E-Penguin
Banana

It should be a .bb2 file in your blitzlibs drawer
Old 01 September 2019, 19:40   #22
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Erm.....

My Blitz2 disk has no Blitzlibs drawer

EDIT: The Amiblitz2 folder I have that I use on Winuae (and can't use on my real A600 for obvious reason) do have a Blitzlibs folder, but no such file is there.

Last edited by Shatterhand; 01 September 2019 at 19:51.
Old 01 September 2019, 22:02   #23
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

Ok, I don't know what to do.

from what I got, there was supposed to be an assign to blitzlibs: which was never made on my Blitz2 folder (and like this I managed to completely code 3 games).

so I did an assign blitzlibs: dh0:blitz2

I got makedeflibs from here:

https://www.amigafuture.de/downloads...6ff7cdf0180372

When I first run it, it ran ok but then Blitzbasic wasn't recognizing a lot of tokens it used to do.

So I also copied the libs from that file... and when I run Makelibs, the computer crashes in a scary way, no guru, the display just completely DIES and the TV is showing "No Signal" image while the A600 keeps on.

I decided to copy this whole Blitz2 to my A600 HD.

Made the assign to blitzlibs

run Makelibs

Got a Guru.

I have no idea what to do right now.

EDIT I created the BLitzlibs folder on my Blitz2 folder, made the assign, copied the contents of Blitzlibs from that file to my folder, ran makelibs...

It crashes when it reaches the freqlibs.obj

Last edited by Shatterhand; 01 September 2019 at 22:19.
Old 01 September 2019, 22:57   #24
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

OH GODDAMNIT .

Deleted the freqlibs.obj . Now Makelkibs didn't crash... it just stopped at Amigaguide.Library1 , which was actually the last file, so I guess it worked. Had to reset the computer.

Now... it should work. But QAngle on my code now it isn't recognized... first it was tokenized as ValLong, when I changed it just don't recognized the command.

Removed all the QAngle commands from my code... still don't recognize the commands from this library (Which, yes, was on the blitzlibs folder)

Man I am trying to make this work for the WHOLE DAY. I'll just quit it for now, its really driving me crazy.
Old 01 September 2019, 23:01   #25
E-Penguin
Banana

Reinstall from the ultimate blitz cd, using the updated installer from aminet. It sounds like your installation is messed up
Old 01 September 2019, 23:08   #26
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

I installed from floppy eons ago.

I do have the Ultimate BLitz CD and I have no idea what to do. Do I copy those files to my Amiga CF and uise the Aminet installer to install it?
Old 02 September 2019, 07:12   #27
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatterhand View Post
I installed from floppy eons ago.

I do have the Ultimate BLitz CD and I have no idea what to do. Do I copy those files to my Amiga CF and uise the Aminet installer to install it?
You need to add/replace the files from the updated installer to the Ultimate Blitz CD. The updated installer can be found here: http://www.david-mcminn.co.uk/blitz-2000/archives/bb2/. Then you run "InstallBlitz2".
Old 02 September 2019, 08:14   #28
Coagulus
Gets there in the end...

Cool. Haven't tried the lib yet, hope it works. The nice thing is the mod is loaded into a bank meaning you can poke it. A position jump in the 1st pattern could be changed depending on where you want the module to start playing. Multiple tunes in one module which is what I did for JetHunt and will probably do in my future games.
Old 02 September 2019, 08:23   #29
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coagulus View Post
Cool. Haven't tried the lib yet, hope it works. The nice thing is the mod is loaded into a bank meaning you can poke it. A position jump in the 1st pattern could be changed depending on where you want the module to start playing. Multiple tunes in one module which is what I did for JetHunt and will probably do in my future games.
This is just what I have been thinking about, how to have multiple songs in one module to save disk space etc! Could you explain how you do this? I guess something like: you leave the first pattern of the mod empty and then you just insert a pattern jump at the first row of that pattern by poking, and then you play the mod? At what offset do you need to poke the instruction (I guess I could find out from some mod file specification of course)?
Old 02 September 2019, 17:35   #30
idrougge

