English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 28 August 2019, 23:08   #941
darkwave

Thanks. I'm finally getting round to installing on my A1200 after installing on my A600 last week and was hoping to use the floppies is already made. Turns out, after putting the ROMs and CF card in and expecting to see the new boot screen it loaded straight into a fresh install of 3.1.4.

I guess "past me" had already set the card up via emulation, although I have no recollection of doing so!
Old 01 September 2019, 19:50   #942
rats

Hey, So installed 3.1.4 on my a4000 using the roms and disk provided. Then I have updated to latest version.

I have been trying to install 040 libs. I tried original workbench ones and phase 5. I am getting huge delays on boot and when I remove the library its really fast but gives me the request to install cpu libs.

Which are the correct and fastest libs to use. I have unplugged everything got no expansions just with card added and sd reader. I have the original 040 from commodore
Old 01 September 2019, 19:56   #943
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

I use the MMU library package, it provides up to date libs http://aminet.net/package/util/libs/MMULib
Old 01 September 2019, 20:36   #944
nogginthenog
Amigan

Using MMULib here (CS MkII 060) too.
You might want to look into MuFastROM & MuRedox (more 060 I guess).

setpatch nodriveledpatch doesn't seem to be working for me.
Old 02 September 2019, 11:23   #945
Thomas Richter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogginthenog View Post

Yes, it does. Just that the drive LED workaround is not responsible for the delay. I just wished I had never added this option. It just takes a while to setup MMU talbes.
Old 02 September 2019, 19:54   #946
nogginthenog
Amigan

Thanks for the clarification Thomas. The delay is not a huge deal for me.
Old 03 September 2019, 07:53   #947
Tekk

Quote:

I tried to use MuFastZero and MuMove4K as well in preparation for ShapeShifter. So I did an entry in the Startup-Sequence (before SetPatch QUIET):

C:MuMove4K PREPAREEMUL
C:MuFastZero ON

First of all - one of the entries complains that there is a lower version than v41 of the mmu.library on the machine. That's strange because in the shell (version mmu.library states "mmu.library 46.18". I installed that one with the MuTools which are configured/starting in the user-startup. (MuFastRom, MuProtectModules and MuLocklib)

Strangely enough with the MuMove4K and MuFastZero active I get a message from MuLibs *yellow alert* that the mmu.library and MuTools should be run AFTER setpatch. I would imagine being in the user-startup it is... strange. Or maybe there is a conflict in theses programs. Something to do with stuff moving to FastRam.
Old 03 September 2019, 17:48   #948
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Richter View Post
It just takes a while to setup MMU tables.
Quote:
Thanks for the clarification Thomas. The delay is not a huge deal for me.
I agree...With my A4000, and better MMU setup, I'm cool with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekk View Post
I tried to use MuFastZero and MuMove4K as well in preparation for ShapeShifter. So I did an entry in the Startup-Sequence (before SetPatch QUIET):

First of all - one of the entries complains that there is a lower version than v41 of the mmu.library on the machine. That's strange because in the shell (version mmu.library states "mmu.library 46.18". I installed that one with the MuTools which are configured/starting in the user-startup. (MuFastRom, MuProtectModules and MuLocklib)

Strangely enough with the MuMove4K and MuFastZero active I get a message from MuLibs *yellow alert* that the mmu.library and MuTools should be run AFTER setpatch. I would imagine being in the user-startup it is... strange. Or maybe there is a conflict in theses programs. Something to do with stuff moving to FastRam.
AFTER SetPatch is usually meant before all other programs are running previous to just after. Like multiple instances of Assign as well as other programs that make changes/change memory. Some programs are very particular to all that, such as MuLibs, which I'm not using on my OS 3.1.4+ install but am with 3.5.

Did you also patch SetPatch with the included patcher from Thor's archive?
Old 04 September 2019, 16:57   #949
rats

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigolemon View Post
I use the MMU library package, it provides up to date libs http://aminet.net/package/util/libs/MMULib
Just installed and get a Recovery Alert
Old 04 September 2019, 17:21   #950
Thomas Richter

Quote:

With 3.1.4, I believe Prepareemul should no longer be necessary. However: "MuMove4K" goes before SetPatch, MuFastZero goes after. Ideally, you should install one of the corresponding CPU libraries along with it. There is an installer and an installer script in the package.
Quote:
Let us fix the startup order first, then do the rest.
Quote:
That's right. MuFastZero goes after SetPatch. You cannot open the mmu.library before setpatch has done its job. However, before playing with MuFastZero, I suggest to get shapeshifter running. It is a potential optimization, but not a necessity.
Old 04 September 2019, 22:41   #951
Tekk

