English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 06 January 2019, 09:14   #381
d4rk3lf

I made a little bit of progress on my test game with this amazing app.
You can view it here:
http://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p=...9&postcount=29
Old 08 January 2019, 18:36   #382
d4rk3lf

I just feel, very very stupid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zener View Post
When you load the sprite sheet, there is a checkbox to tell RP to flip all animations, having the double of frames of course.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rk3lf View Post
Thanks
Yes, but if I understand correctly, "mirror anim" option, only reverse the animation frames (instead of going 1,2,3... it goes 10,09,08... etc).
Not flipping the image.
It's definitely very useful option, but if we need to have characters animation in other direction anyways, we can do that manually very quickly in Photoshop, or similar app.
(actually...my test above... didn't had to mirror anim at all... I made it mirror in the sprite sheet itself)
Actually, this is already a feature of RedPill!
What I didn't get is:
1) I expected that that option is on animation screen, not on the spritesheet screen
2) You first need to select "autoflip", THEN load the spritesheet, otherwise it wont work.

If you do so.. there you go After loading sprite sheet, and after slicing him, and if the sprite have, for example 5 frames... from 6 frame (in animation screen)... it will flip it.
That is awesome.
Hope, this help someone

Btw, here is new update... enemy following the main character... I watched some Zener Spanish tutorials, and kind-a tried to figure it out, because I don't know language
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 09 January 2019, 02:25   #383
xboxown

Quote:
I just feel, very very stupid...

Actually, this is already a feature of RedPill!
What I didn't get is:
1) I expected that that option is on animation screen, not on the spritesheet screen
2) You first need to select "autoflip", THEN load the spritesheet, otherwise it wont work.

If you do so.. there you go After loading sprite sheet, and after slicing him, and if the sprite have, for example 5 frames... from 6 frame (in animation screen)... it will flip it.
That is awesome.
Hope, this help someone

Btw, here is new update... enemy following the main character... I watched some Zener Spanish tutorials, and kind-a tried to figure it out, because I don't know language
[ Show youtube player ]
This looks like I just wanted to ask you a question. No one seem to have answered my question I was hoping if you could answer them:

A) Like in this current edition, can a person if hit by a monster trigger an event that makes the player for example have animation of been hit even go fall back or jump and fall down a distance back and cause the character to flash (invincible) for like 30 seconds before flashing (no more invincible) is over?

B) I really loved when I picked that ball (can a person have an animation of picking that ball?) on top of my head. When I throw the ball can it bounce off another wall or bounce of the another ball (and the other ball bounce off from the first ball that hit)?

C) Can a person (right now) have an animation of climbing up or down the ladder?

D) Can a person have (right now) have moving monsters (following a certain path)?

E) Can a person in the future write their own complex monster AI and stick their own customer AI into a monster of their own desire?

F) Can a person export monster AI's to be shared by other communities who then use that AI in their game (the archive of the AI will include a readme.txt to tell the user where each trigger, etc need to be for their monster)?

G) Can a person PROFIT from selling their own custom AI? (That is an enormous incentive for people to use such project when money is feasible)

H) Gamemaker have their own sprite editor...can we have our own sprite editor and make infinite sprites but when it is saved it will be encrypted into a sprite.pll file or something?

I) Can a person make their own audio/music (import/export) their own audio and music and save it in an encrypted file music.pll?

J) Can a person password protect their own source code (project)?

K) Can redpill be more like a programming language (but click and play) like game maker or engine001, or unity more than just predefined condition or glue this and that with huge limitations? Can a person be able to make any type of genra of games up to and including adventure click and play game? (In the future)