I finally got my arse out of the carriage and published the source code here: https://github.com/idrougge/blitz_ptplayer

Readme etc will be added later, and feel free to open issues or pull requests.
Old 02 September 2019, 17:41   #31
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by idrougge View Post
I finally got my arse out of the carriage and published the source code here: https://github.com/idrougge/blitz_ptplayer

Readme etc will be added later, and feel free to open issues or pull requests.
Nice, thanks!
Old 03 September 2019, 00:26   #32
idrougge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickGyver View Post
This is just what I have been thinking about, how to have multiple songs in one module to save disk space etc! Could you explain how you do this? I guess something like: you leave the first pattern of the mod empty and then you just insert a pattern jump at the first row of that pattern by poking, and then you play the mod? At what offset do you need to poke the instruction (I guess I could find out from some mod file specification of course)?
You can set the start position in MTInit.
Using the other form of MTInit &module_addr, &instr_addr, startpos, you can have mods without instruments and keep their shared instruments at &inst_addr.
I haven't tried this myself, though, for lack of suitable data.
Old 03 September 2019, 18:45   #33
MickGyver

Quote:
Using the other form of MTInit &module_addr, &instr_addr, startpos, you can have mods without instruments and keep their shared instruments at &inst_addr.
Cheers!

I made an install script for Blitz Basic 2.1 and included some useful libraries, including your mod player. Is that ok by you? If not, I will remove it. The script is here: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=98664.
Old 03 September 2019, 19:28   #34
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Quote:
That sound good for memory saving; one feature request that my restless evil mind has come up with is adjust global samples volume independently, interesting if you want to come out with interactions "a la" Hostages (where an extra layer of drums turns on when you jump off your hideout)...
Old 03 September 2019, 19:32   #35
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

I just want to say that I solved my problems with the help of dear Earok, who just sent me hist Blitz Basic folder and everything worked
Old 03 September 2019, 19:48   #36
phx
Natteravn

Quote:
Originally Posted by saimon69 View Post
one feature request that my restless evil mind has come up with is adjust global samples volume independently
You mean something like a master volume per channel? That would be easy to do, as currently the same master volume is just applied to each of the four channels.

Or do you want to control the volume of individual samples? This could also be done, by manipulating the volume stored with the sample in the MOD. I could easily add an interface for it, with the two arguments sample# and volume.
Old 04 September 2019, 00:43   #37
idrougge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickGyver View Post
I made an install script for Blitz Basic 2.1 and included some useful libraries, including your mod player. Is that ok by you? If not, I will remove it. The script is here: http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=98664.
It's actually Phx's modplayer, I just added the necessary shims to make a Blitz library out of it.
Old 04 September 2019, 01:13   #38
earok

This is the Scorpion engine implementation of setting song position via PTPlayer and this library.

Code:
MTPlay Off
MTEnd
MTInit Bank_Music,Music_Position
MTPlay On
It seems to work just fine, though I'm not entirely sure if some of those lines are unnecessary?
Old 04 September 2019, 03:58   #39
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by phx View Post
You mean something like a master volume per channel? That would be easy to do, as currently the same master volume is just applied to each of the four channels.

Or do you want to control the volume of individual samples? This could also be done, by manipulating the volume stored with the sample in the MOD. I could easily add an interface for it, with the two arguments sample# and volume.
I was thinking at the latter one - independent samples volume, yes

Last edited by saimon69; 04 September 2019 at 06:56.
Old 04 September 2019, 21:15   #40
phx
Natteravn

Quote:
Originally Posted by saimon69 View Post
I was thinking at the latter one - independent samples volume, yes
Done. New function for ptplayer V5.4:
Code:
_mt_samplevol(d0=SampleNumber.w, d1=Volume.b)
  Redefine a sample's volume. May also be done while the song is playing.
  Warning: Does not check arguments for valid range! You must have done
  _mt_init before calling this function!
  The new volume is persistent. Even when the song is restarted.
Don't know when V5.4 will be released. Contact me, if anybody wants to try the beta.