English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.CD32 Conversion

Old 25 April 2020, 08:32   #101
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
Random question:

I found out fairly recently that Kickstart 1.3 forces a CLI to open every time, even if you don't run anything that prints in the startup sequence. So that wastes a tonne of ram, but you can claw some of it back with Add21K, and you can claw even more back with some tools that Ross gave me (40K or so).

CDTV seems to use a version of Kickstart 1.3, so I could possibly investigate using Ross's tools to save some RAM there.

Are there any games that should try as a test? Possibly Lemmings 2: Tribes? I vaguely remember trying, and failing, to make a CDTV version of that.
Yeah you really notice the improvements Commodore made to the Kickstarts when making compilations for the CD32 then going back to 1.3 and the number of times i’ve read lots of stuff isn’t available to try and get RAM back until 2.+!

Yes add21k is one of the few tools i always add where needed. I would be grateful if you could share the tools Ross gave you, anything to get a little RAM back sounds great!

Don’t recall trying Lemmings 2 myself, could well work if you get enough RAM back.
Old 25 April 2020, 12:38   #102
earok

Eep. Lemmings 2 HDD patch actually requires 1.5mb, that was never going to work.

In any case, if there's any games that seem like they should run in 1MB of RAM, but don't quite make it and Add21K doesn't quite free enough, you could try Close and Run:

https://github.com/earok/close-and-r...oserun.bin.68k

Which runs like this:

CloseRun "GameName"

(Game name needs to be in quotes, you can add multiple programs to launch in succession if they're all in quotes)

Or EndRun (an official Commodore tool, it's on the CDTV developer kit and should be fairly easy to find).
Old 25 April 2020, 13:15   #103
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by earok View Post
Eep. Lemmings 2 HDD patch actually requires 1.5mb, that was never going to work.

In any case, if there's any games that seem like they should run in 1MB of RAM, but don't quite make it and Add21K doesn't quite free enough, you could try Close and Run:

https://github.com/earok/close-and-r...oserun.bin.68k

Which runs like this:

CloseRun "GameName"

(Game name needs to be in quotes, you can add multiple programs to launch in succession if they're all in quotes)

Or EndRun (an official Commodore tool, it's on the CDTV developer kit and should be fairly easy to find).
Ok thanks, will give them a try
Old 27 May 2020, 19:00   #104
Amigajay

CDTV Vol.8 and 3x Discis CD collections are now available to download for everyone.
Old 08 September 2020, 19:21   #105
sovox

for Amigajay

Ciao a tutti sono italiano e scusatemi se non scrivo inglese ho creato anchio un cd per CDTV non sono bravo come Amigajay perchè il mondo amiga non lo so usare, diciamo che è più un esperimento ho usato il workbench 1.3 e inserito giochi e programmi sapendo che ci sono molte limitazione, la maggior parte dei giochi sono in italiano chiedo a Amigajay ti andrebbe di modificare e creare un ipotetico vol new con il contenuto di questo cd che ho creato per gli italiani qui scarichi la ISO https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IVM...ew?usp=sharing se ti va di modificare con il tempo, creare la stessa struttura dei tuoi CD con menu da condividere per tutto
grazie
giuseppe

questo è il mio sito https://www.edicola8bit.com/default.php
Old 08 September 2020, 19:29   #106
DesktopDynamite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovox View Post
Ciao a tutti sono italiano e scusatemi se non scrivo inglese ho creato anchio un cd per CDTV non sono bravo come Amigajay perchè il mondo amiga non lo so usare, diciamo che è più un esperimento ho usato il workbench 1.3 e inserito giochi e programmi sapendo che ci sono molte limitazione, la maggior parte dei giochi sono in italiano chiedo a Amigajay ti andrebbe di modificare e creare un ipotetico vol new con il contenuto di questo cd che ho creato per gli italiani qui scarichi la ISO https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IVM...ew?usp=sharing se ti va di modificare con il tempo, creare la stessa struttura dei tuoi CD con menu da condividere per tutto
grazie
giuseppe

questo è il mio sito https://www.edicola8bit.com/default.php
Grazie Giuseppe, I am following your post on FB as well. Grazie per condividere

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk
Old 08 September 2020, 20:25   #107
Amigajay

Hi, i got the general gist with a translator, unfortunately its a bit too much to ask for a ‘favour’ and will take a while to do, any spare time i’m putting doing the A-Z CD32 discs. Soz
Old 09 September 2020, 07:08   #108
sovox

questo lo so ci vuole molto tempo, io purtroppo non sapendo usare Amiga dos non sono in grado di continuare, per ogni problema deve chiedere, senza impegno per un prossimo tuo CD io continio di vedere se riesco a migliorare alcuni problemi su alcuni giochi che mi danno problema come CRUISE FOR A CORPSE che va in crash non carica, ma in generale sembra che funzionano quasi tutti i giochi
ad ogni modo ti ringrazio per queste ISO che hai creato, che hai condiviso per tutti, anche a me piace fare le cose e condividerle senza chiedere niente, al momento non il caddy per provare il CD

I know this it takes a long time, unfortunately I do not know how to use Amiga dos I am not able to continue, for every problem you have to ask, without obligation for your next CD I keep seeing if I can improve some problems on some games which give me problem like CRUISE FOR A CORPSE crashing not loading, but in general it seems like almost all games work
anyway thank you for these ISOs you created, which you shared for everyone, I also like to do things and share them without asking for anything, at the moment not the caddy to try the CD
Old 09 September 2020, 12:32   #109
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