One THING I LOVED ABOUT REDPILL IS THE SUPERIOR PHYSICS (jumping, falling, throwing) IF WE CAN EVEN MAKE IT EVEN more superior it opens HUGE DOORS for truly professional games! S.E.U.Ck or whatever it is called socks now in comparison to redpill because of the just the physics redpill have! Heck! Sorry to say..but even coco banana's physic does not come close to redpill's physic! When in one of the demo projects of redpill I picked up that ball and threw it and the way it flew and bounced and rolled....MY BRAIN JUST THREW ENDLESS OF POTENTIAL COOL GAME IDEAS up to and INCLUDING Zombie games, platform adventure games, etc. I was going to jump and scream when I threw the ball into the other ball in hopes the other balls will get knocked off and do it's own physics as the first ball react to hitting the second ball..but when nothing happens my face went back to "Oooh" again! But that game of jumping from platform to platform and seeing monsters and switching to open doors already that demo have opened my brain with some cool ideas...I could make a game like the xbox version of Limbo! When I saw the dialog box tutorial it did open potentials also! I was unsure though in the dialog box if I could have flag event where you need to meet certain conditions and it opens different text or trigger other events like open doors, close doors or provide items for other quests and I am unsure if this version of redpill can do all this for me right now!

L) I have one final question! I want to make a tic tac toe game in redpill just for the heck of making a tic tac toe with computer AI or play against a second player. CAN I DO IT NOW WITH THE LATEST VERSION??!

I DO NOT WANT ANYONE TO MAKE TIC TAC TOE....THIS IS FOR ME TO MAKE! I WANT TO MAKE IT AND ASK ZENER TO PUT IT IN THE NEXT RELEASE OF DEMO PROJECTS!!!! SO PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS AWAY FROM ME!
Old 09 January 2019, 06:00   #384
d4rk3lf

Well, I am really a beginner at RedPill and can't answer to those questions.
I can explain (or share) any info and files from my own project.

Here is more detailed thread.

What I did is, rendered characters animation in 3DS Max, then I made spritesheets in Photoshop. I imported sheet in RedPill, and I made animation of left and right walking (Zener have a lots of beginners tutorial on youtube, that helped me out).
Then I've tried making triggers for walking, and I did it, but I realized that RedPill already include those triggers, and you can just load 8 direction triggers That was awesome discovery. However, It's cool I already tried creating my own, because I've learned something.

As for the enemies (last update), I found some Zener tutorial on Spanish, and even I didn't understand a word, I saw how he setup enemy to follow character.
Basically you tell enemy to go towards character at X, and Y direction, and set speed.
I still haven't trying collisions, and that is what I am going to try for next update .
Old 09 January 2019, 07:20   #385
xboxown

Hmm! Interesting! I am going to do the graphics in paint program in windows and then convert them to iff using PPaint in Amiga! Since I am not much into complicated AI...I want to write AI where the computer moves the pieces for tic tac toe
Old 09 January 2019, 14:36   #386
twenty90seven
twenty90seven

I'd like to make a top down racing game, is the Red Pill Racer open source so we can learn how it has been made?
Old 10 January 2019, 03:49   #387
d4rk3lf

Quote:
Originally Posted by twenty90seven View Post
I'd like to make a top down racing game, is the Red Pill Racer open source so we can learn how it has been made?
Yes.
I personally learn a lot from that great sample, and still learning.
In the project folder you have a several games that you can look at, and see how they made it.
Also, don't forget that you have triggers folder (for basic movement), so you don't need to recreate triggers every time.
Basically, you can even open some game, and if you like behavior or player, or enemy, you can save those triggers, then load them into your own project, modify it, and use it.

Top down racing shouldn't be very hard to do, although I have no idea how AI should be triggered (especially for turning on bended road).
But if you only have fast moving player, and road with maybe some obstacles, that shouldn't be too hard.
Old 10 January 2019, 11:38   #388
Zener

Quote:
Yes.
I personally learn a lot from that great sample, and still learning.
In the project folder you have a several games that you can look at, and see how they made it.
Also, don't forget that you have triggers folder (for basic movement), so you don't need to recreate triggers every time.
Basically, you can even open some game, and if you like behavior or player, or enemy, you can save those triggers, then load them into your own project, modify it, and use it.

Top down racing shouldn't be very hard to do, although I have no idea how AI should be triggered (especially for turning on bended road).
But if you only have fast moving player, and road with maybe some obstacles, that shouldn't be too hard.
I didn't think a top down racing game was possible to do, but Juande did it with great results. The triggers and everything are visible in the project, you can use them as reference. There are not enemies in this game. I think adding them may be possible, but this is going to be a challenge for sure.
Old 10 January 2019, 11:48   #389
kikems

Quote:
I didn't think a top down racing game was possible to do, but Juande did it with great results. The triggers and everything are visible in the project, you can use them as reference. There are not enemies in this game. I think adding them may be possible, but this is going to be a challenge for sure.
Redpill Amiga Racer by our friend Juande 3050 was a great game for Redpill, when we saw it, we were surprised. This game is a good example that good games can be done with RedPill.

