English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 16 July 2019, 16:48   #1
AmigaBill

The Guru Meditation YouTube / AmigaBill Twitch

I never made one of these threads because I am a bit self-conscious about self promotion in a place I don’t spend that much time (I love EAB and am friends with lots of folks here, but my time is spread thin on all the various social platforms) I just uploaded a video that you might be interested in and want to let folks here know about it so I decided to start this thread. It is an interview with Hi-Toro/Amiga employee #3 Joe Decuir. We met up with Mr. Decuir when he stopped by our Amiga 1000/Jay Miner tribute exhibit at VCF East. He talks about the beginning of the Amiga and a whole bunch of Amiga history. He has been out of the scene for a long time because he had to go into hiding to be protected from legal issues, but now he has become more public and is sharing his valuable stories with the community. Thank you Mr. Decuir

Joe Decuir Interview
[ Show youtube player ]

Here are a few other of our videos you may be interested in:

Samaia Halaby (Amiga Artist)
[ Show youtube player ]

Commodore fails with David John Pleasance and Trevor Disckinson
[ Show youtube player ]

Dave Haynie
[ Show youtube player ]

Glen Keller
[ Show youtube player ]

Greg Berlin
[ Show youtube player ]

I also stream Amiga stuff about once per week over on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/amigabill

Thanks everyone for all the support and I hope you enjoy the content. AMIGA4EVER!

-- Bill
Old 16 July 2019, 18:16   #2
theq
Registerdeaded abUser

I love your videos
Old 16 July 2019, 19:59   #3
nogginthenog
Amigan

Me too!

Don't forget to follow TheGuruMeditation (Bill & co) on twitter: https://twitter.com/TheGuruMeditate
Old 17 July 2019, 12:48   #4
Lorfarius

Bill's stuff is the best Amiga Youtube content going, required watching in case anyone hasn't seen it yet!
Old 17 July 2019, 14:40   #5
AmigaBill

Aw, thank you all for the kind words. Anthony and I have been making Amiga videos since the 1990's. One is up on the channel and I should post a few more. I wish I had time to post more frequently, but fortunately work has been very busy for me the past year so the Twitch streams have worked out nice because there is no editing. But we are in in for the long haul and will continue to make videos, run the Westchester Amiga User Group, and exhibit at festivals for as long as we can lift our CRT's This stuff is super fun. Keep up the great work with your podcast as well Lorfarius
Old 17 July 2019, 17:46   #6
johnnybarker

Yeah, great work Bill! Your videos are excellent. Just about to try installing OS 4.1 on my PC after watching your vid.

Last edited by johnnybarker; 17 July 2019 at 17:48. Reason: Spelling, grammer and other syntax errors.
Old 19 July 2019, 16:15   #7
AmigaBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybarker View Post
Yeah, great work Bill! Your videos are excellent. Just about to try installing OS 4.1 on my PC after watching your vid.
Thank you! OK cool, Good luck! I should really make follow up videos to that and the OS 3.1.4 videos. I will get there one day.
Old 19 July 2019, 16:55   #8
Lous

It is a pleasure to watch your videos Bill.
Cheers
Old 22 July 2019, 03:24   #9
Ledfoot

I still need to drive up for your group meetings one of these months. Just tough given it's about a 2 hour haul during rush hour to get there from Philly...
Old 29 July 2019, 15:23   #10
AmigaBill

NEW VIDEO | Jay Miner Amiga 1000 Tribute Exhibit

NEW VIDEO | Jay Miner Amiga 1000 Tribute Exhibit at VCF East 2019. We join forces with Team Atari to pay tribute to The Father of the Amiga and Atari 8 bit computers. We will be uploading many videos over the next several weeks so stay tuned to TheGuruMeditation for "The Summer of the Guru!"? LINK: [ Show youtube player ]

I will also be streaming over on my Twitch channel on Wednesday at 3pm EDT., Can't wait to try out JetHunt!
Old 01 August 2019, 14:29   #11
Glen M

I've watched a fair few of your videos to date. Just subscribed too so I don't miss any more

Keep up the good work.
Old 07 October 2019, 04:39   #12
AmigaBill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen M View Post
I've watched a fair few of your videos to date. Just subscribed too so I don't miss any more

