English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 16 February 2019, 09:04   #3041
starship

Can the morphos ppc ahi be ported with mos2wos?
Old 16 February 2019, 13:17   #3042
k0x

Am away from home now.

Please can somebody measure the dimensions of the metal bracket of Ramix 239 card?

Question is if this bracket will fit

http://www.bracket.com/downloads/bra.../94560000A.pdf

Thanks
Old 17 February 2019, 00:20   #3043
grelbfarlk

Quote:
Originally Posted by starship View Post
Can the morphos ppc ahi be ported with mos2wos?

Yeah it probably could be done, it just needs to be done, and basically converted from PowerUP to WarpUP. I nominate Martin Blom to do to it.
Old 17 February 2019, 17:53   #3044
Marlon_
AmigaDev.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by grelbfarlk View Post
Yeah it probably could be done, it just needs to be done, and basically converted from PowerUP to WarpUP. I nominate Martin Blom to do to it.
wouldn't the pci.library have to be PPC as well for this to even be usable?
Old 17 February 2019, 21:14   #3045
grelbfarlk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon_ View Post
wouldn't the pci.library have to be PPC as well for this to even be usable?

I don't think so, or maybe you're speaking of specifically the MorphOS version. Our WarpOS programs are capable of writing to GFX memory from PPC memory bypassing the Zorro bus, perhaps there's some AHI limitation that is keeping this from working properly. However the idea has a tradeoff that Paula probably wouldn't work or it would have to coexist with the 68k AHI still being there. But I don't think that's an insurmountable problem.

The whole reason of doing it is for multichannel audio or resampled audio to not get bogged down on the 68k also to keep latency low. Perhaps it could be split between 68k and PPC functions to get the best of both worlds. I don't know someone smarter than me would have to do it.
Old 19 February 2019, 16:36   #3046
Hall80

A1200 BlizzardPPC/Killer K1

Hi everybody =).
So, I know that wizard Hedeon says that A1200 Mediator is NOT supportedbut...I am the lucky owner of the "new" Killer K1. =).
K1 working in A1200 but: I have BPPC and there is a problem:
With clean OS39 and last "sonnet" powerpc.library, PCI.library 13.6, (and BPPCFIX), Mediator ENVs in ENV-ARC(MMU and PPCPCI=Yes) and Voodoo4 and K1..system working fine without output to Voodoo (i mean only on AGA)..
I have 256MB RAM..after InitPPC I have 320MB RAM and getinfo say PPC 333MHz etc etc...(Bogomips only 260)...but:
When I switch screenmode to Voodoo and restart..it crash when it try to loadwb (it exchange output to voodoo but only some links and mouse arrow are on the monitor and system not continue to boot up).
It is necessary to take powerpc.library and Mediators ENVs out. After this the system start properly to voodoo out. It looks that there is a problem if MMU and PPCPCI is YES.
And i do not know why, but if i left powerpc.library in libs, AMIDOCK crash with PPC load crash !! It looks that it try to decode JPG picture on the ppc although no inicialization of PPC was done! It is clean OS3.9 without BB1 and 2 and without Warpup and warp3D instalation..
Please..is here someone who has PCI PPC and BlizzardPPC in A1200/MediatorBlackTC and Voodoo4?
Another problem is that if the Killer K1 is in some PCI slot (without inicialization), my PCI Network card stopping working after some seconds...(NO interupt conflicts are there..etc).
I will continue with testing soon =).
Old 19 February 2019, 23:21   #3047
Hedeon
PPC Hacker

the picture.datatype of 3.9 is a fat binary which checks and loads powerpc.library and as such initializes the PPC if present. Without InitPPC first it crashes.

Try the same resolution but with another endian type regarding the crash with loadwb.
Old 20 February 2019, 12:45   #3048
Hall80

O.K. really thank you for your help. But what do you mean "the same resolution"?
I did not know that picture.datatype in OS3.9 is fat type 68k/warp =). But due to yesterday`s tests it looks that problem is Blizzard`s PPC and MMU=YES. .