Here a gameplay.
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 10 January 2019, 11:55   #390
d4rk3lf

Hey guys, while you are there... something bothers me very much these days.

Gravity and physics are awesome feature, but can it work in a game like Final Fight, Golden Axe... etc?
I have a character that can go 8 directions, but I also need jump. If I turn on physics the engine will look platform to stand on, and it's not what I want.

Or can it be done without gravity, and how?
I've tried like making when you press fire, object go Y-20, then go to original position, but can't make it.

Any ideas?
Old 10 January 2019, 17:22   #391
amiman99

Quote:

Gravity and physics are awesome feature, but can it work in a game like Final Fight, Golden Axe... etc?
I have a character that can go 8 directions, but I also need jump. If I turn on physics the engine will look platform to stand on, and it's not what I want.

I've tried like making when you press fire, object go Y-20, then go to original position, but can't make it.

Any ideas?
Fake it, make the animation as a jump, then use some conditions to check for jump animation. Lets say you want to jump over some object, you could check for collision, example: when the object is playing the jump animation and is over the object, then there is no collision, etc.

For Final Fight game, I would try to solve for the "Y Order" problem, and I'm not sure how to do that in Redpill.
Old 10 January 2019, 20:47   #392
Zener

Quote:

Any ideas?
The jumping is possible to do without activating the physics, check the example I've put in The Zone.

[ Show youtube player ]

Also, you can check this video showing the whole process (once it finishes to upload), basically I have a backup object with the position the player was in when the jump started. This way I can check when the jump finishes comparing the Y coordinate of both objects.

I hope it helps
Attached Files
File Type: lha GoldenAxeExample.lha (63.2 KB, 120 views)
Old 11 January 2019, 07:30   #393
d4rk3lf

Just WOW.
Thanks a lot man, I could never figured this out.
(actually, I had an similar idea: To make a 2 objects. man character have physics (can only jump), and is parented to other object (that have 8 direction movement, and no physics. But it's probably not a good idea, neighter I would know how to implement it).
This tutorial will help everyone that don't have much expedience in programming (like me)!

Anyway, I first tried this on my old project, but for some reason, it didn't worked, but I recreated project from scratch, and again, followed carefully your tutorial, and I did it!
Worked perfectly!
(I also included hit, and kick, and orientation of the character )
Here is the result:
[ Show youtube player ]

I also included in my video, setup of my character and enemy, so anyone can suggest if I can make this better optimized.
-----------------------

2 questions:

1) I am trying to make my jump a little bit slower (project is 50fps). But when I change speed values, character always jumps a little bit lower. You can see that in my video from 1:12. Is it possible to make jump a little bit slower, and how?

2) As you see, I have enemy in my project. It's time to do some collision and fighting. Could you Zener (or anyone) point me in the right direction (of thinking) on how to achieve that? Should I include 2 more objects (one for the enemy and one for the player), that spawns right where the hand or foot are, and detect collision? Or there is some other tricks I can try?
Obviously, I don't want anyone to do the work for me (and thanks again for this tutorial), and I am not asking one more tut (thought, it would be great ), but just to push my thinking in the right direction.
Of course, the first priority for Zener is to continue developing this awesome software, so anyone else can answer.
Old 11 January 2019, 13:31   #394
Yoz Montana

Quote:
The jumping is possible to do without activating the physics, check the example I've put in The Zone.

[ Show youtube player ]

Also, you can check this video showing the whole process (once it finishes to upload), basically I have a backup object with the position the player was in when the jump started. This way I can check when the jump finishes comparing the Y coordinate of both objects.

I hope it helps
Hi Zener,

I changed your example, sometimes clipping and slowing sprite.
Behavior walk up and down does not work in the left direction.
Attached Files
File Type: rar example_goldenaxe_by_YozMontana.rar (64.2 KB, 87 views)
Old 11 January 2019, 14:14   #395
Zener

You are good Yoz!

