your DirectoryOpus.CFG and DirectoryOpus.CLA in the s/ directory. Upload the 2 or 4 log files and your configuration, too. Maybe they can give some information about what happens with your IconInfo window, although I couldn't see anything on my system.

Important: Disable all your patch programs like SystemPatch, MCP and all window related commodities while you are doing any tests.
Attached Files
File Type: lha DebugDopus.lha (433.7 KB, 125 views)

Last edited by PeterK; 28 March 2020 at 06:33.
Old 21 May 2020, 11:49   #45
PeterK

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodeSolheim View Post
Anyway, regarding the possible JIT bug, since it seems to not occur in the in-progress development version, I suggest we wait and do more testing when the next development release is out.
I've tested MOVEM.W with FS-UAE 3.0.5 again and the bug with the missing word to longword sign extension persists for the Jit in 1260, 060 and 040. You can use my attached test program to reproduce it without needing my icon.library.

MOVEM.W occurs 64 times in my code and probably also in many other programs. If that doesn't work correctly it can cause a lot of unexpected behavior. It's important to repeat any Jit test at least 5-6 times in order to start the Jit execution, otherwise you will only see the correct results of the non-Jit emulation. Your 020 code still works correctly.

Ooops, added a missing Null in my code after the linefeed, but the test program was ok, nothing changed.
Attached Files
File Type: lha Movem.W_test.lha (74.0 KB, 137 views)

Last edited by PeterK; 21 May 2020 at 13:45.
Old 22 May 2020, 15:09   #46
Foul

On my system :

icon.library 44.543

icon.library 46.4.533 (020)

Old 22 May 2020, 15:42   #47
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

3.0.5 does not contain any fixes relevant for JIT. But thanks for the test program, I can use that to test the in-development dev version
Old 22 May 2020, 16:09   #48
PeterK

Thanks Foul, but my Movem.W_test doesn't use any icon.library at all. You must have changed something else in your 44.543 configuration of FS-UAE, too. Probably "JIT OFF".

@FrodeSolheim
Sorry, I did not test with your development version yet. Your lower dev version number 2.9.12 confused me too much. Is the dev version older or newer than your latest release version 3.0.5?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FS-UAE3.0.5_iconlib44.543.png
Views:	132
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	67467  

Last edited by PeterK; 22 May 2020 at 16:32.
Old 22 May 2020, 17:19   #49
Foul

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterK View Post
Thanks Foul, but my Movem.W_test doesn't use any icon.library at all. You must have changed something else in your 44.543 configuration of FS-UAE, too. Probably "JIT OFF".

@FrodeSolheim
Sorry, I did not test with your development version yet. Your lower dev version number 2.9.12 confused me too much. Is the dev version older or newer than your latest release version 3.0.5?
In my test i just replaced the icon.library ..it's all !!! my config is untouched between the reboot... (i quit fs-uae and re-launch, just to be sure icon.library is loaded but Blizkick...)