Yesterday i found that if I have MMU=YES (INITPPC doesn`t apply) - WB start, but destroy background, icons of the disks and folders on the screen...may be because picture.datatype try to inicializate PPC (Blizzard or K1 - if I exchange PPCPCI to YES)..only mouse arrow works right and you can click on somethink, open folder (no icons there etc..)....
Is there some 68k only version of picture.datatypes?
I have new ROMs 3.x - is it right or the problem too?

Other question:
Is it a possible that "BPPCFIX INSTALL" initializate powerpc.library too?
Because when I power ON amiga and boot without startup seq. and do setpatch NOROMUPDATE, take ENVs to the RAM , assign it and after this try INITPPC or getinfo, it answer P5 ppc.library detected and do nothing.
But after "c:BPPCFIX INSTALL" and reboot (or after reboot of the ami that has BPPCFIX in the startup-sequence) the GETINFO answer imediatelly right!! (603/333MHz...)without PPCINIT before! (and with PPCINIT too).

And last question - is there some way how to disable PPC CPU on the BlizzardPPC?

Really thank to you, your hard work and your help.
Old 20 February 2019, 12:54   #3049
Hedeon
PPC Hacker

ppc.library sits in the BPPC firmware. So gets loaded during power up. BPPCFIX removes the ppc.library so you can use powerpc.library. You HAVE to run that first. That way, ppc on bppc is not in use.

There are a few programs that don't need PPCINIT, and those are programs that have no PPC code. GETINFO does not contain ppc code. It jumps to ppc code inside library but has not ppc code itself.

With resolution you have for example 640x480 and 640x480PC. Do you have all resolutions available or only essential? Are you even using P96? CGX does not work with K1/M1 it seems.

Just remove powerpc.library from LIBS: and use a script to start it. No need to remove current picture.datatype.
Old 20 February 2019, 13:27   #3050
Hall80

Aha...getinfo does not contain ppc code.
I use all resolutions from 320x240 up to 1600x1200 for testing, but right - now i used 1024x768PC only. Non PC has bad colors ov Voodoo4. Using P96 only..CGX not working on Voodoo/Radeon right?

If I remove powerpc.library from LIBS: how can I start it by script?
Sorry but i did not know that it is possible to move library somewhere and start it later.

And sorry for another question but i read that you and other guys using mmu.library and some MMU-Configuration tool - is it needed?
Old 20 February 2019, 14:18   #3051
jack-3d
kLiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hall80 View Post
If I remove powerpc.library from LIBS: how can I start it by script?
Sorry but i did not know that it is possible to move library somewhere and start it later.
My WB-Startup contains simple command to rename powerpc.library to powerpc.library_sonnet

My InitPPC batch contains rename powerpc.library_sonnet to powerpc.library and InitPPC.

It means my Amiga always starts as 68k, no PPC activated because datatypes cannot find "powerpc.library" (because it is renamed).

Only when I launch InitPPC batch it renames library to the good name and initiates PPC.
Old 20 February 2019, 16:26   #3052
Hedeon
PPC Hacker

See wiki.

Make a dir somewhere. Put the library in there.

script:

Assign LIBS: <dir> ADD
InitPPC

then

Protect script +s

It may be Assign <dir> LIBS: ADD
I'm not sure.
Old 20 February 2019, 17:12   #3053
Hall80

Yes yes I found it =)..You described it somewhere. It workd=).Thank you.. (Assign LIBS: SYSowerpc ADD)
But..it looks that in my case problems starts when I set PCIPPC to YES. It comletely change MemSpace for PCI devices! RAM range for PCI 0 (MPC8343) in ScanPCI was 0x30000000 - 0x300FFFFF (PCIPPC=NO) and now is 0x80000000 - 0x800FFFFF(PCIPPC=YES).
After PCIPPC =YES the WB graphics is bad without icons or some icons, windows for folder or started shell etc...
No powerpc.library or ppcinit..