Yes, I did and I do not get any errors Thanks. However:

But i can't seem to get the mac booted. Tried different images but they end up with an error. Shapeshifter Filetask. Which I can suspend or do a reboot. Suspend will return to a gray screen with mac mousepointer and a little drawing of a mac smiling. If I reboot I get some weird behaviour of the 4000. Where do powerlight flashes and I have to do a shut/power down. Even after I start it up I get a Software Failure. I wonder if it has something to do with the CF Card being fragmented or something.

Above situation with the original settings described above as disabling (commented out) MuFastZero as removing PREPAREEMUL after MuMove4K.

Last edited by Tekk; 04 September 2019 at 22:56. Reason: tried different settings concerning MuFastZero and MuMove4K
Old 05 September 2019, 13:34   #952
rats

Quote:
Originally Posted by rats View Post
Just installed and get a Recovery Alert
I have tried to install the MMUlibs and just get a recovery alert. Can anybody help me out.

Last edited by rats; 05 September 2019 at 13:54.
Old 06 September 2019, 03:31   #953
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
If I reboot I get some weird behaviour of the 4000. Where do powerlight flashes and I have to do a shut/power down. Even after I start it up I get a Software Failure. I wonder if it has something to do with the CF Card being fragmented or something.
I type no, not related to CF...I use a IDE CF, as well as SCSI2SD V6. I bet it would clear AND get the same Software Failure if you pressed and held the CTRL+Amiga+Amiga for 10 to 15 seconds and release. RAM and ROM stuff happening there that hasn't cleared. I've done some stuff OS 3.1.4.(.1) reacts to as well. If things become really stuck with my A4000 that always helps. It might require another 3-finger momentary press, but always comes out of something "really bad". Some older floppy games require this also.

I should document some of these here, and I shall...sometime soon. I also read this as a reminder that I want to get my Mac partition going again.
Old 06 September 2019, 10:59   #954
Tekk

OK. Thanks. But still weird that I get the Shapeshifter error. Tried several roms. Reading about it and it seems that the Quadra 650 is the best option. I even validated it. Did some tinkering with the settings and still I get this ShapeShifter FileTask error. Weird stuff. I'm lost.
Old 07 September 2019, 21:22   #955
AC/DC HACKER!

Well, Tekk, I figured I'd have a look at my previous install with ShapeShifter. I have access to a backup of my original Hard Drives and accessed the partition. All with WinUAE. Now I've made a Mac2 partition on my SD Card I use with SCSI2SD V6, it's currently formatting (ShapeShifter). Then I'll copy the Mac partition to it and check if I can get it to go with OS 3.1.4.1 with my real A4000. Should report soon..
Old 08 September 2019, 03:11   #956
Tekk

Thanks m8, really appreciated!
Old 09 September 2019, 01:34   #957
AC/DC HACKER!

Quote:
Thanks m8, really appreciated!
I forgot ShapeShifter had been updated to 3.11. Fixed the copy bug with Mac Finder. That MuEVD sure is sweet, too.

Last edited by AC/DC HACKER!; 11 September 2019 at 20:58.
Old 25 November 2019, 20:12   #958
brett71

Hyperion's site for AmigaOS 3.1.4 indicates that Amiga on the Lake is/was a reseller. Does anyone know if this is still the case? I can't find anything for 3.1.4 on their site, only 4.1. Are there any other U.S. retailers? Is there any differences between the ROMs/disks released by any overseas vendors versus a U.S. vendor?

Thanks!
Old 25 November 2019, 20:56   #959
gulliver
BoingBagged

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett71 View Post
Is there any differences between the ROMs/disks released by any overseas vendors versus a U.S. vendor?
No, no difference between overseas and US versions. The only difference is between machine types for the obvious reasons (different drivers).
Old 25 November 2019, 20:57   #960
klx300r

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett71 View Post
Hyperion's site for AmigaOS 3.1.4 indicates that Amiga on the Lake is/was a reseller. Does anyone know if this is still the case? I can't find anything for 3.1.4 on their site, only 4.1. Are there any other U.S. retailers? Is there any differences between the ROMs/disks released by any overseas vendors versus a U.S. vendor?

Thanks!

got my ROMS and disks from them not too long ago for both my 1200 & 4000 with no issues