@AmigaJay thanks for all the work for our CDTV

https://archive.org/details/@amigajay_?and%5B%5D=cdtv

@sovox anything you can do to create things for CDTV users is very much appreciated.
Old 20 September 2020, 10:00   #110
sovox

Menumaster workbench 1.3

Ciao Amigajay
ho creato anchio il menu con menumaster, ho un problema come faccio per caricare il workbench 1.3 con un click mi tocca uscire da menumaster per proseguire il caricamento, si può configurare che mi esce da menumaster con un click

rmtm
menumaster
keeper load.iff
SYS:System/SetMap i ;Activate the ()/* on keypad
MakeDir RAM:T
MakeDir RAM:Clipboards
MakeDir RAM:env
Copy >nil: sysrefs/env-archive/ RAM:ENV ALL QUIET
Assign ENV: RAM:ENV
Assign T: RAM:T
Assign CLIPS: RAM:Clipboards
loadwb -debug
keeper quit
endcli
Old 23 September 2020, 00:57   #111
sovox

how do i get out of menumaster

come faccio per uscire dal programma menumaster ?
non voglio usare il mouse o usare il tasto Amiga + Q
si può inserire un comando direttamente nel menu ?
esempo quit, per uscire
grazie

how do i exit the menumaster program?
I don't want to use the mouse or use the Amiga + Q key
can you enter a command directly in the menu?
example quit, to get out
thank you

Old 04 October 2020, 21:33   #112
agentirons

Thanks for the great collections, AmigaJay!

Vol. 1 works great on WinUAE, both as an ISO and reading from a burned disc, but for some reason my real CDTV hangs at a black screen after the boot logo and the compilation loading screen. Anybody have ideas as to why that would be? I've got two other burned discs with CDTV software that work fine on the real hardware.
Old 04 October 2020, 22:03   #113
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentirons View Post
Thanks for the great collections, AmigaJay!

Vol. 1 works great on WinUAE, both as an ISO and reading from a burned disc, but for some reason my real CDTV hangs at a black screen after the boot logo and the compilation loading screen. Anybody have ideas as to why that would be? I've got two other burned discs with CDTV software that work fine on the real hardware.
Thanks.

Are the other two burned discs my other CDTV compilations or other stuff?
Old 05 October 2020, 01:29   #114
agentirons

They are other stuff, one is Lemmings for CDTV and the other is the "Welcome to CDTV Multimedia" intro disc. Both came from TOSEC on IA.
Old 05 October 2020, 09:41   #115
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentirons View Post
They are other stuff, one is Lemmings for CDTV and the other is the "Welcome to CDTV Multimedia" intro disc. Both came from TOSEC on IA.
Ok.

Try to burn another compilation or reburn the same one, slow burn as possible, could have just been a bad burn.

I know the compilations work on real hardware as people have posted photos of using them elsewhere.

Don’t forget old cd drives can be notorious for not reading some stuff, i’ve had it with my CD32 discs, most people can use them whilst the odd person simply cannot because of their drive/laser.
Old 05 October 2020, 14:39   #116
agentirons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
Ok.

Try to burn another compilation or reburn the same one, slow burn as possible, could have just been a bad burn.

I know the compilations work on real hardware as people have posted photos of using them elsewhere.

Don’t forget old cd drives can be notorious for not reading some stuff, i’ve had it with my CD32 discs, most people can use them whilst the odd person simply cannot because of their drive/laser.
Looks like I might just have an odd CDTV. Tried Vol. 8 with same disc batch, same burner, etc. got same result - I see the CDTV logo, then the loading screen, then the CD activity light flashes for several seconds but nothing ever comes on screen. Meanwhile I burned Turrican for CDTV the exact same way, works perfectly.

Only thing I can think of besides the drive is maybe a weird memory issue with my unit. There is a sticker on the bottom warning it is for "testing and evaluation purposes" only, so it's possible I've got an unusual one that isn't able to handle these compilations.
Old 05 October 2020, 16:45   #117
sovox

Configurazione CDTV

Messaggio per Amigajay

dato che sei esperto nella creazione delle iso per CDTV mi serve una informazione, come configuro con WinUae per testare la iso che voglio creare io ho questo problema che per testare bene al 100% sono costretto ogni volta a creare la ISO c'è modo di usare una configurazione dove è possibile usare solo la cartella di lavoro ? così mi rende il lavoro veloce, solo per una piccola correzzione mi tocca ogni volta creare la iso, mi potresi inviare la tua configurazione

te ne sarei molto grato
Old 05 October 2020, 16:52   #118
Amigajay

Quote:
Messaggio per Amigajay

dato che sei esperto nella creazione delle iso per CDTV mi serve una informazione, come configuro con WinUae per testare la iso che voglio creare io ho questo problema che per testare bene al 100% sono costretto ogni volta a creare la ISO c'è modo di usare una configurazione dove è possibile usare solo la cartella di lavoro ? così mi rende il lavoro veloce, solo per una piccola correzzione mi tocca ogni volta creare la iso, mi potresi inviare la tua configurazione

te ne sarei molto grato
Just use the CDTV quick load setting, which emulates just a standard machine
Old 05 October 2020, 17:38   #119
sovox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
Just use the CDTV quick load setting, which emulates just a standard machine

Ok ma io non voglio caricare la iso, ma la cartella
Old 05 October 2020, 18:15   #120
Amigajay

Quote:
Ok ma io non voglio caricare la iso, ma la cartella
Not sure what you mean, do you want to build the ISO inside an Amiga environment?

You need to check the Winuae website for help for other stuff like that, i only use the quick and easy way via PC Windows, and only use Winuae for testing loading ISO’s, bar extracting adf’s etc