Keep up the good work.
Thanks Glen!
Old 07 October 2019, 04:46   #13
AmigaBill

Sorry for the lack of updates on this thread, but tomorrow (today for some) I will have Graeme McGeezer Cowie on my stream showing the final version of Rygar. McGeezer is very active here on EAB and has a very detailed development thread all about Rygar. I am looking forward to playing the game and having a pint with him! Come join us and feel free to ask any questions or give any comments. Here is the info:

LIVE STREAM! Monday Oct 7th | 3pm EDT/7pm UTC - New Amiga Game Rygar With The Creator - Graeme Cowie EVENT: https://www.twitch.tv/events/4HEuSYV6TGKBdDmk0AV9TA CHANNEL: https://twitch.tv/amigabill

Hope to see you there!
Old 23 October 2019, 19:25   #14
AmigaBill

Hey everyone, we just made a new video about some cool new Amiga accessories for the 1200/600. Check it out: [ Show youtube player ]

Enjoy!
Old 23 October 2019, 23:28   #15
gulliver
BoingBagged

Thank you for the video!
Old 24 October 2019, 04:34   #16
Pyromania

Cool video, thanx AmigaBill!
Old 24 October 2019, 05:34   #17
lesta_smsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaBill View Post
Hey everyone, we just made a new video about some cool new Amiga accessories for the 1200/600.
Awesome video! I have always enjoyed watching your videos!

"Stock. No good." - ouch, that's both of my A1200's... so far anyways, I just haven't got round to the funds of an upgrade, but this video will be handy to get ideas as to what upgrades are available/worthwhile. Nearly dropped the RAM expansion towards the end!

When it mentions in the video the PCMCIA friendly setting of 5.5MB available, but you mentioned it would jumper to switch off 4MB, hence 4MB remaining? Also, if it can be disabled in software, is this 'real time' or does it require soft boot to apply the settings (just wondering if this can therefore be used as a means of hot-swapping the PCMCIA card in / out)?

If these generous people are wanting to give away some more hardware upgrades, I would happily volunteer my A1200 to receive the upgrade

Good tips on the opening of case and removal of ribbon cable.

Keep up the good work guys!
Old 24 October 2019, 22:23   #18
AmigaBill

The pleasure is mine. Thanks for watching gulliver and Pyromanina!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesta_smsc View Post
When it mentions in the video the PCMCIA friendly setting of 5.5MB available, but you mentioned it would jumper to switch off 4MB, hence 4MB remaining? Also, if it can be disabled in software, is this 'real time' or does it require soft boot to apply the settings (just wondering if this can therefore be used as a means of hot-swapping the PCMCIA card in / out)?
Great question and thanks for the kind words Lesta! Archi-TECH can explain that better than I so I reached out to him directly. Here is his reply, "If you will switch only by jumper, then you have only 4mb (additional 1.5mb (separate area memory) must add from shell or new GUI) all changes will be active after reset CAA. ROM 3.0 have bug, you can have all memory and working PCMCIA"

Ha ha and don't worry, any Amiga is great - stock or pimped. Anthony was just messing around. That said adding some extra RAM to a stock 1200 will open up more options for WHDLOAD because some games require more than 2MB. This is a great option. If you can swing a board with an 030, that would be super sweet as well. And don't forget that the Warp 1260 is coming too, but that is substantially more expensive than just RAM. I believe Archi0TECH is working on an 030 expansion too. So many greta options! We are so lucky.

I hope this helps!
Old 29 October 2019, 18:00   #19
AmigaBill

I am going to interview the creators of the new Amiga game Rotator today on my Twitch stream 3pm EDT/7pm UTC Feel free to ask the guys any questions and check out the new game! LINK: https://www.twitch.tv/amigabill
Old 21 November 2019, 14:59   #20
AmigaBill

NEW VIDEO | Rare Boxed Commodore Amiga Game Rygar Unboxing , Gameplay & Interview wit

NEW VIDEO | Rare Boxed Commodore Amiga Game Rygar Unboxing , Gameplay & Interview with Creator Graeme Cowie VIDEO LINK:

[ Show youtube player ]

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rygar_THUMBNAIL_FINAL_720p.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	204.5 KB
ID:	65248