I was not sure if you would be able to open the project I did, because I was using the yet to be released RP 0.6.10
Old 11 January 2019, 17:14   #396
d4rk3lf

great Yoz Montana

However, in your version I am able to pres up and left or right, after the jump, and player will continue to fly into infinity.
(using V0.6.9)

Actually, not a big deal.
Even before I asked a question, I studied jump of 2 famous beat em ups (Final Fight and Captain Commando), on arcades.
Both have very limited jump:
Either you jump just up (and no movements possible except fire), or you jump left and right, and again... no other movement allowed except fire.
It's not like a jump with platformers, so I guess it's easier to make.

Edit: tested 2 more games: Golden Axe, and Punisher.
Golden Axe have some sort of freedom when you jump, but not much. You can turn on once, and that's it.
Punisher also had locked jump.
That makes me think, it's truly intentional (because Golden Axe was the oldest one), and I guess they figured out that the better gameplay is, when the jump is locked.
Well, as they say: Sometimes, the less is more.

Last edited by d4rk3lf; 11 January 2019 at 20:08.
Old 11 January 2019, 20:30   #397
Yoz Montana

Quote:
great Yoz Montana

However, in your version I am able to pres up and left or right, after the jump, and player will continue to fly into infinity.
(using V0.6.9)
Insert this code [ Var True ] [ ISGROUDED ] in Condition/Parameter : INPUT DOWN and INPUT UP
The player not continue to fly after the jump.
Old 12 January 2019, 00:46   #398
Zener

New release! Get it now! http://tiny.cc/getredpill

0.6.10 Changes:
-Scroll routines are more optimal than in previous version/s.
-Condition Timer not Active has been added.
-Now the Save&Load Checkpoint triggers take into account the level, and will reload it in case it is necessary.
-Fix in Mutate To trigger, for some cases it was not keeping the old position coordinates.
-In Animation screen, now you can choose the reference cross to be in the center or in the bottom.
-In Animation screen, the frame was not refreshing after changing start frame, this has been fixed.
-Action triggers added to Set Custom Var 0 and Custom Var 1 of objects using the value of one global var.
-Action triggers added to Increment Custom Var 0 and Custom Var 1 of objects using the value of one global var.
-Now the global REDPILL settings are saved and loaded.
-Change Tile trigger was been reimplemented to be faster.
-In Game Setup screen you can choose if the timers will use real clock or a fixed time (classic Amiga way).
-In HUD when using a bar, the filled bar cannot overflow the maximum anymore
-When an object is grounded will trigger a bottom collision.
-Some minor optimization in objects update.
-Fixed screen shake trigger that was not working in certain situations.
Old 12 January 2019, 09:51   #399
d4rk3lf

Quote:
New release! Get it now! http://tiny.cc/getredpill
Great.
So far, no problems with my project from previous version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoz Montana View Post
Insert this code [ Var True ] [ ISGROUDED ] in Condition/Parameter : INPUT DOWN and INPUT UP
The player not continue to fly after the jump.
Thanks, I thought of something like that, that's why I said: No big deal.
----------

I have a (simple problem).
Watched the Galaga sample, but I can't recreate shooting.

I have a player, and I have shooting object.
I set a shooting object to set speed X=1, and also to play still animation (ball)
I set the player input fire, and in action I choose "instantiate", but when I need to select ball object, it isn't on the list. Can't select it.
I've tried changing ball object type to "none", "shoot", "enemy"... Instantiante just don't see it.
Old 12 January 2019, 11:10   #400
Zener

Quote:
Great.
So far, no problems with my project from previous version.

Thanks, I thought of something like that, that's why I said: No big deal.
----------

I have a (simple problem).
Watched the Galaga sample, but I can't recreate shooting.

I have a player, and I have shooting object.
I set a shooting object to set speed X=1, and also to play still animation (ball)
I set the player input fire, and in action I choose "instantiate", but when I need to select ball object, it isn't on the list. Can't select it.
I've tried changing ball object type to "none", "shoot", "enemy"... Instantiante just don't see it.
In order to instantiate an object it must be non static, click on the static checkbox