Hmm..I do not know why, but in boot cases my memory window is now 4MB only and not 8MB...i must check it..(No PCMCIA).
Jumpers are on 8MB possition, Config=OFF, Wait=OFF, Wake-up=OFF..
Old 20 February 2019, 17:18   #3054
Hedeon
PPC Hacker

PCIPPC should be set as such, that the range should be in 0x20000000-0x40000000. 'Negative' addresses (0x80000000-0xFFFFFFFF) give problems with WarpOS. printf for example doesn't work anymore. I think it tests on a negative return value.
Old 20 February 2019, 17:35   #3055
Hall80

Oh sorry I make mistake..when PCIPPC is YES the MemSpace start at 0x30000000 - 0300FFFFF at PCI0 dev. If PCIPPC=NO MEMSPACE is 0x80000000 - 0x800FFFFF
Old 20 February 2019, 17:57   #3056
Hall80

In my other boot instalation there is no MMU or PCIPPC (For BPPC) I have Memory Window 8MB...PCI dev1 MemSpace0 start 0x80000000
EDIT: when I change in New OS39 MMU from MMU=YES to MMU=No 8MB Memory Windows is back.
EDIT2: sadly i found that my Killer K1 is detected by initPPC in "TOP" PCI1 only (but scanPCI see that card in every PCI slot) with other cards inside. Do not know why=o/.

Similar config like Indigolemon except BlizzardPPC (Voodoo4, SB128, NET, SpiderNEC, K1. His configuration of PCI cards with K1 in last PCI (lowest) is not working for me. ScanPCI detect it but initPPC no (No PPC detected) . I tried to install MMULib but it slow down booting of my Ami and freeze after some sec..And i think that this is not necessary for detecting of PCIPPC.=o(.

--- Question for users with PCIPPC - my card say in ScanPCI - Parity error randomly. Sometimes for Voodoo4, sometimes for Killer K1. Both are in somethink like - fast mode communication. Other cards are at Normal mode. Is it right state? Or my MediatorTX black is defected.

Last edited by Hall80; 21 February 2019 at 13:56.
Old 21 February 2019, 19:15   #3057
Wrangler

In case you missed it, the final version of Duke Nukem 3D for WarpOS is up on Aminet.

Also check out my conversion of Stratagus for WarpOS that let's you play Warcraft 2. This seems to use about 55MB so ought to work on an M1/K1. Would be interested in knowing if it does or not...
Old 21 February 2019, 19:40   #3058
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangler View Post
In case you missed it, the final version of Duke Nukem 3D for WarpOS is up on Aminet.

Also check out my conversion of Stratagus for WarpOS that let's you play Warcraft 2. This seems to use about 55MB so ought to work on an M1/K1. Would be interested in knowing if it does or not...
Still using the Radeon 9250 in my 1200 atm (I'm inherently lazy and currently busy so can't face swapping the Voodoo back in) so will try Duke soon.

I'll try Stratagus too - need to find my old discs to rob files from I assume?
Old 21 February 2019, 19:46   #3059
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigolemon View Post
Still using the Radeon 9250 in my 1200 atm (I'm inherently lazy and currently busy so can't face swapping the Voodoo back in) so will try Duke soon.

I'll try Stratagus too - need to find my old discs to rob files from I assume?

Duke and Stratagus should work on the Radeon - they both work on my BPPC with Radeon. And yes, you need the discs for both games for the graphics etc off them.
Old 21 February 2019, 19:50   #3060
indigolemon
Bit Copying Bard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrangler View Post
Duke and Stratagus should work on the Radeon - they both work on my BPPC with Radeon. And yes, you need the discs for both games for the graphics etc off them.
Cool man, looks like I'll be going up the loft soon then